Silent House by Ryder


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Dark Corners
Chapter Two “ A New Friend


“That’s everything!” Thad, the moving truck guy yelled out to Justin.


Justin walked back into the living room where the two guys were. They managed to put the couch, the table and a few things in the living room, bring a small desk to the office room upstairs, drag two mattresses in the two bedrooms, and bring a table and boxes full of appliances in the kitchen.


“I’d like to thank you guys so much for everything.” Justin said fishing in his pocket and handing them there money.


“No probably, it was actually one of the easiest moving jobs we’ve done in a while.” said Joey, shoving the bills into his pocket.


“Well, we better get going. It was nice to meet you Justin.” Thad said. The three men exchanged goodbyes before they departed. Justin looked as they backed up the small truck, and they were off.


Justin then turned around, and he looked at the whole picture. This was his house. The money that he has been saving forever has finally paid off.


Justin walked over to the kitchen and picked up the box that was labeled, ‘Plates, Glasses’ and started unpacking it.


Justin didn’t see Vincent at all in the house when he was unpacking the stuff. But when he caught a few glances out the window in the back of the house thought he saw him in the backyard.


Justin finished unpacking the plates and glasses into the small cupboards. His stomach began grumbling. Justin picked up his cell phone and walked over to the back of the kitchen and opened the back door.


“Vincent?” Justin called out. Justin looked at his watch, and it was 7:30. It was getting dark outside, as the sun was ready to go down. “Vincent!” Justin walked out of the house and into the backyard. It wasn’t much; it was just trees in the back.


Justin walked back in the house, yelling out for Vincent. Justin felt like he heard footsteps coming from upstairs. He put his phone down by the kitchen counter and he walked over to the staircase.


“Vincent? Can you come downstairs please?” Justin called out. Nothing.


Justin sucked his teeth and he marched upstairs, skipping over the fourth step because of the missing stair board, and making his way to the 2nd floor.


Justin walked over to the bedroom that was supposed to be Vincent’s, but he wasn’t there. Justin walked over to the bedroom that was supposed to be his, but he didn’t see Vincent there either. Justin started to panic. His heart began beating really fast.


Justin ran out the room, still yelling out for Vincent. He accelerated down the stairs and ran into the kitchen for his phone, but he stopped when he ran into him.


“Vincent! Where were you?” Justin said, calming down.


“I was upstairs, and then I went downstairs when I heard you looking for me.” Vincent said, looking confused.


“You nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought you were kidnapped or something.” Justin said, then laughing. Vincent didn’t say anything.


~



“Pizza’s here!” Justin called out to Vincent, closing the door and walking over to the kitchen table. Vincent ran as fast as he could downstairs, singing ‘Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!’ excitedly.


Justin chuckled as he set the pizza box on the table and went to get out the plastic plates and cups. He opened the soda and poured out two drinks for Vincent and himself.


“Dad never bought pizza. And when he did, he got the yucky stuff.” Vincent said, opening the box and getting a slice. He put his mouth on the tip of it, and he yelped in pain.


“It’s still hot doofy!” Justin laughed. Vincent rolled his eyes. “Gee, still Mr. Obvious, huh?” Vincent said, sitting down at the table.


Justin went over to the pizza box and he grabbed a slice.


“So, how do you like the house?” Justin asked.


“I love it. It’s so cool! We have an attic!” Vincent said, excitedly.


Justin nodded, taking a bite out of his pizza. “I’m just so happy to see you again.” Justin said, smiling warmly at his little brother. Vincent looked up at him and grinned, then took a big bite out of pizza.


“Just like long ago, but this will be more funner.” Vincent said.

Justin nodded again. “Well, tomorrow we will officially sort everything out. Remember the town that we passed by on the way here? It’s called Ravenwood. It’s a pretty big town, not quite a city though. There’s a really nice school there, some nice restaurants, stores, houses, it’s really great. I’ll take you over there tomorrow. I already registered you for school.”

Vincent didn’t know how to take this. School already? It’s already April. Vincent grabbed another slice of pizza.

“Justin. What about Dad?”

Justin looked up from his plate, not staring at Vincent. His heart started to beat again.

“What about him?” Justin asked, still not looking at Vincent.


“Did you tell him that we’re here?” Vincent asked.


“No. This is our little secret. Dad doesn’t know.” Justin answered him.


Vincent eyes became wide. “You mean, I have to go back there again?” Vincent started to feel queasy at the thought.


“Oh, no no no no!” Justin began, “for now on, you’ll be living with me. And I mean that. But-” Justin paused.


“But what?” Vincent asked, wanting to know what he will say.


“Nothing. I just have to check on things.” Justin said. Justin washed his plate by the small sink, and he put it in the cupboard.


“Justin “ what did you do when we left?” Vincent asked.


Justin stopped in his tracks.


“Pardon me, Vincent?” Justin asked his back to him.


“When you came to pick me up from Dad’s house. You said to go in the car and wait, and you went into the house. You didn’t come back inside the car ‘till like 8 minutes.” Vincent asked.


Justin blinked. He turned around and opened his mouth, then closed it. He started thinking.


“Nothing. Vincent “ I think it’s time to take a bath.”


~


Vincent and Justin were in the bath tub together, Justin in his swimming trunks on, and they were both having a bubble bath.


“How long can you hold your head under water for?” Vincent asked.


“Um…how long can you?” Justin asked him.


“Ten seconds!” Vincent said proudly.


“You wish!” Justin said, throwing a handful of bubbles at him.


“Yo mama!” Vincent yelled out loud, bursting into giggles. Justin pretended to be outraged, and he grabbed Vincent and faked choking him, as Vincent laughed louder.


~


“Okay! Okay! Stop jumping you little Rugrat!” Justin said, coming into Vincent’s room.


Vincent was still jumping on his mattress, sticking his tongue out at Justin. Justin grabbed him and threw him down on the bed. Then he started tickling him, as Vincent started laughing again.


“Okay, calm down. Calm down. It’s getting late. It’s sleepy time.” Justin said, as he lied down in bed right next to him, with a book.


Justin read the small book to Vincent, and when they were finished, Vincent started to yawn.


“See, you’re ready for bed. We had a long day. And I’m tired too.” Justin said. Vincent nodded.


“Okay, goodnight Vincent.” Justin said, giving him a kiss on the forehead.


Justin turned off the lamp and turned on the night light.


“Justin.” Vincent called out.


“Yes, Vincent?”


Vincent turned around to face him. “Was there a family living here before us?”


Justin cocked his eyebrow. “Um, yes. I believe so. This place is old, so most likely, yeah. Why?”


“Because I met someone who told me that.” Vincent said, turning around in his bed, his back facing Justin.


“Who? And where?” Justin asked, leaning against the door.


“Patrick. He says he used to live here.” Vincent whispered.


“Oh. Where did you meet him?” Justin asked curious.


“In the attic.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki