An AutoBiographical, Fantasy Account by Cougarbaby24


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: Just in case: Please note that this story is an original idea. New sit's will arise, and this story is not even close to climax. Keep R&Ring please.


LAURI

Okay, so in case you haven't gotten the clue, the reason why I'm with these guys is some form of counseling thing for kids who've lost someone close to them. It runs for as long as the person (or the person's fam) and the celebs deem it necessary. I'm their roadie, or lost puppy, because I follow them EVERYWHERE, and they have to learn how to handle me. Cool, huh? Uh....sort of.

My mom thought that it'd be a great idea. Me? No. I mean, I love NSYNC, but I didn't want it to be a string of awkwardness.

Which is exactly what this trip is turning into. Now it's my turn to be quiet, as Justin and Lance acompany me to the Sears downstairs. Justin goes off somewhere, and I'm left alone with Lance.

"Hey, thanks for saving my ass back there."

"No problem. I know what that feels like."

"I just....I'm not one to open up. Especially after....what happened."

He noticed my hesitation, and he hugged me. "Don't force it. You can stay as long as you need to, so there's no need to force it. All in time. And remeber, we're not your counselors; we're your friends, with a slight counselor atmosphere and dynamic, which will fade eventually," he added with a smile and chuckle.

My breath hitched in my throat. No one had ever said that. With my family, it was always, "He's in a better place, he'd want you to be happy, you gotta move on, etc." That's why I bottled up, and that's probably the cause of my breakdowns. Lance and I continued walking, and shortly after, we met up with the guys, and went home.
___________________________________________

JUSTIN

I wonder what he said to her?

Don't think I didn't see them talking and hugging. Not that I mind, but I am a curious. I mean, ever since then, she's back at her normal state. Why?

Should I go ask her? Would it be intruisive?

Yes, it would. But I want to talk to her!

"Just go talk to her, if it means that much," says Chris.

"Huh?"

"I know that look."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're curious about why she changed. Justin, just go talk to her if it means that much."

"How'd you know? And anyway, it's not a bad thing."

"He didn't say that. But Lauri didn't tell us, and it really shouldn't matter anyway. So long as she's happy. Besides, you want to get to know her. We all do," said Joey.

"How'd you....?"

"We know you, Justin. But just...be careful," says JC.

"About?"

"About going deeper than you should."

"Are you suggesting that I like her?"

"I don't know. All I can say is, don't overstep. She's in a tough spot already, and she doesn't need anymore stress."

"How am I stressful?"

"I didn't say that!"

"You insinuated....."

"I did nothing of the sort!"

"Yes you did!"

"Oh, whatever, Justin."

"Well, I'm gonna go talk to her."

"Okay, so GO! Don't forget, the group session is at 7:30 and I expect you to be there ON TIME!"

I walk off, hearing JC groan in frustration.
______________________________________________

"What was that about?" asks Lauri, putting a bite of food into her mouth.

"Ah, mini argument over something insignificant."

"What?"

"Nah, it doesn't matter." Apparently, I can't lie well, because she's looking at me with this look that says, 'I don't believe you, but I won't force it.'

"If you say so, Justin."

Changing the subject, I ask her, "Is that the food from today?" She only nods, seeing as how she just took another bite.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Why'd you stop eating earlier?"

Her eyes look at me with a hesitant look. "I just....I dunno."

"Yes you do."

"I dunno...it's an issue of mine....."

"Oh. Why though?"

Now she looks really uncomfortable. "Uh...it's just...J, I really don't want to say unless I have to."

"Lauri, come on....you can talk to me."

"We're not at that level of intimacy yet."

Before I open my mouth and stick my foot in, I stop to consider what she just said. "Okay, I can respect that."

"Maybe another time."

"Just.....promise we'll talk, okay?"

"Not right away, but.....I promise, we'll talk."

And that's good enough for me.
_________________________________________________

LAURI

At around 7:30, JC starts yelling: "Guys! Time for group session!"

I immeadiately go downstairs, knowing that JC is a stickler for being on time. After a second call that went something to the effect of: "GUYS, GET THE F*CK DOWN HERE NOW!" we all went and settled on the floor of the living room.

"Okay," says JC, thumbing through a huge folder. "It says in here that today, we have to discuss your program outlook and we all have an opportunity to talk about our questions and concerns. Who wants to start?"

"I'll start," says Joe. "First of all, I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're all really excited that you're here, especially because we have at least a bit of a history with you. I also want to say that I don't want you to think of me, or any of us, as counselors. Our number one priority is to be your friend and to help you as best we can. Welcome to the family, Lauri."

"Thank you."

"My turn," says JC. "First of all, ditto what Lance said, and I hope that you come to us for anything. We really care about you and whatever you need, you got it."

And so the comments continued, and we finally got to the discussion part of the night.

"Well, my program goal is to get better and to overcome my grief and hopefully build new friendships."

Justin nodded in agreement, as did the others, and JC bought up the one issue I dreaded prompt.

"Guys, what are some of your concerns?"

Lance spoke. "I noticed in the file that you've gone through 3 breakdowns. What I'm worried about is the harm your doing to yourself by bottling your feelings, according to your mom."

"Anyone else?"

"Self confidence," chimed four voices.

This had me a little taken aback. I blushed a DEEP red.

"Hey now," said Joey, noticing that you now couldn't tell the difference between my face and my hair. "It's not something you need to be ashamed of. It's just....something that we'll increase over time. Something we'll solve."

"Like a code," I said


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki