Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Vanessa, Sophie, Mya, Monica and all of my other friends from school were already waiting out the front.

“Oh my god.” Sophie said. “Look at the guy that just got out of that huge stretch limo over there.” Everyone that heard her looked towards the guys that just got out of the limo.

“That guy looks so familiar.” Vanessa said.

“I wonder who he’s here with.” Sophie said, already drooling over him.

They all watched the girl get out of the car. “You have got to be joking, he’s here with Rachael!” Sophie exclaimed, sounding quite shocked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Oh yeah, by the way Rachael, we are gonna escort you inside and then once we know that you are settled in, we are gonna go up to our rooms.”

“Ok, escort away.” I said.

After Justin got out, Chris, JC and Joey followed him. Lance got out of the limo and I took a quick glance and saw that everyone was looking at us. Lance put out his hand and helped me out of the limo. ‘Look at everyone looking at us!’ I thought to myself.

“Don’t pay any attention to it. You are here to have fun with me and everyone else.” Lance reassured me. When he placed right hand on my lower back, he felt that I was tense. “We are all here for you, no matter what happens.” He whispered into my left ear. I then relaxed. The porter shut the door and the limo drove off, only to be replaced by another smaller black limo. Lance took his hand off my back and I linked arms with him. Justin was on my right side and I linked arms with him, while Joey, JC and Chris walked behind us into the lobby. Once inside, we stood in a little circle for a while and talked.

“Look, we better get going because it looks like you guys are heading into the room over there.” Joey said, pointed towards the doors. I turned and saw that everyone was walking inside, but every so often, they would still look at the guys and me. I gave Justin, Joey, JC and Chris a hug. They all told me to have fun.

‘Don’t forget, we are all just upstairs, so come and visit us soon!” Chris said as the guys walked to the elevator.

“Let’s go and join the fun.” Lance said, holding out his right hand. I took his right hand in my left and walked towards the door. We firstly walked over to our table, and I placed my five roses, bag and coat onto the table. We then walked to the photo line. We ended up behind Sophie and her partner Craig.

“Oh god.” I quietly said.

“What?” Lance asked puzzled.

As if on cue, Sophie turned around and looked directly at me. “Oh my god Rachael!” She said, opening her arms and giving me a hug.

“Hey Sophie.” I said. Lance picked up on her name being Sophie and instantly knowing that this was the Sophie that I told him about, who I didn’t like.

She let go and began to introduce her date. “Rachael this is Craig. Craig this is Rachael and I’m sorry, I didn’t catch you name.”

Lance let go of my hand so he could shake hands with Craig. “Lance.” Luckily before anymore could be said. Sophie and Craig were the next ones to go for their photos. Lance then returned his hand and held mine.

“Sorry about that.” I said.

“Hey don’t worry about it. We meet people like that all the time. I’m surprised that she didn’t know who I was.”

“She does, but she just doesn’t want you to know that she knows who you are.” I said.

“Oh, one of those people.” Lance said. Sophie and Craig finished their photos; Lance and I were on next.

“Ok, now young lady stand here.” The photographer said, posing me on the right angle for the camera shot. “And you young man, stand behind her, like that.” Lance stood behind me, like the photographer said. “Now, wrap your arms around her and young lady, place your hands on top of his.”

“I’m guessing you are used to this.” I said as his placed his arms around my waist.

“Oh yeah.” He said. I placed my hands on top of his and waited for the photographer’s next command.

“Okay,” the photographer started, “now, lean back into him and rest your head under his chin.” I did as I was told. “Perfect.” He went over and picked up his camera and held it up to his eye and said. “Okay, 1...2...3!” Flash. I had to blink a few times after the flash. “Ok.” The photographer said.

“Here we go again.” Lance quietly whispered.

“Now we’ll get the young lady to sit down on this stool.” The photographer said in the process of getting a small stool and placing in the place he wanted it to be and I sat down on the stool. I took a quick glance around and saw my other friends in the line and Sophie was still looking at Lance. “Now, if I could get you young man to kneel down on your left knee with your right knee up, on her left side please.” Lance kneeled and we both looked at the photographer, waiting our next command. “Take both of her hands in both of yours, and look up at her, and you look down to him.” Lance took my hands and looked up at me. I looked down and him but not before looking around at everyone again.

He gave a small smile and said, “You are still worried about everyone. Stop it.”

“Sorry.” I said.

“They’re only looking cause they are jealous that I’m here with you and not them.” He said, stroking the back of my hands.

“Even the guys?” I asked. We both laughed and the photographer took the photo while we were laughing.

“Perfect. Now, can we have another, but this time the lovely lady by herself please.”

Lance got up and helped me off the stool. The photographer came and took the stool away. “How many times am I going to have to say, stop worrying about everyone. This is your night and don’t ruin it by worrying about something so small.” Lance then placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my forehead and walked off to the side, opposite to the line.

“Now, if you could stand on an angle, with your left hand over your right and your shoulders facing to the front.” I did as he said, taking a quick glance at Lance, and then focusing on the camera. “Smile!” The photographer said. Flash. “Okay, next!” I walked off over to Lance and the next couple walked on.

Lance took my hand and said, “You stopped worrying yet?”

“Nope.” I said. We walked over to our table and sat down in our designated seats. We were the first ones there. A few seconds later, Vanessa and Joe walked over. They were sitting with us, along with Sophie and Craig, but they were off somewhere else.

“Hey Rachael.” Vanessa said, walking towards me and giving me a hug.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Joe and Lance had introduced themselves to each other. “Hey Vanessa. You look great tonight.”

“Thanks.” She said. She looked over my shoulder at Lance.

“Oh sorry. Vanessa this is Lance, Lance this is Vanessa.” I said, introducing them.

“Hi Vanessa.” Lance said extending his hand.

“H...h...hey.” Vanessa stuttered out and shaking his hand. I knew that Vanessa was just about to explode with excitement. She let go and came back to stand beside me. She kneeled down so she was level with me and said, “You so didn’t tell me you were coming to the prom with Lance Bass! You lucky girl!”

“Yeah well.” I said, not knowing what else to say. Vanessa made her way around to sit down next to Joe. Lance was on my left, then Joe was on his left, and Vanessa on Joe’s left. Luckily, Sophie would be sitting next to Vanessa and Craig was going to be next to me. I looked at Lance and saw his smile at the comment that Vanessa made just before.

“Now everyone, can you please take your seats so we can get started.” Ms Tingle, one of my teachers, said into the microphone. Everyone made their way to their tables and sat down. After a quick hello around our table, Ms Tingle continued. “It’s nice to see you all here tonight. Now you shall be called table by table to go and get your dinner, you can go to the bar to get drinks bought to your table. Now feel free to dance and have fun tonight!” Ms Tingle finished and left the microphone and the music was now pumping through the speakers.

I noticed that Sophie was looking at Lance and myself and I made a small unhappy face, but trying to make it that it wasn’t noticeable. Lance saw this and looked at Sophie she was about to open her mouth, but Lance quickly said, “Rachael, do you wanna dance?”

I looked at Lance and said, “Sure.” I took his hand and he led me to the already crowded dance floor. We made our way to the middle and the song changed from Jennifer Lopez, Play, to Christina Aguilera, I Turn To You. Lance placed his right hand on my lower back and held my right hand is his left hand. I placed my left hand on his shoulders and we swayed back and forth in time with the music. “Thanks for getting me away from her before she opened her big mouth.” I said.

“I saw it in your face. That look you pulled and thought that no one could see it, I saw it, so that’s why I asked you to dance. I knew you wanted to get out of there.”

“Thanks again.”

“Still thinking about it?”

“Nope. I’ve decided that I should spoil a good night about worrying about something so small.”

“Oh and who did you hear that from?” Lance asked, looking like he really wanted to know whom it was.

“Oh, just a small voice in my head.” We both laughed. The song finished and Lance spun me under his left arm. The next song was another slow song. After the first couple of notes, Lance and I both knew what it was. It was God Must Have Spent (*NSYNC). Lance and I looked at each other and smiled again. Lance grabbed my other hand and pulled me into him. He lifted my arms to around his neck and placed his around my waist. As he put his arms around my waist, he pulled me closer so that I was right up next to him. As the first few words of the song came out. Lance sung softly along with them. I rested me head against his chest, listening to his voice and his heartbeat. It was a steady beat and I closed my eyes, breathing in his scent.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki