From Coffee Shop to Forever by ComplicateMe


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


From Coffee Shop to Forever

I finally found someone
That knocks me off my feet
I finally found the one
That makes me feel complete

It started over coffee
We started out as friends
It’s funny how from simple things
The best things begin


Samantha gazed idly out the window of the popular coffee shop, her steaming latte and half-written magazine article left forgotten on the table. Her head was up in the clouds, as it had been the last few days, as she thought about the recent news of her father’s engagement.

The woman was a bitch. Miranda Hall was conniving, self-centered, and thrifty. The kind of woman Samantha hated; the exact opposite of the kind of woman her deceased mother had been. She had met Miranda countless times, yet every time, she had to repress the urge to strangle the woman. She had no clue what her father saw in her.

It could be that Mitchell Trudeau had a lot of money. He was the owner of a large chain of department stores, Trudeau’s, and easily kept Samantha and himself living comfortably and enjoying the finer things in life. Which Samantha had never complained of. But that was all Miranda Hall saw in her father. After all, the woman was young enough to be her sister.

Groaning to herself, Samantha forced her attention back on her magazine article. It was due tomorrow and she wasn’t even half-way done yet. She would have to push for it to be ready.

Samantha Trudeau was a pretty twenty-six year old writer for a successful women’s magazine called Audacity. She was the only child of Mitchell Trudeau, department store owner, and Sylvia Price, a restaurant owner and cook extraordinaire. They had lived in New York City, where Samantha had attended private school and grown up on Broadway plays and fine dining. After her mother had died five years ago from breast cancer, she graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor in English and writing, and then quickly moved to L.A. when she got the job at Audacity. She currently lived in her own four-room apartment, attended cocktail parties with friends, and rubbed noses with the rich and famous.

“You know, who the hell really cares about what shade of eye shadow goes with a prom dress,” Samantha mumbled to herself as she turned back to her article. She loved her job, but some of the things she wrote about were so unimportant that they were bordering on silly.

“Mind if I share your table?” a male voice broke into her concentration, “All the rest seem to be filled.”

Not wanting to lose her privacy, Samantha looked up to tell the stranger no, but lost her train of thought as her green eyes met cobalt blues. There was something familiar about him, but she couldn’t quite place it. Shaking her head, she focused in on what the man was saying.

“…haven’t seen this many people here in ages,” he stated, holding his drink as he stood there waiting for an invitation to sit down.

“Take a seat, I don’t need the whole table,” she heard herself telling the newcomer, not wanting to be rude. He quickly took her invitation and plopped down on the seat across from her, setting down his drink, a few pads of paper, and a pen.

“Thanks a bunch. I’m Josh by the way,” he stuck out his hand.

“Samantha. Nice to meet you,” she replied, quickly shaking the outstretched hand.

“Man, I haven’t been to this place in awhile. Last time I came here, business was so slow. Seems that somebody leaked out the word that they make the best homemade coffee around here,” Josh continued rattling on, not caring if she was paying attention.

“Tell me about it. I think I had to wait in line for about twenty minutes,” Samantha found herself commenting, much to her surprise, “I’ve been coming here for years, then all of a sudden, boom, everybody comes here. It seems to be the new hang-out for all the college and high school kids.”

“I take it you’re not one of them then,” he mused, glancing in her direction.

“Who me? No way. Graduated from college a few years ago, so I’m a working woman now,” she replied, grinning, “And how about you? I’m hoping I didn’t just make an ass out of myself with that comment.”

“Nope, me either. Your dignity is still intact,” he said, sipping on his drink, “So Miss Samantha, what is it that you do?”

“I write for a women’s magazine. Maybe you’ve heard of it, it’s called Audacity,” she supplied, “I’m actually trying to finish up my article. It’s due tomorrow and stupid me just started it about an hour ago.”

“Oh, I’ve heard of the magazine. I actually had a photo shoot for it,” Josh stated, then covered his mouth with his hand, “Oops, I wasn’t supposed to tell you that.” Samantha’s interest immediately perked up.

“Now you’ve got me intrigued. What exactly do you do that would land your mug in a magazine full of gossip, fashion trends, and sex questions?” she questioned, lifting an eyebrow in his direction. He smiled sheepishly at her.

“Well, I kinda lied when I said my name was Josh. Well technically it is, but I usually go by JC,” he supplied, “I’m a musician.”

“JC Chasez from Nsync. I’m surprised I didn’t recognize you sooner,” Samantha stated, noting the blue eyes and strong jaw that were the telltale characteristics, “At one point my father wanted to have you guys on the front of his catalogue; back a few years ago when you were really popular. I knew you looked familiar.”

“Catalogue? Now it’s my turn to be in the dark,” Josh, or JC, stated, “What on earth are you talking about?”

“My father owns a department store,” she supplied. JC waited for her to continue, but she just sat there looking at him.

“That’s all you’re going to tell me?” he cried, then whined, “Come on, that’s no fair.” Samantha smiled, taking a liking to this man.

“Ever shopped in Trudeau’s?” she questioned.

“You’re Samantha Trudeau? THE Samantha Trudeau? The one that inherits the billions of dollars that her father is worth?” JC demanded, shocked. He was surprised at how pretty and down to earth she seemed to be considering the fact that she was a very wealthy heiress.

“Okay, you don’t have to shout it to the whole world,” Samantha pretended to scold, taking a sip of her latte, “And don’t look so surprised. Were you expecting a monster?” JC blushed.

“Well we make quite a pair. The wealthy monster heiress and the scrawny pop star who lies,” he commented, changing the subject. Samantha erupted into laughter.

And that’s how their friendship began. They talked for hours that first day, sharing a table and exchanging stories over coffee, not leaving until they were finally kicked out. They had more in common than they thought was possible and quickly became the best of friends.




I finally found someone
Someone to share my life
I finally found the one
To be with every night

Cause whatever I do
It’s just got to be you
My life has just begun
I finally found someone


6 months later

“Hello?” Samantha said as she answered the phone.

“Hey Sam,” a male voice replied. Samantha felt her jaw drop in shock.

“Josh! Oh my god, it’s so great to hear from you. How is the tour going? Are you going to be home soon?” Samantha said as she stirred the marinara sauce for her chicken tortellini.

“Well, we’ve got a couple more concerts, then we’re home for the rest of the summer and fall,” JC told her, a smile on his lips when he heard the excitement in her voice; he had missed her more than he thought.

“How long are you guys off for?” she questioned, checking the noodles in the pot.

“Three months. Can you believe that? I’m so excited. We haven’t had this much time off since before I can remember,” he stated.

“That’s awesome,” she replied, then paused, “Hey, hold on a second, I’ve got somebody on my other line. Stay there.”

“Okay.”

“Hello?”

“Hey Sam, whatcha up to babe?” her best friend, Alyssa replied.

“Oh hi Aly. Not much, just making dinner for us; what time do you think you’ll be over?” Samantha replied, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

“Actually, I called to tell you that I’m gonna have to cancel. My parents want to take me out to dinner to “discuss” Brayden,” Alyssa explained with a snort, “Discuss my ass. They just want to tell me again that I’m going to marry him. Ugh. I’m frickin twenty-seven years old and they want to make decisions for me.”

“Aww, I’m sorry sweetie,” Samantha said, “That really sucks.”

“Tell me about it,” the elder confirmed, “And to make matters worse, Brayden is sweet, caring, and incredibly hot. I mean, we get along great and everything, but I don’t want to marry a guy just because my parents want me to so that they can make a business deal.”

“Maybe you should just run away with him and elope,” Samantha suggested with a laugh.

“No kidding, it’s already crossed my mind,” Alyssa stated, then laughed, “My parents would both have a heart attack if I did something as irrational as elope.”

“Well you’d certainly be getting your message across,” Samantha commented.

“True. Anyway, I’ve got to let you go. I’ll call you later on tonight to tell you how everything went,” Alyssa concluded, “Sorry about the dinner again. I hate missing your cooking. Oh well, another night maybe.”

“Oh don’t worry about it Aly. Good luck with your parents.”

After about another minute of idle conversation, Samantha hung up with her best friend and switched back over to JC. She was surprised that he was still there. She had been on the phone with Alyssa for at least ten minutes.

“Hey, you still there?” she questioned.

“Yep. I said I’d wait,” he replied, “So who was that?”

“That was my friend Aly. She was supposed to come over for dinner tonight but she just called to cancel on me because her parents are taking her out. They’re trying to get her to marry this guy so they can make a business deal with his parents,” Samantha explained.

“Wow, that really sucks. So what are you making for dinner?”

“Chicken tortellini with marinara sauce. It’s one of my favorites,” she told him, “Too bad a lot of it’s going to be wasted since I’m going to be eating alone.”

At that moment, the doorbell rang, and with a confused frown, Samantha quickly walked over to it. She was shocked when she opened it to find Josh standing there.

“Mind if I join you?” he questioned, “I’m really hungry right now, and since you don’t have any company…”

“Josh!” she shrieked as she jumped into his arms. He laughed as he spun her around and set her back on the ground.

“Nice to see you too,” he commented, walking into her apartment and waiting for her to close the door.

“When did you get in? Is the tour over? How long are you here for? Does your mother know?” she rapidly questioned. He held up a hand, grinning.

“Geeze woman, one thing at a time,” he teased, she glared at him, “The tour is over; I just got home yesterday. I wanted to surprise you so I told you that we had a few concerts left. Therefore, I’m home for three months.”

“And your mom?”

“Of course she knows I’m home. I saw her yesterday at the airport,” he stated, following her into the kitchen where she proceeded to tend to her cooking food.

“Jerk,” she shot at him, trying not to smile, “That was a good surprise. You’re just lucky that Alyssa called and canceled on me.”

“I asked her to,” he told her with a sheepish smile. She smacked him with her stirring spoon.

JC went and stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin atop her head. He breathed in the scent of her hair and felt tingles travel down his spine. He didn’t know why.

“I really missed you, ya know that?” he questioned softly into her ear, “I’ve missed our talks. I’ve missed our adventures. I’ve even missed our fights. Does that sound ridiculous?”

“No. I missed all that just as much as you,” she replied with a smile.

The two of them just stood there, happy to be in the other’s presence. The food was forgotten as JC began to sing softly in her ear and she leaned into his embrace, like she belonged there.




Did I keep you waiting?
I didn’t mind
I apologize
Baby that’s fine
I would wait forever
Just to know you were mine

You know I love your hair
Are you sure it looks right?
I love what you wear
Isn’t it too tight?
You’re exceptional
I can’t wait for the rest of my life


3 months later

“Josh, come on, we’re going to be late,” Samantha called into his bedroom. She paced right outside his door.

“Be out in a sec Sam,” his muffled voice could be heard through the door. Samantha rolled her eyes.

The door opened a few seconds later and Samantha felt her breath catch as she took in her friend’s outfit in. He looked beyond handsome and she felt a little guilty for thinking dirty thoughts about him. He was her best friend after all.

“Wow, you look beautiful,” he commented when he had gotten his voice back, “I think this is the first time I’ve seen you really dressed up.”

JC had been invited to the Academy Awards show and had opted to bring Samantha as his “date”. Except now, he was starting to wish this really was a date. She was the first woman who had been able to take his breath away. But he couldn’t be thinking this, not about her, not about his best friend.

She had on a red strapless dress that was made of some sort of slinky material. It hugged her curves in all the right places and sent jolts of electricity straight to JC’s groin. He almost groaned aloud.

Her hair was pulled up into a stylish French twist with small ringlets framing her face. Little fake diamonds sparkled in her hair and added an almost surreal aura to her appearance.

“I like your hair,” he commented.

“Are you sure it looks okay? I feel like it makes me look old,” she replied, touching a hand to her locks.

“Nah. It looks great. And that dress,” he whistled, “If I was your dad, I definitely wouldn’t let you out of the house in that little number.”

“You don’t think it looks too tight on me, do you?” she questioned, suddenly worried; her dad would be there, as he always was every year, “I don’t want my dad lecturing me at the Academy Awards, especially in front of his fiancée. I really like Lauren and I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of her.”

“Hey, don’t worry, you look great. Lauren likes you no matter what you wear, we both know that. Besides, you’re exceptional in my book,” he told her, lifting her chin with his fingers, “And you are so beautiful.” She blushed.

He didn’t know what possessed him, but he quickly leaned forward and kissed her. Not one of those friendly kisses, but full blown-out kissing. He was hesitant, but continued passionately when she eagerly responded. He put his arms around her and pulled her closer, wanting her nearer.

When they finally broke apart, minutes later, both were breathless. Both were at a loss for words. And both wanted to continue where they had left off.

“That was…” Samantha trailed off, running a finger over her lips.

“Amazing,” JC finished breathlessly.

“Wh..why did you do that?” she questioned. He could read the confusion in her eyes the minute she looked at him.

“I dunno. Maybe because you’re possibly the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met,” he replied, holding her hands in his, “And somehow I’ve managed to fall under your spell.” She laughed.

“My spell, Mr. Chasez? What spell would that be?” she teased, running a hand up and down his chest. He groaned.

“Sam, you keep doing that and we’re never going to make it to the show. That’s how much you affect me,” he told her huskily, “I’ll have to throw you over my shoulder and take you to my bed.” She shivered.

“What if that’s what I want?” she boldly questioned, looking into his eyes, “What if I want you right here, right now?”

“Then I don’t know if I could resist you,” he honestly told her, “Sam, I don’t know what’s happened, but I’m having a hard time just being your friend. Every time I’m around you, I get this urge to kiss you or touch you, or hell, drag you to my room and do unmentionable things to you.” He ran a hand through his hair in agitation.

“I know exactly how you feel, cause I’ve been fighting the same feelings. How did we let this happen?” she questioned, “Your friendship has been one of the best I’ve ever had.”

“Is that how you want to leave it? If you’re uncomfortable with this whole thing and want me only as a friend, then I’ll honor your wishes,” he told her, staring into her eyes, “But I won’t be happy. I want you as my girlfriend. Is that too much to ask?”

“No, it’s not. Josh, will you be my date for real tonight?” she questioned, smiling up at him. He grinned, picked her up, and spun her around like he always did.

“You made my day, you know that? C’mon, let’s go, we’re going to be late,” he said, taking her hand as he walked towards the stairs.

She didn’t say a word, just followed, holding tightly to his hand. She stared at their interwoven fingers, a smile creeping to her lips. Now that she had him, she never wanted to let go.




I finally found someone
Someone to share my life with
I finally found the one
To be with every night

Cause whatever I do
It’s just got to be you
My life has just begun
I finally found someone


1 year later

“What do you think they’re going to say?” Samantha asked, worrying as they walked up the steps to JC’s parents’ house.

“Your dad and Lauren are going to be thrilled, as are my dad,” he told her, grinning, “And my mom, well, she’s going to flip out. Not in a bad way. She’s going to want to start planning the instant we tell her.”

“Should I be worried?” Samantha demanded, holding tightly to his hand for support.

“Nah. Just let my mom help a little bit, but don’t let her take over everything,” JC advised.

“Okay.”

A few minutes later, the two of them sat with Roy and Karen Chasez, Mitchell Trudeau, and Lauren Trudeau, Samantha’s new step-mom that she adored. JC’s two siblings, Heather and Tyler, were also present. The room was surprisingly silent, which just made Samantha more nervous. But she gained confidence from JC’s strength.

“So what’s the big news?” Karen Chasez questioned as she leaned forward from the couch she was sitting on next to her husband.

“Yeah, geeze, you guys look like you’re about to bolt out the door if given the chance,” Tyler added. JC laughed nervously.

“Well, I don’t know exactly how to tell you guys this, but Samantha and I are engaged. We’re going to get married,” JC blurted, then blushed. He had wanted to be more graceful, but it wasn’t meant to be.

The room went deathly silent. Karen’s mouth fell open and Lauren’s eyes welled up with tears. All of a sudden, the room became full of chatter. Congratulations could be heard round the room as everybody got to their feet.

“Sweetie, I’m so proud of you,” Mitchell said as he hugged his daughter, “You couldn’t get a better man than JC.”

“I know,” Samantha agreed with a smile, then turned to Lauren.

“Samantha, I feel like I’ve just gotten to know you and now I’m going to have to say goodbye,” the older woman said, tears rolling down her cheeks as she embraced her step-daughter, “You’ll visit often, won’t you?”

“Don’t be silly Laur, I’ll be by all the time. I want you and Karen to help me plan everything. I don’t know a thing about planning a wedding,” Samantha said as Karen joined them.

“Okay. Ooh…let me see the ring,” Lauren stated, drying her eyes.

Samantha held out her hand and Lauren and Karen “oohed” and “aahed” over it. It was a simple ring really. A round diamond set in a silver band with two little diamonds on each side of the bigger one. Samantha had loved it the minute she had seen it.

“JC, you dog. I can’t believe you didn’t say anything to me about this,” Tyler stated, clapping his brother on the back, “I am your brother.”

“Ty, it’s called a surprise,” JC replied, grinning as he searched the room for his fiancée. She was animatedly talking to his sister and he felt pride swell in his heart. She was all his. Forever.

“So do you think that went over well?” Samantha whispered in JC’s ear a few minutes later. They sat together on the couch watching a basketball game with Heather and Tyler. The adults were in the backyard having drinks and talking about the upcoming wedding.

“Definitely,” JC replied, nuzzling her neck. She giggled.

“And to think that we met at a silly little coffee shop,” she commented, smiling up into his eyes.

“I’m not complaining,” he stated and kissed her.

I can’t wait for the rest of my life…
This is it, oh, I finally found someone
Someone to share my life
I finally found the one
To be with every night

Cause whatever I do
It’s just got to be you
My life has just begun
I finally found someone

It started over coffee
We started out as friends
It's funny how from simple things
The best things begin


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki