Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


November 29th, 2001.

I was walking down the stairs when I heard my mobile phone ring in my bedroom. I turned and ran back up the stairs and quickly answered my phone. I looked at the caller ID and I had no idea who it was. “Hello?” I said as I answered the phone.

“Hey, I was wondering if I could talk to Rachael.” The voice said from the other side.

“This is her.”

“Oh hey, it’s Lance Bass here. You sent me a letter asking me to come to your prom with you.”

“Oh hey, how are you?” I said, suddenly realising whom it was exactly on the phone.

“I’m fine, how are you?”

“I’m good.”

“That’s good to hear. I was wondering...” I heard a struggle and few muffled words.

“Spill.” I heard a different voice say.

“What am I spilling?”

“Name, age, where ya from, that sort of stuff.”

“All I’m gonna tell you is that my name is Rachael.”

“What?” The person asked sounding quite shocked.

“Why should I tell you other personal information? I don’t even know you.” I said into the phone.

“You don’t know me, heck, everyone knows me.”

“Well, I hate to burst that alter ego of yours, but I know of you, I don’t know you.” I said, waiting for his response.

“You are probably the first person that has ever said that to the infamous Justin Timberlake.” He said.

“Is that a reason to feel privileged or what?” I asked him, sitting down on my bed.

“Well, to my thought, I’d think you’d have to feel privileged. But I hate to cut our fabulous conversation, short, but Lance is sitting here, looking pretty pissed. So, I guess I will be talking to you later, considering how bigger impact you have on him.”

“What do you mean ““

“I gotta go!” Justin said, cutting me off.

“Sorry about that.” Lance said, “Justin ran across the hall and locked himself in the bathroom. I just picked the lock, I’m really sorry about it.” Lance said.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay, I don’t mind. I sorta made him realise a few things.”

“I won’t even ask.” Lance said. “So...” Lance and I talked for the next ten minutes about the plans for my prom.

“So, the night of the prom is the last day of school for you?” Lance asked me.

“Yep. It’s my last day at school.” I reassured him.

“What have you got planned for when you finish school?” He asked me as he sat on the chair in his room, with the door locked and the others on the other side.

“I’m not too sure; all I know is that I don’t want a continuous office job. I can’t stand going to the same place over and over again. I have always wanted to have a job that was sorta like an outside type of job, if you know what I mean.” I said.

“Yep, I know what you mean. I was sorta like that, so that’s why I became the person who I am today.”

“Look, I better let you go because this phone call is gonna cost you heaps and I don’t mean to trouble you and I’m sure you have a heap to catch up on.”

“No, no, it’s fine. I don’t mind. Trust me; I have heaps of money to pay for this phone call. But if you have to go, you have to go I guess.”

“Thanks for calling, but I do have to get to school. I only have two more weeks of school to go and then I’m free from homework! For a while that is, cause knowing my luck, I’ll get stuck in university or college how you say it.”

“It’ll all be over before you know it.” Lance reassured me.

“I hope so. Look, I have to go now otherwise I’m gonna be late for school. It’s been nice talking to you and Justin. Tell Justin I said bye.”

“It’s been really nice talking to you.” Lance said. “Okay, well, I better let you get to school, have fun today!” Lance said sarcastically.

“Will do!” I sarcastically said back. “See ya later Lance.”

“Take care Rachael, bye.”

“Bye.” I said, and hung up the phone. I got off my bed and walked back down the stairs to my bathroom to have a shower. Twenty minutes later, I was showered, dressed, had breakfast and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my car keys and headed out to my car in the garage. I unlocked my silver Mercedes M-Class, and drove off to school.

As I pulled into the street that the school was in, I looked for a place to park my car. I eventually found a spot under a tree and parked my car there for the day. I got my things and slowly made my way into the schools grounds. I still couldn’t believe that I had actually talked to Lance Bass and Justin Timberlake on the phone this morning. I knew for a fact that I was going to be in a daze all day.

I made it through the first two lessons and morning tea okay and in third and fourth I had a double spare. ‘Great! Nothing to do for the next hour and forty minutes.’ I thought to myself. As I made my way down to the senior garden that my multi-strand science class had redone as a class project, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked around and saw no one else around, so I put my books down on the table and pulled out my phone. I had received a message. I opened it and started reading.

Hey baby girl, you are still in school! Sucker. Yeah, it’s me Justin, just checking up on ya just to make sure that you know that Lance hasn’t killed me and I’m still alive. So, whatcha doing? Must be more exciting than what I’m doing. “ J

“Oh my god.” I said out loud. I decided to message him back with my answers.

Hey J, I think you meant to say that Lance hasn’t killed you... yet. LOL, anyway, I’m just sitting here, trying to pass the next hour and 30mins of spare time on my hands. Do I even want to know what you are doing? “ Rachael

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Whoa.” Justin said, as he felt his phone vibrate in his back jean pocket. He was sitting on the couch in Lance’s living room, flicking through the channels on TV, trying to find something to watch.

“Woah what?” Joey asked as he came out of the kitchen with two cokes, one for him and one for Justin.

“I just got a message.”

“Well, you gonna tell me what it says?”

“Fine. It says, ‘Hey J I think-‘”

“Oh, someone is on a nickname basis with the almighty Justin Randall Timberlake!” Joey said as he handed Justin a can of coke.

“Shut up Joey! Well, do you wanna know what else she says or not?” Justin asked him.

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“’Hey Jus, I think you meant to say that Lance hasn’t killed you yet. LOL, anyway, I’m just sitting here, trying to pass the next hour and 30mins of spare time on my hands. Do I even want to know what you are doing?’ And that’s from Rachael.” Justin said, taking a sip of his coke.

“Umm, Rachael who?” Joey asked.

“I talked to her this morning but all I know is that her name is Rachael and she’s still in school. I’m gonna find out some more!” Justin said as he dialled Rachael’s number in his phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My phone vibrated across the table as it rang. I picked it up and saw that the ID said Justin, which I had just put into my phone.

“Justin?” I asked curiously.

“Hey baby girl, what’s up?”

“I’m fine. How are you?” I asked him. I looked around to double check that I was the only one there.

“I’m great, bored out of my brains but great.” He said as he looked at Joey looking at him back. He then put his mobile phone on speaker so that Joey could hear the conversation.

“I know how you feel; I have nothing to do for the next hour and ten minutes.” I said, leaning against the back of the chair and placing my legs up on the table, tucking my skirt into my legs.

“Oh you poor thing. Now, if your wondering why I’m calling, which I actually shouldn’t because I’m the world famous Justin Timberlake-“

“I swear one day your head is going to get to big for you body and you’ll be dragging your head on the floor and not your arse.” I said.

“Oh man, I love her already, you’re good!” Joey yelled out and got up and jumped around.

“Um, okay and who are you?” I asked him.

“The one and only Joey Fatone.” He said.

“Oh hey Joey, how are you?”

“I’m on top of the world after that comment!”

“Joey, can it.” I heard Justin say.

“Gees, sorry.” Joey said as he sat back down on the couch.

“Now I have to ask you guys, why are you calling me while I’m at school?” I asked them.

“Well you said that you had over an hour to kill so we decided to ring you and find out who you are.” Justin said, getting more comfortable on the couch.

“Okay, fine, I’ll tell you this time. What do you guys wanna know about me?” I said as I put my legs back to the floor, stretched them out and crossed my ankles.

“Name, age and date of birth to start off with please.” Justin said in a weird tone like those cops in movies do.

“Rachael Valmont, 17, 27th of August, 1984. Next question.” I said.

“Umm, you got a car?” Justin asked.

“Yep.”

“What type?” Joey asked.

“A silver Mercedes M-Class.” I replied.

“Hmm, good choice in cars.” Justin said.

“What city you live in?” Joey asked.

“Well, I sorta live in Brisbane, but not technically.” I said.

“Oh okay. Can you think of any more questions?” I heard Justin ask Joey.

“Boyfriend?” Joey asked.

“Nope. Anymore?” I answered.

“Nope, but can I talk to her?” Joey asked Justin.

“Fine. But make sure Lance doesn’t find out you are talking to her okay, he’ll go rank!” Justin said, turning it off speakerphone and chucked the phone to Joey.

“So you’re the infamous Rachael I’ve heard about.” Joey said as he made his way to the back yard.

“Yeah that would be me.” I said, pulling out my school diary.

“So why is Lance going to Australia?”

“Well, I sent him a letter, and he replied to my question.”

“And that question would be?” Joey asked me as he sat down on the lounge chair in the pool area.

“Just to come to my prom with me in two weeks, well actually next week. Is that okay with you?”

“Well, why did you ask him and not me?”

“It was all done by chance. In the letter I said, whoever opens this letter, and he just happened to open the letter.”

“Oh okay, cool.” We talked for the next fifteen minutes about everything and anything.

“Sorry to cut this short, but I have to go cause I think Lance just came home. I’ll talk to you later baby g.”

“Catch ya later Joe.” I hung up me mobile and set it down on the table next to me.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki