Silent House by Ryder


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



(Author's Note: Hey guys! Just want to say thanks for everyone for reading and reviewing the story! Anyways, I've been a little crazy, changing the title (From Silent House to Dark Corners to Silent House again) and then changing one of the characters (Last chapter was Lloyd Bnaks - now it's Clifford Harris AKA the rapper T.I.) But it's still the same story. Sorry if I confused you. Now back to the story!)


Chapter Five – The Bath Pt. II


Justin sat back in the bathtub, when his head started throbbing with pain. Justin winced, and he tried to ignore it by dunking his head back in the water. It wasn’t getting any better. Suddenly, the water stopped. Justin opened one eye and looked at the pipe. No water was coming out of it. The dials were still set on and warm, but no water came out of it. Justin got up and he inched closer to the pipe.


He started to re-adjust the dials, but nothing happened. No water. Justin was pissed and he got out of the bath tub and grabbed a towel. He began to dry himself, and he walked over to the medicine cabinet and looked for another one of his prescription bottles. He opened up the right one and took out two tablets. He threw his head back and popped the two pills into his mouth. He went over by the sink and turned the faucet on (To Justin’s surprise it worked) and He guzzled water down his throat. Justin then took scoops full of water and washed his face repeatedly.


Unexpectedly, the water in the bath tub turned back on. Justin walked over to it and opened the shower door, and he saw the water pouring out of the pipe. Justin shrugged and pulled off his towel and entered the bath tub once again. The shower door slammed in by itself. This time he turned on the shower pipe, and took a quick shower.


Justin closed his eyes as he felt the water hitting his face and his body. He ducked his head out of the way from the pouring water and opened his eyes, and gasped. Water wasn’t pouring out of the pipe.


Justin backed away from the shower hose and he went over to the dials, trying to turn the water off. Nothing. The red water kept on pouring into the bathtub. Justin looked down at his feet; he was in knee-deep pool of blood. Justin ran over to the shower door and attempted to push it. It wouldn’t budge.


The blood was now pouring in from the shower hose and the water pipe. Justin began beating against the shower door, screaming out for Vincent. He continued to bang against the shower door, trying to rip it off its hinges, but it felt like it was superglued.


“VINCENT!” He yelled out once again, the blood was above his knees now, reaching his upper legs. Justin rushed under the blood pouring from the shower hose and tried to turn the dials once again. This time they didn’t budge.


Justin began to run back over to the shower door when he felt something underneath him that wasn’t the floor. He felt like he stepped on long, stringy hair. Justin didn’t know what he was doing, but next thing he knew he found himself sticking his hand underneath the thick blood, reaching for something underneath it. Then he found it.


He lifted up a handful of it. And he saw it with his own eyes. In between his fingers was long, black, stringy hair. Justin opened his fingers, letting the hair fall back down into the blood. Justin felt frozen. He kneeled back down in the water, his head spinning. And he passed out.


~


“Justin!” Vincent called out to his older brother. Justin opened his eyes. He was in his bedroom, and Vincent was looking down at him. Justin looked over at his body; he was still wearing his clothes.


“Did I fall asleep?” Justin asked, unsure of what just happened.


“Yeah. You went upstairs and you said you were going to take a bath. But you didn’t, I found you yelling out my name upstairs.” Vincent explained his green eyes full of worry.


Justin sighed to himself. He was still shaking about what just happened. It felt so real. He could have sworn that he was just taking a bath that has gone wrong – terribly wrong.


Justin got up from his bed and he walked over to the bathroom, with his younger brother following closely behind him. He looked over at the faucets and turned it on. No water came out of it. Justin shifted over to the bath tub and opened the shower door, and he looked into the bath tub.


It looked normal. Nothing wrong with it. Justin looked over at the faucet for the bath tub. He turned on the dial and water didn’t come out of the faucet either. Justin then saw something that caught his eye, hidden underneath the bath tub faucet.


He stuck his finger underneath the opening of the hose, and he took his finger out. Right there on his finger was blood.


~


Justin dialed the number that was written on the card and waited. He stood there by his counter top, glancing at his watch. He was almost late for picking up Vincent at his afternoon program.


He was driving everywhere today, filling out applications for jobs left and right. As soon as he came home he had to call the landlord for the house about the faucet troubles.


Finally, he picked up. “Hello.” The man on the other line said gruffly, obviously annoyed that someone was calling him.


Justin explained, “Uh..Hello. My name is Justin Timberlake – I’m the owner of the house 6 Rivera Rd. I-”


“Yes. Yes. What do you want?” The landlord interrupted him.


“I’ve been having some troubles with the pipes and the faucets in my bathroom upstairs. No water is coming out of it. I was wondering if you would be able to fix it.” Justin asked cautiously.


There was a moment of silence from the other line of the phone. Justin wondered if he was going to hang up.


“I’m not a plumber. That isn’t my problem. You need to call a-”


“No, but you see, if I do that I have to pay. And Mr. Reilly, the guy that sold me-”


“Yes, I know Mr. Reilly, I’m not stupid.” The landlord spat back bitterly, “I can’t help you with that problem. You need to call a plumber.”


And with that the landlord hanged up the phone.


~


Justin rushed back down the hallway, his cell phone in hand. He looked for the right Room number, and when he found it and walked over to the door. He twisted the door knob and opened the door, and he looked into the room. He immediately saw Vincent, sitting there at his desk at the far right side of the room, drawing.


At the exact moment that Justin opened the door, Vincent looked up and Justin smiled at him.


“Mr. Timberlake?” Said Britney, sitting there by her desk.


“Hi.” Justin whispered, waving and grinning at Britney.


Vincent came up to Justin and hugged him. “Sorry I was late.” Justin whispered to him. Justin looked around the room. There were several kids still there, sitting at there desks quietly.


“Meet me outside. I have to speak to your teacher.” Justin explained to his younger brother. Vincent nodded and he opened the door and walked out.


Justin walked over to Ms. Spears and shook her hand politely. “Mr. Timberlake-“ Britney began, before Justin interrupted her.


“Please, just call me Justin.”


“Justin.” Britney corrected herself, “I’m glad you’re here. I really need to talk to you about Vincent.”


Justin nodded, not liking the sound of her voice. She sounded urgent, as if Vincent had done something wrong. Justin began worrying.


“Yesterday, I asked the class to draw a picture of how they see themselves in the future, say like 5 or 10 years.” Britney began, sounding troubled, “And I collected the pictures today.”


Britney went into her desk and got out a pile of drawings. On top was Vincent’s. Britney placed it on her desk so that Justin could see. Justin looked at it for a long time, looking at every detail, and then he looked over at Britney.


“That’s not the only thing I’m concerned about. Since Vincent has came here last week, he hasn’t really connected with that many kids. He chooses to be by himself. He says he rather be with his imaginary friend-”


“Patrick.” Justin said to himself.


“Yes. Patrick. Well, when I asked about the picture to Vincent, he told me he can’t remember drawing this. He said that Patrick drew it for him.” Britney said slowly.


Justin nodded unsure of what to say. He put down the drawing.


“You can keep that copy if you want.” Britney stated. Justin picked up the drawing again and folded it and put it in his jean pocket.


“Justin – if there’s anything I could help you with, anything, just call me.” Britney said. She gave Justin her card with her phone number on it. “Anything with Vincent, anything with your house, just anything. I would love to help.” Britney said honestly, smiling.


Justin took the card and thanked her. He and Britney got up from their seats. “Well, I better get going. Thanks for everything Britney.” Justin said, shaking her hand again. Britney smiled once more. “Anytime.”


Justin began walking out the classroom, looking at the brightly colored walls and objects that hanged from the ceiling. He walked over to the door and opened it, and was outside of the classroom.


“Well, I’m done Vincent.”


There was nothing but an echo that answered him back. Vincent wasn’t by the door. Justin looked down the both side of the now dark hallways. Vincent was gone.






© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki