Holding your Heart and Keeping the Faith by princess_ally


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Jenna awoke with a pounding headache. She heard JC downstairs messing around in the kitchen so she got up and headed toward the stairs. Suddenly, everything started spinning. Her breathing became more difficult and she felt herself falling.
“Jen, honey!” JC ran into the foyer but didn’t make it before she tumbled down the last stair.  Her eyes remained closed even though her nose and lip were busted. “Sweetie open your eyes for me,” he gently lifted her head and put it in his lap.
Her eyes fluttered open and a look of pain and fear took over them. “We’re gonna get you taken care of, darling,” he assured and pulled his phone out of his back pocket. He called an ambulance then laid her on the bed of the nearest guest room. He got some peroxide and a towel and began cleaning her up.
As time passed her wheezing worsened and she kept losing consciousness. “Josh…I…can’t last…much..longer,” she forced out as hot tears streamed down her face.
Before he could answer he heard the sirens in front of the house and went to the front door to let the paramedics in.
“Alright, darlin, just relax for me,” a medic said as he placed an oxygen mask over her mouth.
“Does she have asthma or anything?” another one asked and lifted her shirt to put the stethoscope on her chest.
“Um, cystic fibrosis and symptoms of emphysema,” JC muttered and ran his hand over his face.
“Alright, we just need to get her to the hospital before we do anything else.”
With that, they put her on the stretcher and lifted her into the ambulance. JC followed them there in the Jeep.
Jenna began crying again as her shirt was cut off and cords and needles were put into her.
“It’s ok, hon. We’re just trying to see what’s wrong with you,” he placed a warm hand on her forehead and offered a comforting smile.
They reached the hospital and rushed her into an emergency room. They transferred the information of her health conditions which made the medical staff extra cautious.
“Please, let me go home,” Jenna pleaded and struggled to get up.

 

“Now, Jenna, the doctors need to examine you,” a nurse put her hand on her shoulder and guided her back down. “You don’t want us to have to restrain you now do you?”
 
 
“Can someone get a hold of Robert Romaine? He’s her primary care physician and he needs to be here,” a doctor asked.
 
 
Jenna heaved a sigh of relief. Dr. Romaine was the only doctor she felt comfortable around. They worked on her a little longer and at least got her stabilized before Dr. Romaine arrived.
 
 
“Well hello, Jenna,” he smiled and pressed the button to raise her bed. “I see you had a little accident, huh.”
 
 
Jenna offered a half smile and nodded.
 
 
“Well let’s see what’s going on.” He leaned her forward and opened the back of her gown. He immediately noticed the welts striped across her back. “Jenna…what happened?” he asked and touched the tender wounds Chris caused not two days before.
 
 
“I…uh...nothing…I mean…I guess it happened when I fell,” her heart raced as she searched for an excuse.
 
 
“Jenna I’m doing a physical on you tomorrow anyway so you better tell me now what happened,” he said sternly.
 
 
“Chris…” she forced out before she broke down. “He was so angry when he saw JC and me together,” she sobbed.
 
 
Dr. Romaine stared at her for awhile then nodded knowingly and put the stethoscope in his ears and pressed it gently to her back. “I’m going to send in a report then,” he said.
 
 
Jenna sniffled and nodded, knowing it was probably the best idea.
 
 
“Ok, then I’ll go get JC and I’ll be back about 10 tomorrow to check on you,” he patted her arm and began writing on her chart.
 
 
He placed the clipboard in the slot at the end of her bed then headed toward the waiting room.
 
 
“Josh, how are you?” he greeted friendly.
 
 
JC felt better seeing a smile on the doctor’s face but still gave a worried look, not knowing what was going on with Jenna.
 
 
“She’s going to be just fine,” he once again smiled warmly. “It was an attack, and they will happen from time to time.”
 
 
“Ok,” he sighed. “That’s certainly a relief.”
 
 
“And Josh,” he stepped forward. “I did notice the marks on her.”
 
 
JC panicked and hoped he didn’t think he had anything to do with them.
 
 
“We’re going to try to get a restraining order placed on Mr. Kirkpatrick.”
 
 
“Ok…sounds good,” he nodded, relieved. “May I see her?”
 
 
“Absolutely. Third door on the left.”
 
 
JC once again thanked Dr. Romaine then rushed to Jenna’s room.
 
 
“Jen, babe, are you alright?” he stepped in to see her weak body resting with all the tubes attached to her.
 
 
“I’m fine,” she smiled as he sat down next to her. “I just…”
 
 
“What, darling, tell me.”
 
 
“I just wish I could be normal,” she looked at him and started crying.
 
 
JC took a seat on the bed and gently slid his arms under her body in an embrace.
 
 
“I know sweetheart…I know.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki