Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


December 1st, 2001, continuation from the night before.

“Thanks for coming down here.” Lance said once Rachael closed her eyes.

“Hey, no problem. It’s great to finally come here.” JC said, looking at the other sleeping bodies in the room. His eyes finally rested on Rachael’s sleeping figure on his left of Lance. “She’s not like the others is she?”

“I thought she would have been, you know, putting on the act that they aren’t to obsessed and try to get our attention, but, she’s, I dunno, different, I guess.” Lance said, looking to his right at Rachael.

“She is different. And I’ve only known her for like half a day or something. Like with the little party we had after everyone had left, we all just clicked with her and now we act like we’ve known her for all her life.”

“She’s one of us.” Lance said, looking at JC.

“She blends well and she has to come back with us, do you know what she wants to do once she leaves school?”

“Yeah she said that she wants to go to America, to Orlando I think it was.”

“What type of job was she looking for?”

“Well, she didn’t want an office job, she didn’t want a job that she was at the same place day in and day out, she wanted an outdoor type of job, but not too outdoorsy, if you know what I mean.”

“Well, she can come back with us and be on out tour crew. We’re always moving, and it’s sorta and outdoor job considering all the travel we do. I’m sure we can find a job for her doing something.”

“We’ll discuss it with her later. Knowing our luck, Joey would want to check out all the clubs around here, so we better get some sleep.” Lance said, getting more comfortable. He lifted his legs up onto the couch and rested his head on his arm. He re-arranged his body until he was comfortable and closed his eyes.

“It’ll be great having her on board with us, she’s so cool and fun to be with, you know, just the way she acts around us, you know? Am I making sense?” Lance opened his eyes and looked at JC.

“Coming from you C, nothing out of your mouth is sense.” Lance chuckled. “Night.” Lance closed his eyes, resting his head against the arm of the couch.

“Night Lance.” JC said, getting comfortable by swinging his legs over the arm of the chair and resting his head against the back of the chair. Within a few minutes, the room was silent except for the deep breathing from six sleeping bodies.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke later that afternoon and glanced at the clock. It read 3:27pm. “Too early.” I mumbled to myself and went back to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chris was the first to fully awake. When he glanced at the clock it read 3:48pm. He tried getting back to sleep but couldn’t so he decided to go and get showered and changed. Joey was up at 4:00pm. He also left to get showered and changed. Justin finally woke at 4:23pm. He stood and started to walk out, but on his passing of JC’s chair he kicked his toe against it which woke JC up.

“What’s the time?” JC mumbled, watching Justin jump around the room, holding his foot.

“Umm,” Justin said, “4:25pm.”

“Stop hopping around like a dickhead. You’re gonna wake up Lance and Rachael.” JC got up and walked to the door that led to the adjoining room.

“Oh.” Justin said, stopping. He looked at the only two sleeping bodies left in the room, on the couch. Justin snapped out of his daze and followed JC into the adjoining room.

Lance woke and looked over the back of the couch at the clock. 4:45pm. He looked around the room and saw that everyone else was gone. He again had tangled his legs with Rachaels’. He then heard a knock at the door. It was loud enough that Rachael woke up to the sound with a jump.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The sound of the knocking on the door was enough to wake me up with a jump.

“Afternoon.” He said.

I turned my head and looked at him. “Afternoon.” We both heard the knock at the door again. We both got up off the couch and Lance walked to the door while I walked to the kitchen to get myself a drink. I pulled out a glass from the cupboard and poured myself a glass of water.

Lance made his way over to the door, opened it to find Joey standing there, and already decked out in his clubbing gear.

“Hurry up and get changed, we’re going clubbing tonight in three hours.” Joey replied as Chris walked up behind him.

“We gotta check out the clubs down here before we leave.” Chris said, adding to the conversation.

“Okay then, let me go for a shower, get ready and I’ll be right with you.” Lance said, walking back into the room and leaving the door open so that Joey and Chris could come in. Lance then walked into his room to get ready.

“You up for some clubbing tonight?” Joey asked as he leaned on the counter.

“I would love to go but I’m not 18 yet, so there’s a bit of a problem there.” I said, putting my now empty glass into the sink.

“Hey, you’re with us, we’ll get you in with no problems!” Chris said, jumping up and sitting on the counter.

“Okay, how about the fact I ain’t got anything to wear?” I said, crossing my arms over my chest and resting back against the sink.

“Well, we aren’t going out for another three hours, we can go with you back to your place so you can get changed and whatever else you females do and then we can meet up with the other guys back here. How does that sound?” Justin said, walking into the room and only hearing the last sentence I said.

“Okay then, we’ll,” I said, picking up my keys from the table, “who wants to come with me?” All three hands went up in the air. A car ride home with Joey, Chris and Justin. “Okay! Let’s go then!” I said, walking to the door.

Justin quickly scribbled down a note to JC and Lance saying that they had gone back to Rachael’s house so that she could get showered and changed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I showered, changed and was doing my hair when I heard a knock at the door.

“You decent?” I heard from the other side.

“Yeah, it’s open.” I said. Joey then walked through the door, followed by the other two. I was in the middle of doing my hair into my own creation. The professional looking messy bun with a few pieces of hair down beside my face on the left side. I was wearing black pants with red flames up the side of the legs and flaming into the inside of the pant leg, and a black halter neck top which was loose fitting but not to loose, it too with flames up from the bottom to the top.

“Wow.” Joey said when he saw my reflection in the mirror. “You look fab-u-lous!” He said, putting on some really weird voice.

“Yeah right, stop your flattery.” I said with two bobby pins in my mouth. I pushed the last two bobby pins in place, put my hands into the tub of gel on the counter and pushed back through my hair and scrunched up the hair at the back to form the natural curls. “I just gotta get my boots and my jacket and I’ll be ready okay? So you guys can go to the car and I’ll be out soon.” I said to the guys as I walked out of the bathroom and to my bedroom.

“Okay.” The guys said as they walked out of the bathroom and walked out the front door to my car. I put on my boots that reached half way up my calf and my three-quarter length black jacket, went out the door, locked it and walked to the car.

“You aren’t seriously driving in those are you?” Justin asked as he leaned out the front passenger window.

“Yep.” I said, walking to the drivers’ door.

“But they are like killers on the road!” Chris complained as I got into the car.

“Practice makes perfect.” I gave them an evil smile and started the car.

I heard a few mumbles and I heard Justin faintly say, “Oh god.” As I backed down our steep driveway at what must have felt like 50km/h to him, but was only 15km/h.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Okay, let’s see, we pulled a few strings and we’re able to go to ‘B2BRock’ and it’s secure and all that type of crap.” JC said as Justin, Joey, Chris and I walked into Lance’s room.

“Cool, that’s just down on Elizabeth Street.” I said.

The phone in the hotel rang and Joey answered it. “Okay, we got a van waiting for us downstairs, let’s go clubbing!” Joey said excitedly.

“Thank god that Rachael’s not driving!” Chris quietly said, tilting his head back.

“What?” I asked him.

“Nothing.” He replied.

“Hey well at least you are here in one piece, be proud of that!” I said, pointing my finger at Chris.

“What are you two going on about?” JC asked.

“She drove her in those!” Justin butted in, pointing at my high-heeled boots.

“Those things are killers, but hey, as she said, you are here in one piece!” JC said, laughing and walking out the door.

We all filed out the door and to the elevators. Lance leaned closer to me and whispered “You look great tonight.”

“So do you.” I said, complimenting him back. For a guy’s taste in clothing, all five guys knew what style meant in their own way. I always loved what Lance wore, no matter how bad it looked, I thought to myself as the elevator doors opened. We all climbed in and headed to the lobby.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was down on the dance floor dancing with the guys. I really needed a drink, so I yelled out to the guys, “I’M GONNA GET A DRINK!” I said, motioning that I was drinking with my hands. The guys all nodded and kept on dancing. I managed to slowly squeeze my way through the crowd and over to the VIP room. The security guard recognised me, he let me in and I made my way over to the bar. “Hey, can I have a bottle of water please?” I asked the guy at the bar.

“Yeah sure.” He turned and pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge and handed it to me. “Here ya go.” He said, giving a little smile.

“Thanks.” I said, opening the top. Only after a few mouthfuls, three-quarters of the water had gone.

“You must be thirsty.” A voice said from behind me. I turned and saw Justin walking up to the bar. “Water.” He said to the bartender. The bartender handed him a bottle of water and continued to clean the bench. Justin opened the bottle and took one big mouthful. Half of it was gone.

“You must be thirsty.” I said back to him. He stopped drinking and looked at me. He took the bottle from his lips and smiled.

“Oh you are so funny!” He said sarcastically.

“I know.” I replied.

There was a moment of silence before Justin spoke up. “How long have you been dancing for?” He asked, sitting on the stool beside me.

“What makes you think that I’m a dancer?” I questioned him.

“Just by the way you move to the music. You have some real talent, so how long have you been dancing for?”

“This is my ninth year of dancing.”

“Woah.”

“I know, it doesn’t look like I’m a dancer I know, but that’s what I am.”

“What type of dancing have you done?”

“Umm, well, I’ve done jazz for all nine years, tap for eight, ballet for seven and a day lesson in jive, chacha, samba and country. That’s about it.”

“Wow.” Was all that Justin could say. “You gotta teach me some rock’n’roll sometime.”

“I didn’t learn a lot, just a few basic things and that’s it.”

“Yeah but still, I wanna know as much as you do.” Justin said, taking a sip of his water. “Got any awards or something for it?”

“I got first place in a choreographic competition this year and last. Last year was with another four girls from my dancing school and this year was a solo dance.”

“Oh and what did you dance to?” Justin said, motioning to the bartender to get him another bottle of water.

“Don’t laugh at me but last year we did ‘Tell Me, Tell Me Baby’ and this year I did ‘Digital Getdown’.” I looked at Justin’s face and saw the corners of his mouth, fighting back and trying not to smile. “Fine, go ahead and laugh, make fun of me, do whatever you want.”

Justin let his smile go. “I’m not gonna laugh, I just think it’s cute for others to choreograph their own moves to our songs.”

“Yeah sure, you just think that I’m just another one of your crazed fans.”

“No I don’t. You should stop jumping to conclusions.” Justin said.

“I’m gonna go back out to the dance floor and find the guys. You wanna come with me?” I asked Justin. I drank the last mouthful of water and put the empty bottle of water on the bench.

“I’ll join you guys later, I’m just gonna finish this bottle of water.”

“You sure?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I’m sure. You go out and have fun.”

“Okay, see ya later.” I said, walking out of the VIP room and into the crowded main floor. I squeezed my way through the crowd until I found the others. We ended up being the last ones out of the club, practically getting kicked out by the manager.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki