Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


November 19th, 2001.

“Wow, a letter from Australia mate!” Lance tried to say with an Australian accent.

“Hmm, a letter from down under, wonder what it says.” Joey remarked.

“Why so many letters?” Chris complained and threw up a few of the envelopes into the air.

“Because we are loved!” Justin said, emphasising on the loved.

“Oh yeah.” JC said as he opened another letter.

“Look guys, I’m gonna go to bed.” Lance said as he got up, still with the Australian letter in his hand.

“Yeah, bed sounds good.” Joey said as he stretched his arms up into the air.

“Cya guys in the morning.” Lance said as he headed to his bed. He left JC’s room and walked through the connecting door to his room. Lance finally decided to open the letter from Australia and read it before he went to bed. It was marked with AIRMAIL in big red writing. Lance looked at the envelope and saw that it was somehow different. It wasn’t covered in pictures of themselves or stars and scribbles all over it like all the other letters were. This letter was basically vacant, except for the address to them, the AIRMAIL, the stamp and the return address. He opened the envelope and pulled out a white piece of paper folded three times. He unfolded it and started to read.

Dear whoever opens this letter first,
My name is Rachael Valmont and I’m from Brisbane Australia. We have our prom coming up in two weeks on November 30th. My friend and I have made a promise that if either one of us can’t find a partner, we would ask one of either five of you to be our partner. I know that you have a busy schedule and you probably don’t want to go with me anyway, but as I said, it was a promise I’m keeping, but we both didn’t say that you had to come, just for us to ask you. If you are miraculously pondering to come all the way over to Australia just to come with me (my friend already has a partner) I’ll write you back with more details. I’ve also included a photo of myself so you know who’s asking and you won’t get a shock if whoever decides to come. So basically, anyone of you five want to come with me, just write me back and tell me who wants to come with me and I’ll write them back with more details or you can e-mail me if you get a chance at basrra_04@hotmail.com. Remember that you don’t have to come with me, I’m only asking. I’m also sorry about the late notice. You see, I did have a partner, but he got a girlfriend and she’s in the same class as I am and he’s going with her. I’ll say it again; you don’t have to come if you don’t want to. It’s nothing important.
From Rachael.

‘This prom thing sounds fun. I wonder when we are finally getting a day off.” Lance pondered to himself as he looked at the picture of this girl called Rachael.

“Just think, we have a whole month off in one week!” Lance heard faintly through the wall.

‘Bargain!’ Lance exclaimed. ‘Perfect timing, I’ll reply back and tell her I’m going. She looks like a person who would be fun to go with. Stuff sleeping, I gotta reply to her.’ Lance got up of his bed and sat down in front of his laptop that he had set up, which was connected already to the Internet and turned the computer on.

All five guys were staying the night at the hotel. Lance always had a laptop in his room, connected to the Internet so that he could update his website and just surf the net when he was bored. He dialled up the net and looked back at the letter. He logged into his private e-mail account and clicked on compose.

Dear Rachael.
I’ve just received your letter asking one of us guys to come to your prom. I checked our schedule and we are getting the whole month of in one week. So, I was thinking...

As Lance typed the letter, he thought about what was going to happen when he got there. ‘It would be rude of me just to come for the night and then leave the next day. I’ll see what plans the other guys have tomorrow morning.’ He finished writing up the e-mail and sent it. He then shut down the computer, got out of his clothes and into his pyjamas, which was just a pair of track pants. He then pulled the sheets back, climbed in, pulled the covers over him and soon fell asleep, thinking of what this prom was going to be like.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
November 20th, 2001.

“I’m sick and tired of getting so many emails!” I said out loud to no one as I scrolled down the page to find 64 new emails waiting for me since last night. It was currently 7:30pm and I was sitting in front of the computer, drinking a cold milo. I checked and deleted the necessary e-mails. I was in the process of looking through the songs I had on my computer when I received a new e-mail. I looked at it and it was from someone I didn’t know. I opened it and was about to delete it, but something caught my eye, so I read on. I choked on my milo when I read the letter.

Dear Rachael.
I’ve just received your letter asking one of us guys to come to your prom. I checked our schedule and we are getting the whole month of in one week. So, I was thinking, that maybe I would actually spend the whole month with you and get to know you a bit better, so it’s just not like a one night sort of thing. The other thing is that I hope you don’t mind going with me, because that would be the next thing on my mind. But if you want to go with one of the other guys than all you have to do is tell me, okay? Well just e-mail me back with details and then I’ll get back to you.
Take care,
Lance Bass.

‘This is so not happening.’ I said to myself. I decided to e-mail him back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
November 20th, 2001.

Hey Lance,
Wow, I can’t get over it; you actually e-mailed me back and said that you would come with me. I seriously thought that you would have said no as soon as you saw the picture of me. But thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule and come all the way over to Australia to come to my prom with me. I’m really glad that you could come. Look, I would love to go with you. You answered my letter and I should give you the privilege of coming with me for your troubles. I hope you enjoy your stay when you come over to Australia. I hope that this isn’t an inconvenience to you. Please, don’t hesitate to contact me for any more information on anything. My details are below.

Catch ya later,
Rachael

“Wow.” Lance said as he read the e-mail.

“Wow what?” Justin said as he came up behind him to look at the screen.

“Oh, I’m going to Australia in two days hopefully.” Lance said as he shut down his computer.

“Australia? Why Australia?” Justin questioned him as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Well,” Lance started, “I’m going to meet up with a girl and take her to her prom.”

“You sure about that?” Justin said, sitting down on his bed.

“Yeah, why not?” Lance said, getting up and walking over to his desk and picking up his cell phone.

“Well, do you even know this girl? Justin asked as he watched Lance walk around the room, dialling a number he read from a piece of paper.

“I soon will.” Lance said as he then put his focus back to the phone.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki