Prom Partner by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


November 30th, 2001.
It was now the day of my prom. I had woken up about twenty minutes ago, and I was downstairs, eating my breakfast. The school had given all the grade twelve’s the day off, because if they didn’t, no one would turn up anyway. I sat there, in my mind, going through the events of today.

10:00am Hair
3:00pm Make-up
4:00pm Nails
5:00pm Lance picks me up

I still couldn’t get over the fact that Lance Bass of *NSYNC was actually going to be my partner. I glanced at the clock, noticing that it was already 9:15am. I quickly got up, put my bowl and cup into the sink, showered and got into a pair of jeans, sneakers and a button up shirt. I had to choose the button up shirt, knowing that it was the only type of shirt I would be able to get off my head without mucking up my hair. I grabbed my keys, purse, mobile and sunnies, and drove off to the hairdressers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lance is picking me up in ten minutes. I had only just got home and decided to put on my shoes first and then my dress. I put on my silver strappy silver high-heeled shoes. I opened up my cupboards and pulled out my blue satin-like full-length dress. It was sleeveless, and square cut at the top. It was fitted to the waist and then fluffed out to the floor. The dress made me look smaller in the stomach, which I really liked. I undid the zip and stepped into the dress, making sure I wasn’t standing on the dress at the same time. I did the zip up and did a turn in the full-length mirror in my room, making sure it fell right. I then pulled out my coat. It was yellow on top and blue on the inside. It was more like little red riding hood’s coat, but mine was yellow and blue. I double-checked my hair. My dirty blonde hair was in a French twist that curled at the top. I had a few pieces of hair on the left side of my face, which naturally curled at the bottom. I had placed a white silk rose in the twist, which sat perfectly. I had a silver diamond tiara that was my own design that I had especially made for me. I took one final look in the mirror before I headed downstairs. I heard the doorbell ring, so I picked up my bag and headed downstairs and opened the door. Lance’s back was to the door, but turned around as soon as I opened the door.

“Hey Lance.” I said.

“Wow...you look amazing.” Lance replied, looking me up and down.

“You’re just saying that.” I replied. I stepped out of the door and let him inside.

Once he was inside, he handed me my corsage. It consisted of small white roses and baby’s breath. “Let me put it on for you.” He said. While he placed in on my right wrist, I admired what he was wearing. At first it took me by surprise, but then it came to mind that it really suited him. He was wearing a full-length bright yellow jacket, yellow pants, with a black button up shirt and a blue tie, with black shoes. His hair was neatly spiked which I thought to myself that he had spent a lot of time on it. He was also wearing a pair of blue tinted glasses.

“You look amazing yourself.” I said, once he finished putting my corsage on.

He did a little turn and said, “You like?”

“No, I love it. You really didn’t have to come out here just to pick me up. I could meet you there considering it’s at your hotel.”

“No, no, no. I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I didn’t come and pick you up.”

My mum then came out with her camera, ready to take pictures. “So you’re the boy that’s taking my little girl to her prom?” Mum said to Lance.

“Lance this is my mum, mum, this is Lance.” I said, introducing him.

“Hi and yes I am the boy that’s taking your daughter.” Lance said, shaking her hand.

“Let me take a few pictures of you both.” My mum said, bringing the camera up to her eye. Lance wrapped his left arm around my waist and I wrapped my left arm around his waist and we posed for a few pictures.

“Well, we better be going, otherwise we’ll be late.” Lance said. “It was nice meeting you.” Shaking my mothers’ hand again.

“Have fun you two!” My mother called out from the door as we made our way to the white stretch limo that was parked in my driveway.

Lance opened the door and extended his hand to help me into the limo. “After you.” Lance said.

I held his hand and carefully got in, sliding across the seat to the other side. He got in and closed the door. The car drove down my driveway and turned, and headed to our destination “ the Sofitel. When I finally looked up, I noticed another four people in the limo, facing Lance and myself.

“What the?” I quietly said.

“Now, do you think that we would let you go out with our Lance and not see you off?” Justin said, with a huge grin on my face.

I felt my whole face blush. “But I thought...when did you guys get in?” I asked them.

“Umm...” Chris started, looking at his watch, “about two hours ago.”

“You all didn’t have to come out to Australia.” I said, looking at the five grinning faces.

“Yes we did. We had to see who Lance was going with, now we have and we all approve!” JC said.

“Oh and this is for you.” Joey said, opening up a cabinet and pulled out a small box. He handed the small blue box to me.

I reached over and held the box in my right hand. I opened the box to reveal a silver bracelet with *NSYNC in diamonds across it. “Oh my god...you guys didn’t have to!” I said.

“Sure we did. We wanted to all go with you, but you are only allowed one partner so if you wear this, we are all still with you.” JC said. “Here, let me put it on for you.” I held out my left wrist and he carefully placed it on and hooked it together.

“And I have another gift for you.” Lance reached into a different cabinet on his side of the car in front of his right knee and pulled out a long box. He handed the box to me. I opened up the long box and inside was a silver necklace with a silver diamond cross. “Don’t worry, it’s pure silver.”

“You guys have to stop before I cry and ruin my make-up before I even get there.” I said, feeling the water well up in my eyes. Chris handed me a tissue from the tissue box in the limo and I dabbed my eyes, being careful not to smudge my make-up.

Lance took the box from my hands, removed the necklace and placed it around my neck and did the clasp up at the back.

“Please don’t cry because we have one more thing.” Justin said.

“Oh god I said.” Each one of the guys produced a white rose each. “I hate it when I tell you guys everything about me.” I said. Joey had asked me yesterday what type of flower I liked. I told him that my favourite flower is a white rose and that I also think that a white rose means more than a red rose. So I was now sitting in the back of the limo with Lance on my right. Along the left side of the car was JC, along the front, facing me was Justin on the left and Joey on the right, and Chris was sitting opposite JC. Chris then pulled out the bottle of champagne from the wine cooler, popped the corked and poured everyone a glass. Once everyone had finished their first glass, we had pulled up and the Sofitel. I noticed that mostly everyone was standing out the front, talking and looking at everyone who was arriving. We slowly pulled up to the porter that was opening the doors for everyone. The porter opened up the door and Justin got out of the car.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki