Knight n' Shinin Hogg by Brit


Number of reviews: 19
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The thick stench of sanitation could be smelled the moment they set foot in the dentist's office. Jessica browsed the room.

An old man holding a set of dentures in his palm, a little boy flipping through some magazine called Highlights, and an elderly woman smiling at everyone as she slowly rocked back and forth with her purse in her lap.

Justin cleared his throat. "You need to sign in?" She gave him a brisk nod and sauntered over to window.
 

"Yes.....yes m'am..." A lady with short chestnut hair was sitting behind the counter collecting information from another client over the phone. 'One minute.' She mouthed holding up a finger.

Jessica clasped her hands and waited patiently. Justin grabbed a magazine and found an empty seat. Ridiculous. She thought.

Normally when someone enters a building they remove their hat out of respect and as for the shades well there was no sun in here! Only fluorescence.

He leafed through a month old edition of 'O' and must have seen something gruesome because he quickly slapped the book together and practically tossed it back on the wrack.
           

"Okay Ms. I'm sorry about that now how can I help you." Jessica turned back to the lady who'd finished her conversation.

"Yes.......I have an appointment."

"What time?"

"One."

"Alrighty you just sign here and you can have a seat. Dr. Williams should be with you momentarily."

"Thank you." She scribbled her name across the clipboard and took the empty seat next to Justin. "Hey!" He chirped.

"Did you know that morning glories only bloom in the morning?"

"Yes Justin. Hints the name morning-glory."

"Yeah and they close at night. Oh! And did you know-" She vehemently took the book from his hand and examined the cover.

"You're reading the magic school bus!" She hissed. "And?"

"And why is a 23 year old man reading a child's fictional book?!"

"First of all I'm 24...okay get it straight and second of all don't be acting like you never read the magic school bus."

"Yes! I did when I was a child!"

"Hmm you know maybe you're right.

You do seem a little old to be reading this kind of stuff."

"Precisely."

 "Yeah cause you gotta be what forty? Fifty? Yeah you look like you've sipped tea with the reeper a couple of times."

Her face widened in stupor. "I am 23!" She snapped. "and at least I don't go around reading about magic and school buses! You don't go to school anymore and there is no such thing as magic!"

She crossed her arms and fell back in the seat as her way of sealing the lid on the topic. Justin eyeballed her thoughtfully as she tapped her fingers against her sleeve.

"How do you know?" He finally asserted.

"How do I know what?!"

 "That there's no such thing as magic."

"Because magic is something that adults tell children to brighten their world until they grow up and see that it's all just a hoax."

"A hoax-"

"Yes! Not real! Make believe."

 "Well what about love?"

"What about it?"

"That's magic." She pursed her lips and tapped her fingers again.

"Isn't it?"

Justin urged determined to get an answer. She shook her head and huffed.

"Well seeing as how I'm single I guess I wouldn't know."

Justin gawked at her for a moment and turned back to his book letting the conversation end there.
           

Fifteen minutes went by and two people were called back. Justin tossed another book to the side and asked the old woman to hand him a 'Better Homes and Gardens'.

"Horticulture is kind of interesting." He conveyed "They've got all these weird latin names and-" His eyes rested on Jessica's feet. They were crossed and trembling.

Then he realized it wasn't just her feet. Her legs and arms were shaking too.

"Jess?" She turned to him. "What's wrong with you?" 

"Nothing."

"Are you nervous?" He asked through a lopsided grin.

"I'm not. It's just chillie." That was odd cause he was burning up.

"Well here." He removed the cap and shades and gripped the bottom of his grey shirt. He pulled it up over his head revealing a navy blue tank top.

 "I'm hot anyway." He insisted. The old woman sitting next to him broadened her smile as her eyes roamed up and down his well sculpted arms.

"I think you have a fan." Jessica informed gesturing to the old woman. Justin grinned and gave the old woman a wink sending her into a fit of giggles.

"Actually I have two remember." He smiled arrogantly.

"Give me a break." Jessica mumbled as she took the garment and pulled her arms through. She pushed and pulled battling to get her head through the neck to no avail.

"Quit! You're stretching it!" He chastised.

She ceased her wiggling and he placed his fingers around the collar.

"Alright ready?"

She shook the shirt and muffled a "No."

"Okay then you count to three and then I'll pull it."

"Okay." She agreed.

One-"

With a hard yank her head bobbled around like a doll and she threw him an infuriated look.

"I think you need a comb." He advised gesturing to the tangled mess that was her hair. She ran her fingers through the chaos only straightening a few strands. 
           

A door flew open and she freezed her actions. Some woman in a light blue uniform came stepping through glancing back and forth between her and the elderly lady.

"Mrs. Rose?" She called and Jessica let out a deep sigh of relief. The old woman smiled and gave Justin a timid wave before rushing through the door.

"Hi." Greeted the woman in uniform slightly laughing at the old woman's 'flirtaceous' gesture.

"We have another patinet that we're finishing up right now and then we'll call you on back okay!"

Justin nodded his head and she closed the door behind her.  Oh god. I'm next....I'm next...I'm next.....I'm next. Jessica repeated mentally as she bit down hard on her nails. "Jessica?"

She continued to bite ignoring Justin's summons. "Jessica? You're messing up your manicure." He hectored trying to divert her attention.

She continued to gnaw and he snatched her hand from her mouth. "What?!" She barked. "Excuse you............... I know you better drop the volume." He ordered. " Now what is your problem?"

"Nothing! Can't you just leave me alone! I can bite my nails if I want!"

"The only reason you're chisling your hand off like that is because you're nervous!"

"I told you I'm cold!"

"No you're scared!"

"Of what?! The dentist?!"

"Yes!"

 "I am not! That's immature!"

"Oh really?" He eye'd her cautiously.

"I'm not immature!" She bellowed.

"Fine then you can stay here by yourself!"
           

Just then the door cracked and the little boy reading the magazine earlier came skipping out.

Behind him a different lady with the same blue uniform appeared in the doorway. "Ms. Calton?"

Justin glanced around the room curiously. "Yes that's me." Jessica confessed. "Hi how are you?" Jessica nodded and got to her feet brushing the wrinkles from her shirt.

"Follow me please?" said the lady. Justin got up and headed for the exit.

"Wait where are you going?" She asked in a panic. "I've got stuff to do. I'll be back in about twenty-thirty minutes."

She bit her lip and glanced around helplessly. "B..But I thought you were st..staying."

"No." He replied harshly. "You're a 'big girl' remember."

She frowned and let her eyes drop to the hideous orange carpet. The lady in uniform stood tapping her fingers against the frame of the door.

"Well..." Jess started but the words were caught in her throat.  Thoughts wrestled in her head banging against her cranium dawning a massive headache. She lifted her eyes to the dark shades that clung to his face and moved her lips but no words came out.

He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever." He muttered before exiting the building. 
           

Jessica stood numb just glaring at the exit. She blew it! Because of her stupid pride she had to go back here alone!

The assistant in the door cleared her throat and gestured for her to come. "Okay." Jessica murmured weakly and she followed the woman to the back.

"My name is Linda and you can have a seat right there." Jessica sat in the big leather chair and examined the room. Not much. Just some picutres of elephants and a clown smiling freakishly.

She twisted around in the chair and quivered at all the tools. She couldn't tell what some of them were for but the sharp ends and hooks suggested enough.

"Uhm....excuse me." "Yes?" said Linda politely. "What is it exactly that I'm getting done today?" "Oh well let me check."

She flipped through a folder studying documents. "I believe you're here for a filling." A filling?! And which one of those tools did that involve?!

She'd never admit it but the only time she ever came to the dentist was to get cleanings and even that was a struggle!

In fact when she was thirteen her mother used to take a break from work, come pick her up from school, and drop her off at the dentist reminding her to call when she was out.

If it was something other than a cleaning she'd go into the waiting room, peek out the blinds, and as soon as her mother's little white Toyota Camry had disapeared around the corner she'd take off and spend anywhere from a half an hour to forty five minutes window shopping and wasting quarters in the arcade at the mall not three blocks away.

Then she'd go to the pay phone at the food court and called her mother with a piece of pretzel wedged in her cheek. 'Mom' she'd muffle through the bread. 'I'm ready. Ow It really hurts.'

Then she'd rush back to the dentist's parking lot making sure to be there stroking and holding her cheek, for when her mother arrived with a bottle of pain killers.   
           

But now what was she going to do? Her mother wasn't there. Was she to tell Linda she had to use the bathroom and then strike out for the nearest mall?

Then she'd stuff a piece of pretzel in her mouth, as she'd done so many times before, and pretend it was a thick cotton ball when Justin returned? No! That's ridiculous! She needed to grow up!

The shrill scream of a drill pierced through the air from the other room and she cringed as she fought to knock disturbing thoughts from her head.

I have to get out of here! She thought in agigtation. "Excuse me again but where's your bathroom?"

The assistant scribbled something in the folder and closed it. "It's just down the hall to your right. While you're in there I'll go see if Dr. Williams has finished with his other patient. He should be just about done."

"Okay." Jessica smiled brightly. Sure go ahead see if he's 'just about done.' She wouldn't be here!

She pumped her legs energetically to warm up. She wasn't precisely sure if the local mall was three blocks away but she'd walk to the moon right now if it meant getting away from this place.  
           

Linda hopped up and went down the hall in the opposite direction of the bathroom. It was also in the opposite direction from the exit in the waiting room that was just screaming for Jessica to come. She gripped the armrests and took deep breaths.

Go! Go! Go! She kept pepping like a football player. Suddenly she heard a voice outside in the hall. Oh no! It's too late! She'd waited too long.

"Okay thanks." It was saying. The leather chair was faced to the wall but she could feel someone enter the room.

They didn't say anything but she heard the squeak of chair and assumed it was the dentist at his rolling stool preparing to inflict agonizing pain on her. "Okay look." She tried to speak confidently.

"Can you at least not put the chair ALL the way back? I hate that!" There was silence for a minute before a familiar voice replied "Why are you telling me?

I don't know how to work the thing." She twisted around to see a Justin seated back in a chair next to the wall. "What are you doing here?"  He removed his shades and kicked his legs out to get comfortable.

"The better question is....Calton?"

"Timberlake!" She fired back. He grinned before continuing. "What are you getting done?"

"A filling." She replied suddenly feeling apprehensive once again. "Oh yeah I've had some of those."

"Really? What do they do?"

"Well first they numb you and-"

"Numb me? Like by putting something on my gum?"

"Well they dab something on a q-tip and rub it on your gum."

"Oh." She said with a sigh of relief. "Then they give you a shot and wait for it to-" "A shot!" Justin shifted his eyes.

"Yeah. Don't you know this already? I know you've gotten fillings before."

"No! No I haven't! And I hate needles! I'm not doing this!" 
           

She shuffled around in the chair. "What are you doing?" He asked watching her peel herself from the dentist chair.

 "I can't do this!" "Jessica-" "No move. I wanna go!" She squaked trying to weave around him. "Sit down." He oredered stepping in the way of the door. "Get out of my way!"

"No. If you don't get over this now you never will so sit down."

"And who are you? My father!" He lifted an eyebrow and began to undo his belt. "You wouldn't dare!" She snarled.

"You think I won't?" He said wrapping it around his hands and pulling it taut so it made a nice smack.

"If you touch me I will take you to court!"

"For what? Giving you the woopin your parents never did. As a matter of fact I think that's all you need! A good hind tearin apartsin!"

 "I'm leaving!" She demanded pushing against him. He stood firmly in the door and she ducked and dodged trying to get around him.

"You're not going anywhere." He said almost laughing at her pathetic attempts.

She stood back for a moment pondering a strategy and she got one! She stood back from him a little distance and rushed up to him fully ready to break through.

Unfortuanately she lost her balance and fell into him. He caught her nicely and she bumbled around trying to get to her feet.

She slapped her hands vigorisouly at his chest. "Let me go! I wanna leave!" She cried out planting her feet against the floor and straining her legs til they trembled.

Suddenly a sharp whip struck her backside and her head snapped up to gaze at him in utter shock. "Sit down or you'll get another one!"

"How dare you!" she growled. She was getting out of there no matter what it took so she planted her feet again and prepared for another strain.

"You better not." Justin warned in a low voice. She pushed hard against his chest and he struck her buns with the belt again only this time she didn't even flinch.

"Jessica!" He yelled. "Stop it! You're gonna hurt yourself!" She stamped her feet against the tiles of the floor more determined and eager than ever.

Justin grabbed her hands and forced her back a few steps so they were in the room completely. "Alright you want a showdown!" He challenged. "Bring it!" 
           

She knocked him down in the chair and used every bit of her strength to keep him there.

She climbed on top of him using her weight to help hold him down. His arm flew out and he began whipping her behind repeatedly with his belt. " Ouch!" She wailed. "Stop it!" 

He kept whipping away like there was no tomorrow and she had no choice but to reach back and grab at it. Ha! She thought victoriously.

She had it! But that victory was all too short when he flipped her over so she was the one on the bottom. "Get off of me!" She yelled.

He wrestled her hands and kept her pinned. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" She faked. "You're hurting me. You're hurting, hurt, hurt, pain."

He loosened his grip on her wrists and gazed down at her. Was she faking or was he really hurting her?

She moaned and twisted in the chair wrinkling her face. "What hurts?" He asked. She continued to moan and twist. "Ow, ooooo!" She went on. "What hurts?!" He repeated loudly.

"My wrist, my wrist it hurts." He examined her wrist skeptically.

"There's nothing wrong with your wrist Jessica!"

"Oh but there is!"

"What then?"

"I don't know. You did it! Ooch. I think....I think we should leave. Yes leave immediately. I need ice."

"I'm sure they have ice here somewhere-"

"No! Don't be silly. They don't have ice at the dentist! What do you think this is a Food Lion?" "No. I think this is some bad acting! Now quit it!" 
           

Justin sat back letting a little more of his weight squish her to the seat.

She rubbed her wrist and turned her head with her teeth clamped down on her bottom lip. Her eyes were shut tight as if the pain were just that unbearable. 

After one whole minute of moaning and groaning in 'agony' she finally flickered an eyelash and cracked one eye to see if her performance was convincing.

Instead all she got was a good view of Justin staring down at her whilst shaking his head slowly as if to say 'you sad sad little woman'.

Unfortunately her acting was weak and she quickly dropped the act.

"Alright I'm not hurt now get off me." She strained forward to get up but Justin didn't budge. "Did you hear me I said get off."

"No."

"What?"

He crossed his arms and leaned back adding to the weight on her hips. "Say it."

"Say what?"

"You know."

"What are you talking about?"

"Apologize." She peered up at him for a moment and then let out a laugh. "You're kidding right?"

"No. Say you're sorry."

"I am not apologizing to you!"

"Well that's the only way I'm getting off." She made a grab for the belt and he quickly snatched it out of reach.

He bounced up and down on her waist dangling the belt over her face.

"Ouch! Stop that! Get off!"

"Not til you say sorry!" She grit her teeth and wiggled around failing to free herself.

"You know I like this seat actually." He teased shimmyng around and bouncing a little harder.

"You're softer than my bike!" He grabbed two strands of her hair and held them like bike handles. "Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway! Lookin'for adventure!"

She squirmed beneath him helplessly as he tilted from left to right still holding her hair in his hands.

"Born to be wiiiiild!" he screeched and a purple goop splattered across his face.
           

Jessica grinned as he wiped the mess from his eyes smearing it down his cheeks. "Did you just throw toothpaste at me?"

She giggled at how ridiculous he looked. Not that he ever didn't look ridiculous. He reached for the table behind her and grabbed a small tube.

"Don't!" She shrieked as he dipped his fingers into the purple paste and she struggled against his hands trying her hardest to avoid getting the goop on her.

He pinned her arms to the chair with his knees and just as he was about to return the favor a man appeared in the doorway with a dark blue uniform.

He gawked at their awkward position on the chair and Jessica pushed Justin off immediately. "What is wrong with you!" She scolded. "Don't you know how to behave? This is a public facility!"

Justin glanced between her and the Dentist. Her lips were tight and her arms were tucked firmly one beneath the other. 
           

 "Uh.....is everything alright in here?" The befuddled dentist inquired. Justin scratched his head and turned his gaze to the window as he returned to his chair by the wall.

"Everything is just fine." Jessica replied peering at Justin through slit eyes.

"Very well. Let's get started then shall we."

Dr. Williams shut the door and suddenly the room became very stuffy to Jessica as she felt a bolt of apprehension return to her stomach all over again.
               



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki