A New Life by jcslilangel02


Number of reviews: 22
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Sorry for the delay. And a little note, it was brought up that 1 year olds don't talk..well. Well I realized that myself way after I wrote chapter 5 so I went back and edit that out and wrote around it. Sorry if you find anything else that seems off let me know :)


JC pushed open his front door, tossed his keys on the nearby table next to the door and removed his jacket to hang it on the coat hanger. He heard sounds from the living room and walked into to find his brother watching some show on TV. He quietly took a seat on the couch next to his brother. The sudden movement in the couch caught Tyler's attention that someone else was in the room. He turned his head to find it was only his big brother.

"Hey" Tyler spoke first.

"Hey, where's my baby?" JC asked looking around the living room seeing no trace of his daughter.

"She's upstairs taking a nap, she had a eventful day." Tyler said shaking his head.

"What do you mean eventful?" JC asked leaning back on the couch and getting more comfortable.

"Oh we just stopped by the mall so I could spoil her with gifts. And things were going good until I saw the area where Santa Clause was and thought maybe we could stop by-"

JC laughed cutting him off. "Let me guess she didn't like that?"

"Not one bit. She wouldn't stop crying until we left and she finally fell asleep sometime on the drive back here. Been out since then."

"Man now you got my baby scared of Santa." JC playfully pouted

"Hey I didn't know she wouldn't like it." Tyler defended back.

"Ty she's barely one and you saw her reaction to mom and dad."

"Sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

"So how things go for you today?" Tyler asked changing the subject.

JC perked up ready to explain to his brother his good news he learn that day. "Guess what? I got full custody of Vannah. I couldn't believe it full custody of her."

"That's great I knew things would go well in your favor. So what about Carly? Is she still in the picture?" Tyler asked curious.

"She's allowed to see Vannah but only supervised visits once a week until case is reviewed later on."

"That sucks for her."

"Well it's her problem, she should've thought about her actions and her ways. They all came back around and hurt her chance at custody of Savannah."

"Don't you feel somewhat guilty?"

"Ty, I gave her a chance and she threw that away. Maybe after all this it'll help her get her act together and she take things more seriously."

"Yeah.. hopefully.

"I'm gonna run up and check on her. I just feel like holding her right now" JC smiled.

"I understand." Tyler returned the smile.

JC removed from his spot on the couch and ran up the stairs anxious to hold his little girl. He opened the door to her room quietly stepping inside and shutting the door behind him just incase she was still asleep. He walked over to her crib and leaned over smiling as he watched her roll over her side and open her eyes.

"Is my princess awake?" he reached down, picked her up and walked over to the rocking chair and sat down placing her in his lap.

"You know daddy loves you and am still new to all this but I'll always be here to take care of you no matter what." He placed a kiss on her forehead and watched as she tried to stand up in his lap.

"Your getting so big, if you don't stop growing I'm gonna have to replace all your clothes so soon." He teased and tickled her sides and laughed along with his daughters giggles. He pressed his nose to her little nose. "Your always gonna be my little girl though, won't you?" he whispered. He yawned stretching one of his free arms. "Yep you will." His voice trailed off as he held Savannah to him and his eyes drifted shut.


A hour and a half later JC woke up from his spot frowning not seeing his daughter in his arms any longer. He stood up stretching after sitting in that spot for a while. He walked over to the crib not finding her there either. He stepped out of the room and walked down the stairs and into the living room finding the TV off and no presence of anyone in the room. Light sounds were heard from the other side of the door leading to the kitchen. He walked towards and pushed the door open.

"Aww sweetie do you always have to make such a mess?" Tyler spoke walking over to the sink to wet a wash cloth to clean up the mess his niece was making.

JC watched as Savannah tried to eat, well more make a mess of her dinner with her fingers. She was eating spaghetti and there was noodles and sauce everywhere. From her highchair table to her hands and all over her face.

"Is my baby giving her uncle Tyler a hard time?" He watched as she giggle still playing with her food.

"Oh hey. Didn't hear you come in." Tyler walked back over to his niece and removed her plate and started to clean up the mess.

"Oh I just came to find out where my princess went." JC grabbed him a plate and began to get him a plate full of the evenings meal.

"Oh sorry. You were just sleeping peacefully and didn't want to disturb you so I just took her. And plus you sleep like a rock." Tyler joked.

"I guess I do since I didn't even notice she wasn't in my arms anymore." JC poured him something to drink and took a seat at the table with his dinner. "I didn't realize I was so sleepy."

"Well you were up all night."

"Yeah I couldn't stop thinking about everything." He said before taking a bite full of his food.

"But at least things are looking good now" Tyler said finishing up cleaning up the mess Savannah created. He took her out of her high chair and took a seat at the table adjacent from his brother with his niece on his lap.

"Yeah things are which reminds that I can't thank you enough." JC sat up looking at his brother straight in the eyes.

"For what?" Tyler asked trying to hold Savannah still as she was squirming in his arms.

"For just helping me out with everything. I mean I know you originally came out here to hang and catch up but things changed" JC's eyes drifted away.

"Hey were hanging out now. May not be the things we usually do. And you don't have to thank me. She's now family and I'll do whatever to help because I've grown to love this little girl a lot"

"She's grown on you huh" JC raised a eyebrow and laughed. "I remember you didn't even want to be left a lone with her when you first came over."

"Hey can help it she spread her cute charms on to me. Isn't that right?" Tyler laughed tickling his niece, making her laugh along.

Once Tyler's laughter calmed back down he spoke again. "Her birthday is coming up right?"

JC stopped eating for a second to recall his daughter's birthday. "Yeah I believe so. I think the birth certificate said December 29th."

"You have any plans since that day is coming up really soon?"

"No. I mean I don't know since she does have any other little friends yet. I think maybe just us three can hang out. I think I heard about one of those Disney on Ice shows happening soon. Maybe we can go to that. Think she'll enjoy that, I mean since she's still little?"

"That sounds good. She might not understand but kids love those Disney stuff so yeah."

"Cool, sounds like a plan-" JC was cut off mid sentence from the phone in the kitchen ringing. JC started to get up but Tyler stopped him.

"I'll get it." He got up carrying Savannah in one arm and walked up to the phone and retrieved it.

"Hello"

JC sat and listened to Tyler's side of the conversation

"Um yeah he's here. May I ask whose speaking?"

"Oh. Can you hold for a minute." Tyler pulled the phone from his ear covering the mouth piece and whispering to his brother "Carly".

JC sighed wiping the palms of his hands on his pants and standing up he walked over to his brother taking the phone. He watched his brother whisper and say he'll be in the living room and exit the kitchen leaving JC alone.

"Carly?" JC spoke.

"Hi. JC. Am I calling at a bad time?" Carly responded softly

"Not really. We were just having dinner. Is there something you want?" JC said impatiently wanting the call to be over soon.

"Oh I was just calling to talk about setting up a schedule to visit Savannah. Just so I can have something to give to the social worker to set up my visitation rights."

"I'm surprised you're actually calling about this since for a minute it seems like you didn't care to visit your daughter again." he said in a aggravated tone.

"I made some bad and stupid choices and I'm really trying and hope you give me another chance."

"I don't know it's gonna take a lot to earn my trust again. But let me go get my schedule to see what days are good." JC took the cordless phone and walk downstairs into his small studio picking up his small planner. He flipped through the pages looking over his plans.

"Well Monday I have a meeting and Thursday and Friday I'm schedule to do some photo shoots and Saturday evening I'm attending some event. So so far I'll be home Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday for this week unless anything changes at last minute. "

He heard Carly sigh on the other end. "Is there anything wrong with days for this week?"

"Um just I have to work those days... But I'll work something out and try to switch days with my coworkers. I can tell you later what day will work."

"Alright then." For the next 15 minutes JC ran over some more available times for following weeks so Carly could he have a schedule for now.

Once he hung up the phone, he closed his planner placing it to the side. He sighed finally glad Carly was taking action and getting her priorities straight. He leaned back in his chair thinking maybe things could work out after all.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki