Silent House by Ryder


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Note: I just wanna say before you all read up, that I'm so happy thta many of you are enjoying the story. It's preety crazy that people actually like what I'm writing. Hope you continue to like it - and if you have any sugestions or somments, PLEASE post it. Happy reading.


Chapter Four – The Bath Pt. I


The school bus was now near empty, except for a handful of kids who were waiting for the last stop. Vincent sat there in the 4th seat, sitting there by himself, fiddling with his thumbs. His first day at Indian Trails School was alright, according to his standards. The teacher was extra nice to him, and at the end of the day, the class was at Outdoor Gym and he did play with a couple of people. He smiled at the thought.


“Okay, Stop Rivera.” The bus came to a halt, and a bus monitor came up to Vincent.


“This is your stop buddy.” the old lady said, and Vincent got up, picking up his book bag and he walked down the small aisle, and down the bus steps. He jumped one last time and he was standing at the dirt paved road. Only two other kids got off the bus – and they weren’t his age. Vincent glanced at them as they went the opposite direction that Vincent was going. Vincent gave a sigh and he started walking down the dirt paved road.


Vincent, looked around him, there was nothing but bushes and trees surrounding both sides of the road. Vincent felt weird, as if somebody was watching him.


He kept on walking, the only noise coming from his shoes hitting the road, when unexpectedly, he heard footsteps behind him. Vincent quickly glanced over his shoulder. Nothing. Vincent turned around and he started back walking down the street, picking up his pace this time, when he heard the bushes move.


Vincent slowly glanced down to his left, and peered in the bushes. There was nothing there. Vincent gave another sigh, and he continued walking, when suddenly he felt a cold hand on his shoulder.

“I’m back.”

~


Justin sat there, looking down at his half-eaten Ramen Noodles that he was having for dinner. Justin looked up and down the table; Vincent was sitting there, eating his hungrily.


Justin just didn’t feel hungry. He kept on thinking about what happened today. He swore he heard someone calling his name out-loud, he thought it was Vincent. And he saw the shadow of the little boy by his door. Not only that, Justin answered to it. Justin put his elbows on the table and drove his hands over his head. He was getting a headache.


Justin then stopped and thought of what Vincent said the night they moved in. About the attic. Justin looked up at Vincent – who was still eating.


“Vincent?” Justin asked out, his voice cracking.


Vincent looked up, his eyebrows furrowing to his hairline.


“Remember last night – when you said something about meeting someone in the attic. Were you just joking around, or were you serious?” Justin asked quietly, not letting his voice go above a whisper.


Vincent didn’t say anything for a while, and then he opened his mouth, “I was just joking. Why?”


Justin knew it. He bit the bottom of his lip. Maybe it was the medication. He did take the pills for his depression before he went to take a nap.


“No. Nothing. I think I’m going to take a bath.” Justin announced, getting up from his seat and picking up his bowl.


Vincent nodded, as Justin deposited his bowl in the kitchen sink, and he went upstairs.
Vincent waited a while before he heard Justin go into the bathroom.


“You can come out now.” Vincent muttered from under the table.


“Did you talk to Justin today?” Vincent asked as he got up and put his bowl in the sink.


“Well, you shouldn’t. He scare too easily. I was just joking at Lunch today. I didn’t really want you to go home and yell at Justin for putting jelly on my sandwich.” Vincent said, glaring at the seat that he was sitting next to at the table.


“Well, I’m going to do my homework upstairs, you coming?” Vincent said, and without waiting for an answer, he walked upstairs to his bedroom and he locked the door.

~

Justin sat under the shower-head, sitting Indian style in the bathtub, feeling the water hit his skin. Justin then reached over to the water dial and turned the showerhead off, leaving the water running from the pipe.


Justin then backed away, and lied down in the bath tub, the water covering over him. He closed his eyes and lean his head by the end of the bathtub, and sighed. He was finally feeling relaxed. Justin laid there, remembering how he bought this house.


~ 7 Days Ago ~


Justin and Clifford both arrived in front of the cabin at 12:30 – thirty minutes before the actual appointment was scheduled. Clifford opened the driver’s seat door and got out, while Justin opened the passenger’s seat door and walked over to the man that was in front of the cabin.


“Hello there! My name is Mr. Reilly, and you might be-” Reilly, the cabin’s manager said, shaking hands with Justin, who nearly ran up to the man.


“Justin. I called yesterday about seeing the house.” Justin said enthusiastically.


Justin knew this was the house. The house that he could buy for him and Vincent. He kept having recurring dreams about the house – the backyard, the trees. It was far-away from where Justin used to live in the trailer, and from the projects.


Clifford Harris (or as his friends & Justin call him by his nickname, T.I.), a 18 year old black guy, (the same age as Justin) that Justin had been friends with since he ran away from home. Clifford readjusted his Atlanta black on black baseball fitted over his head and walked over to the house manager. He shook his hand.


“So, are you guys together?” Mr. Reilly asked him, slightly uncomfortable.


“Yeah. We arrived together. I would hope so.” Justin answered, what Mr. Reilly was actually referring to flew over his head.


Mr. Reilly nodded, smiling robotically. “Well, this place is perfect for you two, it’s a nice place where you can relax, have your privacy, and it’s inexpensive.”


“Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. No. This house isn’t for the both of us. Nah, it’s for him.” Clifford said, referring to Justin. “You thought we were-”


“Gay?” Justin and T.I. both said, before Justin cracked up with laughter. Clifford shook his head, glaring at the man.


“Oh. So only you are looking for this house to buy?” Mr. Reilly asked.


“No, I’m looking for a house for me and my younger brother.” Justin said, still chuckling.


“Well, okay. So let’s go inside and I’ll show you around.” Mr. Reilly began, as they three men walked in.


~


Justin and Clifford looked around the cabin. In all honesty, it wasn’t a dream house, but it was something Justin wanted so bad. He thought, besides all the errors, it was perfect.


“Shoot. It beats all the apartments I used to live in.” Clifford said, as Justin laughed.


Justin walked over to Mr. Reilly, who was out by the front of the house.


“Are you finished?” Mr. Reilly asked getting up. Justin bobbed his head.


“How much are you expecting for this?” Justin asked, just to make sure.


“It’s $900 a month. The owner said he wants to sell the house immediately. It was only in the papers since yesterday. Do you like what you see? Are you interested in buying this?” Mr. Reilly asked.

Justin thought about it. The price was perfect, it was far away from his father’s house (This is Connecticut, his dad & Vincent live in South Carolina).


“Like I said before, it’s a perfect place to live. Quiet, peaceful, amazing view. There is a school right down here that is one of the best in this state.” Mr. Reilly added.


Clifford stood there behind Justin, slouching down by the front door, looking uncomfortable. He glanced at Justin, seeing if he is going to say anything.


“I think-” Justin began, and he stopped to lick his lips, “I think...I’ll take it.” Justin answered, and Mr. Reilly looked as if he was about to do back flips with excitement.


“Great, why don’t we go over to my office – which is just right down the road to sign the papers, and make sure we have everything.”


~


Justin and Clifford were sitting at the office of Mr. Reilly, waiting for him to come back with the documents for Justin to sign.


“I’m getting a house!” Justin sang to Clifford, feeling really giddy.


“I don’t give a shit.” Clifford sang back before getting a piece of paper from Mr. Reilly’s desk, crumpling it and flicking it at Justin.


“Aw. Someone’s going to miss me.” Justin said, chuckling. Clifford flipped his middle finger at him.


“That’s okay. You know, you can always come over and visit me.” Justin said truthfully. T.I. muttered under his breath, “Like I wanna see your skank ass- want me to drive all the way to fuckin’ Connecticut, nigga please.” And he went back reading his magazine. Justin burst out laughing.


Mr. Reilly came back in his office, with a huge smile on his face and a folder in between his arms. “Mr. Timberlake – I have the pleasure to announce that the house is officially yours.”

Justin felt a rush of happiness soaring through him. He sprang up and then he sat back down, unsure of what to do with himself. Mr. Reilly looked at him strangely, and then started chuckling.

“All you have to do is sign these papers.” Mr. Reilly said, handing Justin a contract. Justin speed-read through it, and he got the pen and signed in several places.

Mr. Reilly took the papers from him after he was done, and he looked through it. “The house is yours Mr. Timberlake.” He repeated, and he shook Justin’s and Clifford’s hand.

“Thanks so much Mr. Reilly.” Justin said, as he gathered his stuff to leave.

“No problem. I’ll make sure to check the house when you move in. Anything you need – just make sure you call me. Also, the landlord will also help you out while your there, his number is also on the card. So you’re all set.” Mr. Reilly said. Justin bobbed his head once more and he and Clifford went out the door.

~


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki