Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Saturday 27th, 2001.

“Oh my head.” I said pushing myself up with me right hand and holding onto my head with my left hand. My feet were intertwined with Lance’s. “We must have done that while we slept.” I said, quietly, trying not to wake up Lance. I carefully manoeuvred my feet out of the entanglement and onto the floor. I glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it was only eleven o’clock. I made my way over to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. After my third glass of water, I needed to go to the bathroom. Lance was still sleeping on the couch. I made my way into his room and walked across the cream carpeted floor and over to his bathroom. After I went, I fixed upped my hair as much as I could, splashed some water on my face and adjusted my clothes. I walked out of the bathroom and made my way out to the main living area. Lance was still sleeping like a log. I then heard a faint mobile ringing from Lance’s room. I walked in and followed the sound and saw his mobile, flashing and vibrating on the bedside table. I walked over and answered it, making sure it didn’t wake Lance. “Hello?” I asked once I answered it.

“Hi, I was wondering...wait, who’s this?” The male voice asked.

“This is Rachael, who are you?” I asked, checking on Lance, but he hadn’t moved a muscle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Rachael...Rachael who?” JC asked into the phone. Justin caught up on the word Rachael and jumped over the couch and took the phone of JC.

“Baby girl! How are ya?” Justin asked excitedly while JC just sat there and looked at Justin with a confused look on his face.

“Hey Justin, what’s up?” I asked him as I sat down at the counter, watching Lance, just incase I was talking too loud.

“Nothing much.”

“I gotta question, who was that before on the phone?”

“Him? Oh that was only JC.”

“Justin, who are you talking to?” JC asked, sounding really confused.

“Rachael.” Justin replied to JC as he walked across the room.

“Well what’s she doing with Lance’s phone?” JC asked, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

“You see she’s...hang on...Rachael?” Justin said firstly to JC then me.

“Yeah.” I replied, walking to the kitchen to pour myself another glass of water.

“What are you doing with Lance’s phone, apart from the obvious, talking to me?” Justin said as he walked to the kitchen to see JC opening a can of coke.

“Well, he’s asleep on the couch and I was up, so I answered the phone.”

“Umm, okay then, but I gotta ask, why is Lance sleeping on the couch?” Justin asked, grabbing a can of coke for himself. Justin then put the phone on speaker, so that JC could hear what I was gonna say.

JC picked up on the words, ‘Why is Lance sleeping on the couch’, so he looked at Justin and mouthed ‘couch’ to him. Justin stood there and nodded his head as if to say, ‘yep, that’s what I said.’

“Well,” I started, “he invited me for dinner cause we had spent the whole afternoon together...”

“What did you do?” Justin asked, interrupting me.

“We did a bit of shopping for clothes, electronics and food, that’s all. So I rang my parents to let them now where I was cause the time we finished it was about 7:30 or something, and my parents were going out and my brother wasn’t home, so mum told me to find my own dinner. But then Lance invited me to the hotel and he said that he would cook dinner for me, in a way to say thank you for picking him up from the airport and going shopping with him. With dinner, we drank a few bottles of stuff...”

“Like how many is a few?” JC said, finally speaking up.

“Well hello JC, anyway, about two or so...” I said, fading my voice out.

“Baby girl, how many?” Justin asked as Joey walked into the room.

“Well, let’s see what’s on the bench here. Well, who’s do you want to know first?” I asked them as I gathered the rest of the bottles off the coffee table and placed them on the sink.

“Hey Baby g.” Joey said as he wandered to the fridge and pulled out a coke.

“Before I go any further, anyone else gonna walk in on our conversation?” I asked the guys as I sorted the bottles to what I drank and what Lance drank.

Then as if by cue, Chris walked into the room and saw three faces staring at him. “Just one.” JC said. “Chris.” He finished.

“Hey Chris, well anyway,” I said quickly.

Chris just softly said “Hey.” As he looked at the others starring at him. He starred back with a more confusing face.

“Let’s see you want mine first okay well, I drank ten and Lance drank ten.” I said.

“Ten of what?” Chris asked, not fully picking up the conversation.

“Well, I had five bacardis, three beers and two stollis. Lance had four beers, three rum and cokes and three bourbon and cokes.” I said, amazed at how much we drank last night.

“You hung over?” Justin asked.

“Not really, I’ve been trying to get most of the alcohol out of me. But I think Lance may be a little bit because he still hasn’t moved or woken up at least.” I looked at him and he started to stir. “Umm, hang on, his moving now.” I saw Lance roll off the couch and landed to the floor with a thud. I cracked up laughing.

“What? What’s so funny?” Joey asked, curious of why I was laughing.

I heard Lance groan as he tried to move on the floor. “That really hurt.” He mumbled.

“Let’s just say he started the day with a thump.” I said, making my way over to him.

“Huh?” JC asked, not quite under standing.

“Lance just rolled off the couch, and he is now lying on the ground in a heap.” I put out my hand for Lance to take.

He grabbed my hand and said, “Thanks.”

“Okay,” I said, “here’s Lance.” I handed him the phone.

“J? Hey buddy.” Lance said.

“No, Lance, it’s all of us.” Chris said, taking a seat next to Justin on the counter.

“Oh hey guys.” I grabbed his hand and he helped me up. I let go of his hand and walked to the kitchen. Meanwhile, the guys were rambling on about something in Lance’s ear, but he tuned out in the process. “Huh? What did you guys say, sorry, I missed it.” Lance walked over to his room and shut the door.

I made some pancakes to have as a sorta breakfast/brunch/lunch thing, considering the time now was twelve forty-five. I used the ‘Just Add Water’ mix and made a few for me and a few for Lance. I then heard the water being turned on in the shower. I served up my own and left Lance’s in the pan on a very low heat, just to keep then warm until he came out. When I was finished, Lance was still in the shower, so I decided to go home and have a shower and leave Lance in peace for a while. I wrote him a note, telling him that I had gone home, left my mobile number, gathered my things and left.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki