Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Ring Ring

Lance put the pasta bake into the oven and then walked to the ringing phone. It was Rachael’s’ mobile. “Hello?” Lance asked into the phone.

“Umm hi, I was wondering if Rachael was there?” A girl on the other end asked.

“Ah, no she’s not. Can I take a message?”

“Na, na, it’s cool. Don’t worry about it.”

“Okay then.”

“Okay, bye.” The girl said, hanging up the phone.

“That was odd.” Lance said, looking at the phone.

“What was odd?” I said, as I walked in the room with the green box in my hands.

“I hope you didn’t mind, but your phone rang so I answered it, and it was a girl, but she didn’t leave a message.”

“Oh na, it’s cool. I don’t mind. It was probably one of my friends asking if I wanted to go out crusin with them and be the driver. That’s probably all.” I said as I set the box down in the fridge.

“Can I look at it?” Lance asked as he checked the chicken in the frying pan. I pulled the box out of the fridge and opened it and showed Lance. “Looks yum.”

“Looks yum and tastes yum too.” I said, closing the lid and placing it back in the fridge. “So what’s for dinner?” I asked him, sitting at the bench as I watched him work busily around the kitchen.

“Seasoned chicken with a garden salad and a pasta bake with pavlova for dessert. Sound good?” He said, pulling the pasta out of the oven.

“Definitely.” I said. “What’s to drink?”

“Let’s see.” He said, walking to the fridge. “Soft drink, orange juice, beer, stolli’s, bacardi, rum and coke and some more.”

“Umm, I’ll settle with a strawberry bacardi for the moment.” He reached in and pulled out a beer for himself and a strawberry bacardi for myself. He opened it and handed it to me. “Thanks.”

He opened his, took a mouthful and placed it down on the bench. He reached into the cupboard and pulled out two plates, opened the draw and pulled out two sets of utensils. He served up dinner and handed a plate to me. “Let’s eat outside.” He said, picking up his beer and walking over to the balcony.

Two stollis later for myself, two beers for Lance, we had just finished the dessert. “That was a delicious dessert. Good choice.” He said, taking a sip of his third beer.

“No problem.” I said. I silence soon fell over us. I drank some more of my first bottle of beer for the night.

“Wow.” Lance said, breaking the awkward silence. “Look at this view.” He drank some more.

“I know. It’s beautiful, but I don’t get to see it that often.”

“Oh, why’s that.” He said looking at me. I still kept my gaze on the bright city lights.

“Cause I live out of town, but not too far. But according to everyone, I live in the sticks. I can see the city, but it looks like a haze of lights. But at least I can see the stars.”

“I know, you’re eating dinner with one of them right now.” He joked.

I hit him playfully in the arm. “Singing slash acting star yes, but I’m not eating dinner with alpha centura am I now?”

“Well...okay, no then.” He said. I got up and headed back inside with my plates and placed then in the sink. Lance followed and placed his on top of mine. “Since it cold out, we’ll stay in and talk for a bit.” He said, placing his now empty bottle of beer on the counter.

“Sounds good to me.” I said. I drank the rest of my beer, walked over to the fridge and pulled out another stolli. “Drink?” I asked him.

“Uh, yeah, I’ll have a rum and coke, it’s at the back there.” He said walking over to the couch. He remained standing and flick through a couple of channels. I walked over to him and handed him his drink. “Thanks.” He said. I then sat down on the couch and he sat next to me. “Tell me a bit about yourself, other than what you have already told me.” He said, turning side on to face me.

“Well,” I started. I sat there, the alcohol taking over me. I had no control over what came out of my mouth as I told him my whole life story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You mean to tell me that a person like you has never had a boyfriend and you haven’t even had your first kiss?” He asked.

“Yeah, something like that. I mean, who would want to go out with a person like me? Look at me; I’m not the first pick for a lot of guys, obviously.” I said, taking a drink of my fifth bacardi.

“And you’re home most of the time by yourself or if not you then it’s just your parents and yourself.”

“Yeah, my brother is out most of the time, but if he is home then he usually has a mate over or we have like a family friend dinner so that’s about another 4 or more people at the house. But yeah, most of the time it’s just me.”

“I’m sure once you finish school, you’ll see more of your family.” He said, taking a sip of his second bourbon and coke.

“Na, as soon as I finish school, I’m packing my bags and going to America. I’ve always wanted to go to either Orlando or some place like that. I want to go and see my first white Christmas and go shopping too!”

“Why Orlando?”

“I dunno, none of the other places interest me...oh and because I also wanna go to Disney World!” I said, then I cracked up laughing. The alcohol was really taking control. Lance also laughed with me.

“Well, if you do come to Orlando, I’ll have to show you around.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s see what movies are on.” Lance picked up the remote and flicked through the channels. We came across Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. We watched it, but about a quarter of the way through, I rested my head on the back of the couch and feel into a deep sleep. Lance soon fell asleep leaving the television still on.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki