Silent House by Ryder


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seven – A Visitor


Justin backed away form the window – his eyes wide with fear. He turned around, facing Vincent, who sat on his bed, looking more scared than ever now seeing Justin’s reaction.

Justin didn’t know what to do. He calmed down for a moment, and then e turned to Vincent. “Stay here.” He whispered to him. Vincent nodded his head and he covered himself under the blankets.

Justin ran over to the bathroom – and opened the bottom cabinet. He found his flashlight, and he went downstairs, turning on all the lights in the process.

Justin walked slowly downstairs, his heartbeat beating fast in his ears. Thump thump. Justin was downstairs now; he decided to go through the backdoor. He walked into the kitchen slowly, turning on his flashlight.

Thump Thump.

A whole bunch of questions were flying inside Justin’s head. ‘Who was that?’ ‘Was it real?’ He couldn’t think straight, he felt scared, sick to his stomach and lightheaded all at the same time.

He slowly walked over to the backdoor, which leads to the backyard where he saw the boy. Justin took a big breath, and edged closer to the door. Thump thump. He put his cold palm on the doorknob. Thump thump. He slowly turns it when suddenly, the doorbell rings.

Justin froze in a panic. He didn’t know anybody in the neighborhood, let alone anyone who would ring his doorbell late at night. Justin walked slowly over to the front door. There were no windows to look outside of, so the only way Justin would know who was at the other side of the door was by opening it.

Justin took a big breath again. He was ready. He put his hand on the doorknob, and he turned it, opening the door.

On the other side of the door was nothing. Justin stood by the doorstep, looking around outside. It was dark, but he was sure if there was anyone there, he would see them. Over by the right were the woods. He squinted his eyes to see if he would see anyone. Nothing.

Justin went back inside and closed the door. He locked it, and began walking up the stairs when the doorbell rang again.

Justin froze. Vincent ran out of his bedroom and onto the balcony, looking down at Justin by the steps.

“Who’s that Justin?” Vincent said, his voice shaking.

Justin didn’t answer. He walked over to the door and opened it. He looked outside, and on the other side of the door was nothing. That’s when Justin heard something by the bushes at the right side of the house.

Justin closed the door. He walked over to the kitchen and pulled out a kitchen knife. He walked back to the front door and opened it.

He walked outside, leaving the front door open. He began walking slowly over to where he heard the noise. His feet touched the grass as he walked closer and closer to the bushes.

His heart was thumping harder than ever. Who was in the bushes? What did he want with him? Justin was 3 feet away from the bushes. Closer. Closer.

Justin adjusted the knife between his hands. He stretched his arm out, making the tip of the blade touch the bushes. ‘On the count of three’, he said to himself.

‘One.’

‘Two.’

“THREE!” He pulled the bushes apart and there in the bushes was the boy, staring up at him. Before Justin could do anything, he heard a scream behind him. Vincent was there, by the front door, pointing at him.

Justin began running toward the door, leaving the knife behind. It felt like it took forever, until his feet hit the pavement and he dived into his house. Justin turned around and made a run for the door. He closed the door and locked it, to make sure the dead didn’t come in.

~

Justin woke up at 12:00 the next morning. He decided to sleep with Vincent in his room, because Vincent couldn’t sleep. Eventually he did, but Justin couldn’t. He stayed up all night, until 6.

Justin got up from his bed and noticed that Vincent wasn’t in his.

“Justin!” Vincent called out.

~

Justin ran downstairs, expecting an emergency.

“The door!”

Justin walked over to the front door and opened it. It was the landlord once again.

“Just came to tell you that I finished on the plumbing problem. It should be working.” He said, talking with the cigarette bouncing form his bottom lip.

Justin nodded, not looking directly in his eyes. Suddenly, Justin heard his cell phone ringing. He ran over to the kitchen counter and grabbed his phone.

“Hello?”

~

“You got the job.” The older lady said.

Justin breathed a huge sigh of relief. This was it. The job is half a block away from Vincent’s school. It’s the Dentist’s office – Justin would now be apart of the staff – working with the files of the patients and scheduling appointments.

“Thank you so much!” Justin smiled at the lady. He shooked her hand.

“You’ll begin –“ She checked the calendar “by Monday. At 8 AM. Then you’ll get your official schedule.”

Justin thanked the lady once again; he walked out of the office, where Vincent was sitting at the holding area, talking to an elderly man. When Justin entered the room, Vincent looked up.

“So?” Vincent asked.

“I got the job!” Justin said, smiling from ear to ear. Vincent ran up to Justin and hugged him.

~

Justin was driving down the pathway leading to their home. They were coming close to the turn when Justin saw a car parked on the driveway.

“De Ja Vu.” Justin said to himself, as he drove up on the driveway and parked his car. He got out and he walked over to it.

There was someone in the front seat, sleeping, and his face away from view. Vincent stood back as Justin edged his hand closer to the window.

Justin rapped his knuckles on the window. That’s when the body turned around, showing his face to Justin.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki