Silent House by Ryder


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Three “ Not Alone


Justin walked down the hallway, holding onto Vincent’s hand, looking for the right room number.


‘Room 204.’ He said to himself, looking at the numbers on the wall.


They were at Indian Trails Elementary School, the town’s only school for grades Pre-K to 8th. Justin was in the 2nd grade hallway, when he came across the room he was looking for.


“Here we are. Room 204. Remember what I told you. Smile big, be polite. You’ll be fine. Okay.” Justin said, smiling at Vincent, who was still unsure of the idea of going to a new school.


Justin knocked on the classroom door. A few seconds later, a young woman, about Justin’s age, with dirty blonde hair, and brown eyes answered the door. Justin mouth flew open, staring at the teacher.


“Uh “ Hello?” Britney asked, looking confused.


“Oh. I’m sorry. Dosed off there for a second.” Justin asked embarrassed.


Vincent sniggered behind Justin. “Oh, it’s okay.” Britney asked, cocking an eyebrow.


“Um “ Hi! I’m Justin, and this is Vincent Briggs.” Justin said, stepping to the side so Britney could see him.


Britney crouched down to Vincent’s level, smiling. “Hello there Vincent. I’m Ms. Spears, your new teacher. How are you?”


“I’m okay.” Vincent said, shrugging.


“Well, the students are in Music class right now, but they should be coming back in a few minutes. This is good so I could show you around the room and show you were you will be sitting and all that stuff. Sounds good?” Britney asked the young boy.


Vincent nodded again.


Britney rose up and addressed Justin now. “He looks like a cute boy. Just like his father.” Britney said, smiling.


“Uh-no. I’m actually his older brother.” Justin said, laughing.


Britney blushed, feeling stupid. “Oh. Brother! Okay! I’m sorry.”


“Yeah, I’m actually his half-brother. But I’m all that he has right now.” Justin said, and then he looked down at his feet.


Britney nodded and bit the bottom of her lip. “Well, Vincent you can come right in.” Britney smiled once again, and Vincent let go of Justin’s hand and walked inside the classroom.


“Class ends at 2:45. Are you planning to pick him up or is he going on the bus?” Britney asked.


“He’s taking the bus. We live right out of town. In the woods area.” Justin said, jiggling his keys.


Britney nodded, playing with the pencil hidden behind her ear. “Okay. I’ll make sure I’ll show him out. He’ll be taken the-“


“Starfish bus.” Justin said, in a matter-of-factly tone.


Britney nodded, and smiled genuinely at Justin. “Well, I hope I get to see you around, and maybe you can be hands-on monitor with the class. We’re always looking for some star parents and guardians who can help the children out.”


Justin bobbed his head once more. “I would be delighted. It’s nice to meet you Ms. Spears.”


“Britney.” Britney said.


“Okay then, Britney.” Justin grinned. “Bye.”


Justin turned to walk down the hallway, as he was walking; he stared into the classrooms, glancing at the students working, or coloring, or talking with the teachers. Justin felt a warm feeling just looking at them “ remembering when he was there age, not a care in the world but the homework that they had to do at night, and that’s it.


~


Justin drove to the gas station, stopping at the gas pump. He was almost at empty. Justin put his hand down his pocket and got out his wallet and opened it. He only had about 50 dollars left. He had to get a job and fast.


~


Justin pulled up at his driveway, and pulled the key out of the ignition. Justin got out the car and walked over to the cabin door, when he noticed that the door was ajar.


He stood there, confused. ‘Did I forget to close the door when we went out?’ He thought to himself. Then he remembered that Vincent was the last one to leave the house.


At once, Justin pushed open the door and went inside, making sure he closed it and locked it. He glanced at his watch, it was 9:40.


He walked into the kitchen and laid his car keys on the counter top. Justin took a big sigh and he ran his hands over his head. He was starting to get a headache again. Justin walked over to the top cupboard and opened it, and he took out one of the many prescription bottles that was stored in there. He popped the cover opened and took out 4 tablets. He threw his head back and popped them into his mouth. He went over to the other cupboard and got out a cup, and he walked over to the sink and filled his cup with tap water.


He took one swig of it until all 4 pills were swallowed, and then he threw the rest of the water into the sink and he walked upstairs to take a quick nap.


~


“JUSTIN!”


Justin shot right up, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness.


“Yes Vincent!” Justin called out.


Right by the door was an outline of Vincent, but he turned around and ran away. Justin removed his blankets that was on top of him and ran after him.


“Vincent? What’s wrong? Where are you?” He said, standing by the office, putting his hand at the railing and looking downstairs.


There was silence. Justin looked around; there was no trace of where Vincent has gone.


Justin glanced at his clock “ it read 12:30. But school ended at 2:45, and Vincent wouldn’t have been home until about 3:30. Justin felt the hair behind his neck stand up, giving him an eerie feeling that something was wrong. He knew exactly what he heard. It sounded like a little boy’s voice “ like Vincent’s.


But what Justin really felt scared was because he answered it. He answered to a person that wasn’t there.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki