All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seven

“Hey hon.”

Looking up at her father, Julie acknowledged him, but didn’t open her mouth to speak. She had nothing to say. With a sigh, JC took a seat next to her.

“Why did you come home early today, Jules? Did you feel sick?”

“No.”

“So tell me why. You know that cutting class is not tolerated. You didn’t even call to check to see if it was okay. What’s going on?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Well, I’m sorry, but you really don’t have that option. So you better get talkin’ because if I have to ask you again, you’re going to have some trouble sitting for awhile.”

Though her father had threatened her before, she was pretty sure that he wasn’t bluffing this time. Her eyes filled with tears as she brought her hand up to wipe them away angrily.

“I said that I don’t want to talk about it. Why can’t you respect that?”

JC snorted in response as he rolled his eyes heavenward. He had no idea what her problem was, but he didn’t like this new-found attitude.

“Don’t talk to me about respect, Julie. You had a complete disregard for respect today when you waltzed your little butt out of that school. Now you’d better start talking and I mean it, or you’re going to be punished.”

“Whatever.”

JC felt his blood boil at the comment. He’d never had to put up with this kind of mouth from her. Abbi liked to get mouthy on occasion, but he couldn’t remember the last time his daughter had acted like this.

“Fine. You get yourself up those steps and into your room. I don’t want to see your face for the rest of the evening,” he seethed.

Rolling her eyes, she stood up and stomped towards the stairs. From his place on the couch, he could hear the sound of her door slamming. Yep. He was going to have himself committed!

~*~

Dinner was quiet, with the exception of Abbi’s constant chatter. JC offered a one-word response here and there, but he wasn’t even really paying attention to anything she said. His mind was on his other child.

She was a teenager now, sure. He was not so stupid as to completely disregard that aspect, but still. She was sixteen years old, had been a teenager for three years now, and he’d never encountered this kind of behavior from her. He didn’t like it one bite.

“I’m going to take a plate of food up to her and see if she’s ready to talk,” JC announced, cutting Abbi off mid-sentence. He missed the scowl that she wore on her face as she slumped down in her seat, her arms cross over her chest. Stupid old Julie! She was always doing something to hold their father’s attention!

Jen offered her daughter a small smile.

“So what were you talking about, honey?” She questioned after her husband had left the table. She knew that Abbi felt over-shadowed by her older sister at times, and she had done everything in her power to make sure that the youngster never felt left out. She listened intently as Abbi continued to ramble on. For the sake of her husband’s sanity, she hoped that their next child was a boy!

~*~

JC knocked on the door once before pushing it open. He jumped back when he heard his daughter’s shriek as she whirled around to glare at him.

“Dad! Don’t you know the meaning of the word ‘privacy’?” She snapped angrily, standing up. She strode over to the door and attempted to shut it in his face. His surprise was forgotten and quickly replaced with anger.

He put his hand up to stop the door from being slammed in his face and strolled into the room angrily. He pointed to her bed.

“Sit,” he demanded, his voice leaving no room for an argument. “I’m going to say this once, and only once. You’d better straighten up and lose the attitude. I’m losing my patience with you very fast and if you keep it up, you’re going to find yourself in a lot of trouble,” he said coldly before walking over to her desk and putting her plate onto it. Without another word, he turned and exited the room, bringing the door to a close behind him.

Julie fell back onto her pillows, her heart pounding in her chest. She’d never seen her father so upset with her. She brought her hands up and pressed them to her eyes as she tried to will the tears away.

~*~

“I have no idea what her problem is, Jen. She’s really starting to drive me crazy though!” JC ranted as he stood in the middle of their bedroom floor, dressing for bed. He glanced over at his wife who was watching him carefully.

“She’s growing up, JC.”

“That doesn’t give her the right to speak to me like that! I swear to God, Jen. If she talks to me with that snotty tone of voice one more time I’m going to”“

“You’re going to threaten her with a spanking and then come back to rant to me about it.”

Turning to face her, he snarled angrily.

“You think this is funny?” He snapped. Rolling her eyes at his tone, Jen leaned over to turn the light off on her side of the bed before getting comfortable.

“Actually, I do! You’re getting a taste of your own medicine, hon. Julie’s growing up and she’s got that famous Chasez temper. Honestly? I’m surprised that she’s managed to keep it under control this long,” she commented, pulling the covers up around her.

“I’m starting to get really sick and tired of all the disrespect I’m shown around here!”

“Look buddy, you’d better cool it. Don’t you dare take your anger out on me. I’ve not done a thing and I don’t appreciate your tone. So, if you don’t want to find yourself on the couch, you’ll settle down,” she warned, not even looking at her.

“Maybe I’ll go sleep on the couch anyway!” He threatened.

“Go ahead. Sleep well.”

Grabbing his pillow, JC stomped out of the room angrily. She heard him stomping all the way down the stairs and she shook her head. And he wondered where Julie got it all from!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki