Can Heaven Wait by Taccora


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Can Heaven Wait?


Tyra had just gotten a plane ticket to Orlando. She was trying to make it for JC’s birthday party her fiancé, Justin, was throwing. She thought she wasn’t going to be able to make it but she finished the photo shoot early and rushed to the airport. She was tempted to call Justin and let him know she would be there but she decided that a surprise would be a much better option.



The two-hour flight went by quickly and Tyra found herself holding a medium sized bag looking for the car rental section amidst the crowded airport. It took her fifteen minutes to find the car rental portion of the airport but it didn’t take her long to get a car. I guess being a celebrity had its advantages.



Tyra was twenty-three, was slim with abs like Janet Jackson and was 5’11”. She had soft, blemish free chocolate skin, clear hazel eyes, and black hair that reached the mid of her back. On top of that she had full C breasts that were almost a D and she was thankful that they didn’t sag. All in all she was every man’s dream woman and she was sweet on top of that. It was only natural that she became a model and had been one since she was sixteen.



Tyra had always been labeled as one of the ‘Beautiful Ones’ but unlike the other people in that category she was down to earth. She spoke to everyone and treated everyone with respect even the ones she didn’t exactly care for because her mother taught her that the best way to get back at someone was through kindness and silence. She was taught to never let people know that they got to her, to make them feel like nothing they say or do could ruin her joy because she was the better person.



What started as a routine drive to Justin’s house ended up being the last trip she would ever take. During the drive she got hit by as truck and her car spun then flipped over…that was the last thing she remembered before she blacked out.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Justin was in his backyard by the pool laughing with JC and Chris by the pool. Joey was cooking the food on the grill while everyone else were either in the pool swimming or taking in different portions of the large yard.



“It’s too bad Tyra couldn’t make it. I was looking forward to spending time with her. I haven’t see Ty since the AMA’s,” Alicia mentioned.



“Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that she couldn’t make it. I really miss my baby,” Justin replied with a fond look on his face.



He was about to jump in the pool when he heard his phone ring. He ran in the house to answer the phone. It was Teresa, Tyra’s mom.



“Hey…what’s wrong ma?” Justin asked worriedly when he heard Teresa crying.



“Justin…sweetie Tyra’s been in an accident. She was driving to your house when a truck hit her. She’s in Liberty Hospital. James and I are on our way down to Orlando and I need you to pick up,” Teresa said.



Justin stood in shock as his mother to be gave him the time and boarding number of her flight arrival. After she hung up the he lost all of his stability and his back hit the wall. The phone fell from his hands and he broke into pieces. He slid down the wall and cried. He cried with everything he had until nothing came out…until he was left as a pile of nothingness.



Ten minutes later Justin was in the same state. He forgot all about JC’s birthday party and the guests that swarmed his home. He couldn’t think or comprehend anything except that the one woman that he had truly loved with everything he was was in intensive care at some hospital and may not make in through the night.



JC had noticed that Justin had been missing for a while and went into the house to look for him. He found him in a fetal position in the kitchen with tears rolling down his face. “What’s wrong J?”



Justin didn’t answer. He just pulled himself in a ball and rocked himself back and forth.



“Oh shit. Guys!” JC screamed as he ran into the back causing everyone to stop and look at him.



“What! What’s wrong?” Lance asked worried.



“Something’s wrong with Justin,” JC yelled nervously.



They all ran into the kitchen to see Justin in such a distraught state. Chris and JC sat next to Justin and shook him. Justin jumped and looked around the room. He stood up and wiped his eyes and tried to leave but was interrupted by JC.



“What happened J?” JC asked.



“Tyra was hit by a truck on her way here. She’s in intensive care and the doctor’s don’t know whether or not she’s going to make it through the night,” Justin said as a tear slid down his cheek. He ran up the stairs, threw on a pair of baggy fit jeans and a t-shirt then ran out of the house with his keys in his hands.



When Justin got to the hospital he told the nurses that he was looking for Tyra Houston and that he was her fiancé. After they checked his ID they allowed him to enter her room and he broke down when he saw her fragile body with tubes sticking into her. He walked up to the bed and silently prayed to God. Prayed with all he was for her to make it. All of a sudden he felt he grip his hand. He looked up and barely heard her say ‘I Love You’ before she went limp and flat lined.



At that moment Justin lost everything. He collapsed and cried. She was gone and there was nothing he could do about it. He saw the doctor’s rush in and saw them come towards him and pick him up and take him out of the room. He saw everything but felt nothing. Life just wouldn’t be the same without Tyra's.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It had been two weeks since Tyra’s passing and the funeral had taken place the week before. Since then Justin had secluded himself from everyone and every newspaper and station were talking about the death of Tyra Houston. MTV, VH1 and BET tried to call Justin so that he could speak on it but he wouldn’t talk to anyone. The only thing that kept the press somewhat at bay was the fact that he as well as all of members of *NSYNC would be attending the VMA’s in a week.



While Justin stayed in the solitude of his empty house he wrote a lot of music. There was one song unparticular that really put how he felt in the open. He bought out his guitar and played the music he wanted then recorded it. He added some final touches here and there then he laid down the vocals.



He decided that this would be the song he would perform for his last solo performance he would do for a while. *NSYNC was doing a new album and he doubted he would do a solo project any time soon. He called the band he and the guys had used over the years and told them that he had some music he needed them to learn for the VMA’s. They agreed to do the performance and he faxed them the music sheets. He then went to bed and started at the various pictures of Tyra around the room. It seemed as if as time went by he got worst instead of better.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well the night of the VMA’s arrived. Justin had his hair into zig zagging cornrows that were neatly parted with even amounts of hair in each braid. He wore a pair of baggy fit black jeans, a black wife beater that showed off his defined chest, and a black jean jacket over that. He had on a pair of black Perry Ellis boots and his diamond studs in each ear. All in all he looked good but you could tell that he wasn’t exactly thrilled to be there.

The other guys were with him wearing their own outfits, all different but nice in their own way. Reporters kept trying to get them to speak on Tyra’s passing but they just waved at the fans and made their way inside Radio Music Hall ignoring the press.

The show started like all the others and of course there was a dedication to Tyra during the event but everyone was waiting for Justin’s performance. There had been a lot of speculation about which song he was going to sing and how well he would carry it off.

The show went faster than Justin would have liked fore her soon found himself on stage getting ready to perform. The band was behind him and he sat on a stool with his guitar in his hands and his microphone in front of him. He took a deep breath then started to play then the band joined. After the intro he opened his moth and started to sing:

Quarter after seven, got a phone call
Telling me to get here quick
Said your girl is in a bad situation
They don’t know if she’d gonna make it
As I hurry to be by her side
I ask a thousand times, why oh why
There’s no rhyme or reason in my life
With you lying here this way

I’d give anything just to trade places with you
So I’m begging heaven down on my knees
To help you make it through

Tell me can heaven wait
Can heaven wait just one more night
Tell me what it’s gonna take
To keep you with me in my life

Giving up the shame of my other life
Now I’m seeing this in a while new light
Lord, I vow to change if you just make it right
Can heaven wait one night

Thinking back on times that I’ve wasted
I should have cherished every minute
All the different flavors that I’ve tasted
Can’t compare to you, no way

As I reminisce by your side
Tears of guilt are streaming from my eyes
All the things I did that weren’t right
Wish I could apologize

I’d give anything if I could trade places with you
So I’m begging heaven down on my knees
To help you make it through

Tell me can heaven wait
Can heaven wait just one more night
Tell me what it’s gonna take
To keep you with me in my life

Giving up the shame of my other life
Now I’m seeing this in a while new light
Lord, I vow to change if you just make it right
Can heaven wait one night

I’m gonna stop the world, reverse the time
Do what ever it takes to keep you alive
Heaven had to wait one more day
Baby take my breath so you can breath
I need you here so don’t leave
Heaven has to wait, yeah

Tell me can heaven wait
Can heaven wait just one more night
Tell me what it’s gonna take
To keep you with me in my life

Giving up the shame of my other life
Now I’m seeing this in a while new light
Lord, I vow to change if you just make it right
Can heaven wait one night

Tell me can heaven wait
Can heaven wait just one more night
Tell me what it’s gonna take
To keep you with me in my life

Giving up the shame of my other life
Now I’m seeing this in a while new light
Lord, I vow to change if you just make it right
Can heaven wait one night

I wanna know
Can heaven wait one night
Tell if you know, tell if you know
Tell if you know, tell if you know yeah
Can heaven wait one night
Tell if you know, tell if you know
Tell if you know, tell if you know yeah
Can heaven wait one night




As Justin finished the crowd stood and applauded. Most of them were in tears from the heart wrenching song that they most likely will never get to hear again. They saw the streaks of tears on Justin’s face and they not only saw a celebrity but also a man who was in pain because heaven couldn’t wait that day.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki