Author's Chapter Notes:

stories/160/images/biker_small.jpg

Here's the next part as promised! I made a simple banner to go with the story. I figured it would work well if Justin drove the same bike as the one in the banner. It's a Yamaha YZF-R1. Also, the remaining updates should be...interesting. I hope you enjoy this one and thanks for the great feedback guys. :)

 


Part Two: II

Later...

 

I know this experience is supposed to be scary and life threatening but I overcame that five minutes after we zoomed off.

Since then, my eyes have been wide open taking in the night effects of us passing everything at full speed. The lights are practically dazzling since we made it to Manhattan, the heart of New York and the wind hitting my face and bare skin is a mixture of soothing and discomfort but I like it.

So this is what it's like to be on the back of a six-pack's bike...a thrilling adrenaline rush. More importantly, this is what it's like to be on Justin's bike. It's a really pretty bike too. I'm not much of an enthusiast, but I did research on what type of bike he drove and I have to say, his Yamaha is exquisite.

I've been gripping his lower waist tightly since we left, afraid that if I let go I'll go sailing off the motorcycle. He doesn't seem to mind though because he easily relaxed under my hold and hasn't said a word since. The fact that I can only see his t-shirt clad broad muscular back doesn't help because I have no idea what's going through his mind. I know it must be difficult to project his voice through his helmet and the wind but I'm sure if he said something loud enough I'd hear him and be able to answer. So why hasn't he spoken to me? Too focused on driving I suppose?

Well whatever, this is actually nice. I'm...enjoying myself despite the mystery of where we're going and the fact that I don't trust him with my life. It's still nice. I'd pick him over that asshole Brad any day.

Taking in the sites of the busy city at night, I sit up slightly when I realize we're slowing down in speed.

Bending at the next light, Justin slows significantly until we're cruising down the semi-quiet street. Well it is late, so I'm not surprised that the streets aren't as busy. I'm actually afraid to find out just how late it is.

It's not long before we come to a complete stop, the bike still idling as both Justin's feet hit the pavement to balance us.

"Ok Bri, you can get off here so I can park." Justin voices and I glare at his back for a brief moment before doing as I'm told. Carefully, I bring my leg over the seat and hop off to stand next to one of the sidewalk trees that are grown down the stretch.

Taking in my surroundings, I frown when I realize this is a penthouse neighborhood. All the large, tall buildings on these streets have penthouse apartments and doormen waiting to greet the tenants. So I was right about him living in Manhattan on his own.

Cutting the engine for the bike, Justin brings down the kickstand, parking his bike at the entrance of his building I'd assume. When he roots off his helmet, I do the same, handing him mine. Taking it from me, he gets off his motorbike and signals for me to follow him through the large glass doors at the entrance. The moment we make it inside, he greets the doorman and guy behind the front desk before retrieving his apartment keys.

I glare around at the lavish lobby is awe, quickly following Justin to the elevators when they ding and open so we can step in. Silently, I take my place beside him and watch as he presses the top floor on the elevator before the doors close and we begin moving upwards. Of course he'd live on the top floor. It has the perfect view of the city.

Fiddling with my hands nervously since I have no idea what to really expect from him, I feel his eyes on me and reluctantly turn to catch his gaze. "Won't they...come looking for you...for us here?" I inquire and he simply smiles before looking ahead at the closed doors.

After a long moment of silence he finally decides to answer me. "Only my boys know where I live so no. We're safe here. Plus, Brad would know better than to try anything with you because I'd toss kerosene on him and burn his ass alive if he did. I think he values his life." Justin shrugs uncaringly. The scary part is I know he's dead serious. He would burn the guy alive if he gave him a reason to. God this makes me wonder how he's dealt with people who've crossed him in the past. I don't even want to know. "Besides, the security here is tight because of the high powered people living in this building so...no worries." Justin says nonchalantly and I sigh. Of course.

"They must have been terrified when you came to live here then." I giggle but he doesn't laugh. Instead, he frowns in thought as if remembering what that experience was like.

"They weren't happy that's for sure." He beams. "Until they found out who my parents were." He smirks and I nod in response, too anxious to really speak. My heart is thundering in my chest and I'm having second thoughts about being alone with him. I know...nothing about him. That can't be a good thing. How in the world did I end up here? Oye vey.

"Don't be scared of me Bri. I'm harmless, to you at least, once you get to know me." Justin adds in, his voice octaves lower than usual when I remain mute. "You have nothing to be afraid of. As soon as the guys call and let me know everything is under control, I'll take you home ok?" He assures and I swallow hard, wondering how long this is going to take.

"Fine." I force out and he sighs but doesn't say anything else until the elevators ding again and the metal doors open. Following him when he steps out into the massive hallway, I hold my breath when we reach a door that he shoves his key into. Unlocking it and swinging it open, Justin steps aside and motions for me to enter. Hesitantly, I walk forward giving him a quick glance before I slip past him and walk through the threshold of his apartment.

My eyes instantly bulge at the sight in front of me. This is definitely a penthouse. This place is...

"It's huge." I gasp, jumping slightly when I hear the door slam shut behind us. Whipping around, I watch as Justin tosses our helmets unto a nearby glass table before he proceeds to kick off his boots by the door.

My breath hitches in my throat when he yanks his t-shirt loose then pulls it off over his head remaining in just his white wife beater that hugs his lean slender frame perfectly. Oh dear god. His arms are perfectly sculpted in my eyes. One of his shoulders has a cross tattooed on it and the other one has a picture of a snake wrapped around a scorpion. Ok I'm not sure I want to know what it means, but it looks amazing on his fair skin.

When he realizes that I'm practically gawking at him he smiles warmly at me. "Make yourself at home Briana. This may take a while. I'd give you a tour but the kitchen calls first." He chuckles, walking down the short hallway before making a right and disappearing from sight where his large, spacious, white titled and marbled kitchen is located. I noticed it on our way in.

So, I guess I'll have to get my rental tomorrow? I'm not worried though.

Taking in some deep breaths to calm my nerves, I drop my handbag on one of the leather sofas before gazing around his ‘bachelor pad.'  It's so spacious. The floor is of perfectly vanished wood covered by expensive rugs; there's a large entertainment center surrounding his flat screen TV and ebony and glass tables. I can just imagine what his bedroom must look like. But that's nothing compared to the fact that his entire living room is surrounded by the thickest, clearest glass that has me speechless. I see this on television all the time but now I'm witnessing it for myself.

He has glass walls that overlook the city. It's amazing. He doesn't even need a balcony for this spectacular view of colorful lights and sky scrapers. He could just sit in his living room chilling and enjoy it. It's not fair I tell you. The only thing that would hide it is the shifted blinds and thick curtains I'm sure he uses whenever the sun is shining too bright.

Walking over to the large windows, I gaze out at the dark night illuminated by all the lights, drinking this moment in. Folding my arms across my chest, I smile to myself realizing that maybe Justin isn't so bad after all?

"So, how many women have you brought up here to woo? Because you have some real cool points going for you with this place." I call out jokingly as I continue to relish in the sky view that I have of the city.

It takes a while before I get a reply and when I do, I nearly jump out of my skin when he comes to stand directly behind me. "So does that mean you like it? Because I can't be sure with you." Justin says smoothly and I turn around to face him, noting the glass extended out to me in his hand. "I brought you some juice to tame the alcohol in your system."

"Thanks." Taking the glass of orange juice from him, I take a sip of the cool substance never breaking eye-contact. "And yeah, I love your place." I add in.

Bringing the mug in his other hand up to his lips, Justin takes a sip of his liquid as well which I get a whiff of in the process. "Cool. And to answer your question, I've only ever brought one woman up here." He mentions with a half-smile.

Removing the glass from my lips I frown in wonderment. "Wait, you're drinking hot chocolate?" I state in shock, ignoring what he just told me. "Wow Justin...wow." I say, trying to hold back my giggles.

Shrugging, he takes another large gulp of the hot substance before licking at his lips. "I told you...I have a craving for chocolate. Even if this isn't my preferred form of it..." He trails off as his eyes twinkle with mischief. "I don't know why for the life of me you don't believe the things I tell you Bri." He smirks before taking another large gulp.

"But...you're supposed to be this hard badass. What bad boy drinks hot chocolate? Come on! You're just doing this to get at me." I snigger before downing the rest of my orange juice.

"Possibly. But I guess you'll never know huh?" he beams, finishing off his drink as well.

"I guess not." I smile, handing him my empty glass.

Placing his mug and my glass down on a nearby table, he comes back over to me, his blues searching my browns for some reason or other. "You don't care to know about my women anymore Bri?" Justin inquires and I scowl, wondering why he even wants to share.

"Uh..." Then it hits me. He did answer my question didn't he? What did he say? "Wait, you said you only brought one woman up here to your place? Are you shitting me? You're so lying." I laugh out but he remains serious, his tall frame hovering over my shorter frame.

"Why is that funny?" Justin asks while cocking his head to the side slightly.

"Because...wait...hold on...you're wrong." I point out and his eyebrows rise in interest.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, even though it's not the same intentions, you have to add me to the list so that makes two." I state with a sly smile and he returns the gesture before swiping his palms over his face as if to prevent himself from laughing.

"No...no I'm still right Briana. I already counted you and that still makes it only one." Justin begins and it doesn't take long for me to understand what he means. Oh my god. "You're the only woman I've brought up here Briana. And take my word when I say it's with the purest of intentions. We're just waiting for my boys to call. Despite how I've been...pursuing you if you want to put it like that. I'm not going to disrespect you in any way. I've accepted that you're...not interested? And that you don't like me very much to begin with. I have no problem keeping my distance." As if to prove his point, he takes a few steps away from me before he moves to grab a remote then plops down on one of his leather sofas.

 

 

"Oh..." I mutter softly feeling slightly confused. Remaining in place, I blink a few times, trying to process his statement. Well shit, I didn't see that one coming. Should I be thrilled that I'm the only woman despite his relatives I'm sure, who's been up here? Is that supposed to mean something? Because he could easily be lying to me, still trying to get at me with whatever method he's using now.

You know what? I'm way too tired and buzzed to care or to think deeply about this so I'm just going to suck it up and take it for what it's worth. I've been making some fucked up decisions and choices lately so what the hell...

Relaxing my tense form, I move over to plop down next to Justin who just switched on the television. He's doing a hell of a good job ignoring me as he channel surfs but I have other plans in mind as I glare at him...at his smooth, almost angelic face. I have this itch to just pass my palms over his cheek, just to feel how soft his skin really is. But it's wrong...I shouldn't. But, but I can't really help myself so...

The moment my hand connects to the side of his face in a light caress, I note how his eyes flutter before his hand dives up to grip my wrist to stop me. "What are you doing Briana?" Justin hisses and I freeze at the harshness of his voice.

"I...I was just..."

Snapping his head in my direction, his blues burn a hole into me with their intense gaze. "Whatever it is you're doing...don't." He warns before releasing his hold on me and brushing my hand away.

"I don't get you Justin." I snap. "You want me to pay attention to you, you want me to...now when I am you're..." But I trail off when I see the perplexed look in his eyes.

"I'm not going to accept you when your judgment is clearly clouded by your obvious intoxication Bri." He spits back. "I'm not doing this with you. I don't have as much self-control as you think I do when it comes to you. Don't fucking push your luck with me." He bites.

"Oh please I'm perfectly fine." I roll my eyes before resting back in my seat with a huff.

"Perfectly...of course you are." He mocks me, chuckling lightly.

"Don't patronize me Justin. You act like you're this god that all women should bow down to. Well excuse me for thinking otherwise. I must really throw you for a loop huh? Seeing as I'm not the average woman who gushes and blushes over you."

"No...no that's actually what I like about you." He sighs, shaking his head before he moves to stand but I grip his jeans and yank him back down roughly in a seating position.

That clearly shocks him because he's glaring at me with wide eyes now. "I'm not afraid of you Justin." I say curtly and it takes him a few seconds to come out of his shock.

"You should be." He retorts firmly and I know he's right. I should be but right now I'm not. How can I when I'm only getting his mostly pleasant side which I'm sure is taking a lot out of him? "You have no idea what I'm capable of. As much as I don't want you to be afraid of me and I'll do everything in my power for you to feel safe with me, you shouldn't get too comfortable either Bri."

"Why?" I suddenly belt in frustration. "Why must you be like this? Did you ever stop to think that maybe it wouldn't be as difficult to get to me if you were a decent guy?"

"I can't change who I am." Justin laments but I don't believe him. If he wanted to really change, he could.

"You can't possibly really care for me else..."

"Else what...I'd change for you?" He snaps and I hold my tongue when I see his temper flaring. "For fuck's sake Briana, you're in my fucking apartment. I told you, you're the only one I've brought this far into my life. Does that say nothing to you?"  He growls. "I'm not taking advantage of you right now; I haven't smacked your ass for talking the way you've been talking to me, or given you a reason to genuinely fear me. If I had, you'd most certainly not be sitting next to me seemingly calm. Seriously, does that say nothing to you? Judging from what you know or think you know about me, am I working with a blind and deaf brick wall?" Justin sneers and suddenly I feel bad for giving him such a hard time for so long.

"I...I'm..."

"Maybe we should just leave. It was a mistake bringing you here." He relents and I cringe feeling regretful even though I know that I shouldn't.

I mean, looking at him now, slumped forward just sitting there, he doesn't look as tough. He's not so bad. So maybe me rejecting him was a way to protect my own self? Maybe I'm just afraid to let anyone else in. I mean, he was right with what my ex-boyfriend did to me. Maybe I just...maybe I'm just scared that I might feel something for him, that I would be putting my heart on the line again to get hurt.

But still, Justin is such a gamble. Am I really willing to take that risk? Somehow I think I found the answer to that question a long time ago and was too afraid to accept it.

"I want to stay." I say slowly and he lifts his head to look at me.

"You want to stay." He repeats disbelievingly.

"Yes. We'll wait for your friends to call."

"Uh huh..." He drawls, still staring at me with uncertainty.

"Ok Justin, you win. You got to me ok? Now I'm hoping you're not the gloating type, but yes, I'd like to stay here with you for as long as it takes to clear up this mess. I don't mind your company." I smile brightly and he's still just glowering.

"Is this a trick?" he asks skeptically and I groan in irritation. "I don't think it would be wise to piss me off Bri so..."

"No. Look let's just chill. We'll watch TV or something. It's not that serious." I point out.

He finally breaks out into a thousand watt smile. "It's more serious than you think Bri. You have no idea how complex my life is. But ok, I can ‘chill' with you if that's what you want." He says enthusiastically. "If that's...all you want." He adds in for good measure but I ignore him and his chuckles.

"Good. And thanks for being such a good host or whatever." I state before leaning over to kiss his cheek delicately. When I pull away from him, I note the curiosity and intense blaze in his blues but he doesn't say anything or even act on it.

 

 

"Are you hungry?" Justin voices before getting up to walk away, completely switching topics. "Because I am."

"I...uh..." Giving the television one last glance, I jump up on my feet and follow him into the kitchen. "I could use food."

"Oh yeah? You could? That's good to know." He says playfully before swinging his refrigerator open. "Are sandwiches ok? It's not wise to eat too much at such a late hour."

"How late is it?" I question.

"Minutes to two in the morning." Justin mutters and I sigh. I shouldn't have asked.

"So are sandwiches all you can make?" I giggle before hopping up on his island to take a seat.

Pulling out the various ingredients from his fridge, he pushes the door shut then comes over to me. "No." He simply states and I frown.

"So, does that mean you cook?" I gesture with my hands for him to elaborate.

"No." He mentions again. "I can do shit to survive but I'm not the best cook." He admits and I smile brightly.

"Most guys aren't."

"Uh huh."

"So tell me Justin, why did you bring me here if your home is a place that's clearly very personal to you in terms of private space?"

Keeping his vision on his task at hand of preparing our sandwiches, he shrugs.

"I mean I'm just another one of the women on your agenda right? Once you've succeeded with me for whatever plan you have, you'll move on right?"

Lifting his head to glare at me, he scowls deeply, clearly upset with my reasoning but he doesn't respond.

When a long moment of silence engulfs us, I begin swinging my legs that are hanging over the island before I decide to try my luck again.

"I mean..." But I'm cut off when he drops the knife in his hand causing it to make a clinging sound against the marbled island.

Shifting his stance, he moves to stand in front of me and before I can react, he swiftly slides to position himself between my legs with his hands resting flat on the marbled surface on either side of my body. Gulping down hard, I look into his orbs that are filled with mixed emotions I can't quite identify.

"Why must you push at my buttons Bri? Aren't you just happy that I'm respecting this neutral arrangement we have going?" Justin whispers, his face mere inches from mine.

"I...I..."

"Because you should be. You should be happy I'm not taking advantage of you and this situation. A real ‘badass' as you put it with no respect for the female species would be all over you by now. Be happy I'm of a special kind of ‘bad boy.'" He snickers but I don't find him funny.

"Ok, point taken...But I was just..."

"You were just nothing Briana. When are you going to stop questioning my motives towards you? I'm not looking to play you if that's what you're worried about. I genuinely like you. I genuinely care about you and your well being." He says softly, his voice thick with emotion.

"But you..."

"I brought you here because you're special to me if you must know Bri and I thought I'd share this side of me with you and let you see that you don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you Bri. I'd never..." He coos, drifting off when my hands come up to cup his cheeks as I stare deeply into his blues. When I smile at him, he blinks a few times before smiling back at me. But his head jerks back instantly when I lean forward to close the small gap between us. "But you'd not be safe if you were messing with me. Maybe things are better this way?" He mumbles more to his self than to me.

Ugh what is his problem!? Why must he tempt me so? The sexual tension between us is so fucking apparent yet he's ignoring it.

"Justin..." I whisper, feeling the after effects of my buzz. My head and eyelids feel heavy but all I really want right now is to shut him up.

"You're drunk Bri." He muses and I shake my head in protest.

"I'm fine..." I whisper again, not quite knowing why I am. We're the only ones here. "I just...you're...I mean..." What am I trying to say really?

"What?" Justin laughs out, still standing comfortably between my legs.

I'm suddenly aware of our current position. I'm painfully aware of his lower half snuggly situated between my bare legs. I'm aware of his body heat mixing with mine from our close proximity and his large muscular arms almost circling my body. I can feel his hot breath on my skin and smell the sweet scent of the hot chocolate he consumed earlier on his breath. Shit I just...I just want to...touch him and feel him...and...and...kiss him.

Gasping at the thought, I fight to rid my mind of such atrocious connotations but to no avail. The way he's just looking at me with such soft eyes gauging my movements, is enough to drive me crazy. Oh god what's happening to me? How can I want him to take me on his island like a wild animal but in the same breath fear him and any advancement he might make towards me that's intimate?

Reading my eyes thoroughly, realization washes over Justin's face and I'd say he's well aware of what's on my mind. Sighing, he looks away from me seemingly opposed.

"You know I won't give in to you Bri, not with you like this." He states sternly. I'm painfully aware of what he means by that and I'm not liking him for it.

"Then just kiss me." I whisper, not able to contain myself anymore, desperately wanting to feel more of him but too terrified to initiate anything myself.

"No. I told you...I don't have that type of self-control with you."

"But..."

"No buts." He hisses angrily. "You will be mine Briana know that. But until then, I'm keeping my distance. I'm not going to pull you into my life unless you're ready. I don't want you to have any regrets and right now, if anything happens, there will be regrets, on your part at least. I don't want that." And with that said, he simply roots himself away from me before returning to his previous task of preparing something for us to eat, dismissing this situation all together.

Feeling slightly rejected and exposed, I hug myself, finally feeling the chill of the late night and the air condition circulating in his large spacious apartment.

Nothing else is said between us for a long while and remains that way until Justin finishes our meal and hands me my sandwich perfectly sliced in two on a porcelain plate.

Thanking him, I quickly pick up a slice and bite into it realizing that I'm hungrier that I thought.

In the middle of us eating in silence, his cell goes off, the shrilling sound bouncing off the walls of the quiet kitchen.

Rooting the phone from his jeans pocket, Justin excuses his self before he flips it open to talk.

"Yeah Scott." He answers the call and I wait patiently when I hear Scott's voice filtering through the line. After listening in silence to everything Scott tells him, Justin nods in response, a large grin forming over his face. "Well Brad better watch himself. His insolence could be a problem. But I'm glad you all calmed him down for the most part so I'll bring Briana home now." Justin states. Hesitating when Scott says something else to him, he glares at me briefly before replying. "Where am I? I'm at home why?" Sighing, Justin's hard persona starts showing as he continues to listen to his friend. "Does it matter Scott? It's my decision to make whether I want her here or not. I don't see what the issue is...yes and?"

Oh god what's Scott telling him? Justin doesn't seem to like it very much.

"No no, I'll be fine. When I drop her off, I come check you guys at Mark's. I'll just crash over there like we usually do. I'll probably bring her to get her rental tomorrow."

For some reason, Justin saying that disappoints me but I don't know why. I should just stay away from him. He clearly stated it was the best and wisest thing to do.

"Ok, I'll see you all in a few hours. Later." Hanging up, he takes in a deep breath before biting into his half eaten sandwich. "Get your things Bri, we're leaving." He demands after he swallows and in a flash, he's already moving out of the kitchen and away from me.

Sighing, I grab the other half of my sandwich then hop off the island before tossing the plate into the sink. Moving sluggishly, I exit the kitchen and head over to where I dropped my handbag so I can retrieve it and be ready for us to leave. I suddenly don't want to go. It's messed up how time changes a person's perception of certain things.

Pouting, I watch as Justin throws on his discarded shirt, grabs his keys, our helmets and moves towards the door to get his boots as he finishes off his sandwich. Well so much for that.

When we're both ready to head out the door, he stops short of swinging it open, turning around to face me with a thoughtful stare. "For what it's worth, I'm glad I brought you here Bri and I enjoyed your company." He beams and I smile, feeling somewhat better by that fact. I like this softer side of him. I could get use to it.

When I nod in response, he hands me my helmet and swings the door to his apartment open so we can leave. "Oh and one more thing..." Leaning forward, Justin moves to whisper in my ears just as we make it out into the large hallway. "Chocolate still is and will always be my favorite flavor." He whispers teasingly before kissing my cheek and pulling away.

Trying to suppress the blush that's creeping up on me, I bow my head shyly, not bothering to reply to his insinuation.

"You're too cute you know that?" Chortling at me, Justin securely locks his door and leads us to the elevators so he can take me home for the night, back to my dull, boring life that's...much to my distaste and surprise...is unfortunately separate from his.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: bikerj