Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I got out of the shower, got changed into my jeans and a white top and in the process of brushing my hair when my mobile rang. “Hello?”

“Do you always leave without arranging to do something with me today? That’s not a nice way to treat a guest.” I figured from the voice that it was Lance.

“Well hello to you too.” I said sarcastically. “What do you want to do today?” I said as I put my mobile on speaker so that I could finish creating my messy bun.

“I do have to get my suit sometime between now and prom, so how about you take me to the suit shops around here.”

“Okay...I guess. What time do you want me to pick you at?” I asked him as I put on my black boots.

“Well how long is it going to take you to finish getting ready?”

“How’d you know I was getting ready?” I asked him, staring at the phone.

“Well, apart from the fact I heard what sounded like a brush hit the table and what sounded like two zips, I assumed you were getting ready. It was a good guess wasn’t it!”

“Yes it was. Well I’m finished now so I’ll leave here now and come and pick you up. Does that sound alright to you?” I asked him as I picked up my keys, sunnies and purse from my desk in my bedroom.

“Yeah, that sounds fine by me. See ya soon.”

“See ya.” I hung up my phone and walked into the kitchen where my parents were. “Hey, I’m just going into town to pick Lance up cause we are going to go suit fitting for him. I’ll be back later. Catch me on my mobile if you need me!” I said as I walked out the front door. I walked over to the far part of the driveway where I parked my car. I climbed in, put my phone in the cradle, turned the ignition and backed down the driveway. I wasn’t even at the end of my street when my phone rang. “Hello.”

“Hey babygirl!” I hear a very excited Justin say over the phone. “What’s the latest?”

“Hey Jus. I’m on my way over to pick Lance up and go out shopping for his suit.” I said as I turned onto the main road into town.

“What colour?”

“I dunno, what colour do you want him in? I’m only guessing, but I know that you have something up your sleeve.” I said.

“Well...” Justin said as his voice trailed off.

“And no, he is not going to wear pink.”

“Well, in that case...what colour is your dress.”

“Blue and yellow.”

“That’s perfect!” He suddenly said out loud. “Put him in a yellow or blue suit!”

“I’ll have to see okay?” I said, turning down a street.

“I do have one favour to ask though.” Justin said with some seriousness in his voice.

“Ask away.”

“Don’t go ape over it.”

“Ape?” I questioned him.

“Yeah, I mean, don’t go and write up a big story about it, or send a video tape to some television station or pictures on the web, if you know what I mean.”

“It’s cool Jus, I wasn’t planning on doing anything of that sort anyway. I just want Lance to have a fun time that’s all. He would then go back home and think what a good time he had here.”

“That’s good. As I was sayi...” I heard some noises in the background and what sounded to be like a fight for the phone, and then got greeted by a voice.

“Hey Baby G!”

“Hey Joe, how are you?”

“Perfect now that I’ve heard your sweet voice.”

“Please, don’t flatter yourself.” I said, turning into the carpark of Lance’s hotel.

“Fine then.” Joey said, trying to sound hurt.

“Sorry Joe, but the whole sympathy act doesn’t work with me.” I parked the car, pulled it out of the cradle and held it up to my ear as I walked to the elevator.

“A guy can try can’t he?”

“He can, but if he tries to hard, his head shall get to big.” Joey was silent for a bit. “Stop checking your head Joe, it’ll only get bigger if you keep staring into that mirror.”

“How’d you...but I thought...oh nevermind. So what are you doing now?”

“Now?” I asked. “Well, I’m in an elevator and about to get off at Lance’s floor.” I said as I watched the numbers go up on the screen.

“Okay and then what?” He asked.

“And then I’m going to walk down the hall and knock on his door. If that’s alright with you.” I said. The elevator slowed down and dinged as the doors open.

“And now on this floor we have the infamous Lance Bass *NSYNC staying in one of these rooms.” Joey said in a girlie voice.


“2902.” I said as I walked down the hall.

“Oh my god! Room 2902! Lance is in 2902!” Joey said, also in a girlie voice and then let out a high pitched scream.

I held the phone away from my ear for a moment and then returned it back and spoke. “Joey.” I said slowly.

“Yes.” He replied slowly back.

“Are you finished?” I asked him, knocking on Lance’s door.

“Hang on, let me check.” There was silence for a few seconds and then Joey started to scream and whistle. Silence again. “Yeah, I’m finished now.”

‘That’s good.” The door opened up in front of me and there was lance wearing a white no sleeved top with a star on the front, a pair of long black pants with what looked like he just spilt paint down the front of them, a black pair of sneakers, light brown glasses and his hair looked like he just woke up out of bed but it made his look even more cuter.

“Hey.” Lance finally said, snapping me out of my deep thought.

“Somebody talk to me.” Joey said impatiently on the other end of the phone.

“Hey Lance, yes Joe?” I asked him. “Here, talk to Lance for a bit.” I said, handing Lance the phone. “Joey.” I told him.

“Hey Joe.” Lance said. I moved out of the way and Lance stepped into the hallway, shutting the door behind him. “Uh huh.” I heard Lance say as we walked to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited while Lance talked. Some of the things that he said sounded like he was really over the moon about something. Finally, the doors opened and we stepped in. I pressed the P4 button (parking level 4) and the elevator went to its destination. “Look Joe, I gotta go. Talk to you guys later...yep bye.” Lance hung up the phone and handed it to me. “Sorry about that.” He said apologising for nothing really.

“Don’t sweat it.” The doors opened and Lance followed me to my car. “Let’s go find you a suit.” I said as we pulled out onto the main road.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki