Super Duper Love by katshakesherass


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


The sounds of Joss Stone made Cody Wilshire pause her movements, ‘Super Duper Love’ played overhead as she swallowed the lump that so suddenly formed in her throat. Thoughts of the Christmas she spent with Justin flowed through her mind like a tidal wave and she had to brace herself so she didn’t get nauseous.

“You okay Wilshire?” Richie asked, glancing over the dress he was working on to look at his protégé.

“Yeah, I uh…I’m okay” Cody responded, rubbing the back of her neck to get some kinks out of it. Lately everything she saw reminded her of Justin, everything she heard reminded her of Justin. But that’s how it is when you break up with somebody right? They are all you can think about, all you can feel, all you want, all you need…

“Cody? Earth to Cody!” Richie waved his hand in front of her face, finally making the heiress snap out of her trance. She looked up at him and he just shook his head, scratching a perfectly manicured fingernail into his bleached blonde hair. “I don’t know why you keep fighting yourself about this, go see him”.

“Tyler is out of-“

“Ugh!” Richie groaned, throwing his hands up in the air, “you and I both know that’s not who has you so distracted. I know something was going on between you two when you were working with him. I may be blonde but I’m not stupid sweetheart” Richie flipped his wrist at her playfully. “He’s yummy, and he’s in love with you. Go get him. Go on” he ushered her out of the room, not letting her get back in.

“Can I at least have my purse?” Cody asked, placing her hands on her hips and giving the attitude she was receiving, right back to him.

Richie popped his gum a few times, giving her a look before sighing. “I guess” He handed over the black L.A.M.B. bag. “Now get out” Cody rolled her eyes as he shut the door in her face.

Cody walked out through the store, stopping in her tracks as she Justin walk in. He paused his movements, his face looked weathered and torn, emotional even. “What’s wrong?”

“It got out” Justin breathed out, his voice lowered once she approached him. She reached for his hand, intertwining their fingers and pulling him with her into her back office. She shut the door behind them and situated herself directly in front of him. “It got out, some British tabloid…”

“Who let it out?” Cody asked, she glanced down and realized they were still holding hands. Neither moved to pull away, but Cody started to stroke his hand with her thumb, hoping to relax him a little bit.

“Remember my make up artists’ assistant? The one who was always-“

“Giving me dirty looks? Are you kidding me?” Justin shook his head ‘no’ and Cody sighed, releasing his hand to rest her head down into hers.

“I didn’t want you to find out from somebody else you know? I just…I don’t know what you want to do” Justin explained, his shoulders slumping some as he rest his back against the door.

Cody was quiet for a few moments, her green eyes closed as she inhaled and exhaled slowly. “You’re with Cameron, say it’s just a rumor. You’ve known me since I was born…”

“Is that what you really want?” Justin asked, her eyes still cast down towards the floor. They slowly trailed up from his feet to his eyes; she blinked slowly, almost methodically. “Cause I know that’s not-“

“Cody thank god you’re still here!” Stephanie, one of the receptionists burst into the room, pushing the two exes against one another from the force of the door. “Sorry to interrupt, we need you on the floor. The leopard silk dress is falling apart and the show is in a half hour” Cody nodded, saying she’d be right there. Stephanie glanced at Justin, winked at Cody then disappeared.

“What were you going to say?” Cody asked Justin, looking up at him. Justin thought he saw hope in her eyes, thought he saw the same love he felt for her in her eyes, but no…that was just his mind playing tricks on him. Wasn’t it?

“That it’s not going to die easily, that’s what I was going to say” Cody sighed, dissapointedly and looked away from Justin. “You better get out there…”

“Yeah, it seems like they really need me” Cody replied, slightly bitter. Justin detected her tone, his eyes studying her face.

“Not everyone who needs you can tell you”.

“Well maybe they should” Cody retorted, looking away from him again. “I got to go”.

“Okay” She didn’t move at all so Justin decided to, well, make a move that is, towards her. His arms wrapped around her in a comforting hug, holding her close enough that he could feel her but maintaining enough distance that his heart didn’t start screaming at him to never let go.

“Bye Justin”

“Goodbye


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki