Author's Chapter Notes:
Let me know if you're reading and liking!




 Part two-The fine line you cross

I been thinkin' how you're wastin'
All that lovin' on someone else, I can't take it
I will make you forget all about the one I'll be replacin'
So just say it



The opportunity came to easily really. Lets face it, making an album was time consuming. I’ve been there, done that plenty of times but for the time being, my celebrity status was at a stand still. This was JC’s time. Like I told you before, the man deserves this so I made myself available whenever possible to help him, support him or just to be there to listen to an idea that he was chasing around in his head. Fortunately for myself, that meant being around her. Yes, I know I’m the biggest ass in the world but Jace being constantly busy became a benefit to myself. You see, he was busy a lot. I took this opportunity one afternoon that he’d asked me to stop over at his house and pick up something. An afternoon she happened to be there alone and feeling vulnerable.

-----

I pulled my escalade up the winding hill until I reached his driveway. My black shades covering my blue eyes and blocking out the harsh rays of the California sun. I put my car into park, grabbing my keys and putting them in the pocket of  my baggy gray sweats.  I got out and walked up the steps to his door, not even knocking, just walking in because lets face it, the man was like my brother. He trusted me--sometimes I wonder why. I looked around the empty house, assuming no one was there if he needed me to pick something up for him and drop it off. Walking aimlessly down the narrow hallway that led to his master bedroom, I didn’t think anything of it as I opened the door and was sucker punched at the view that I was met with. She stood there, in nothing but a towel- her hair damp as if she’d just showered. If the wide deer eyes that stared back at me were any indication of what was going through her mind, I was in deep shit.

“JUSTIN! What the hell are you doing here?” she screamed as she tried to pull the towel tighter around her body, fumbling a little.

Shit. Had I just caught a glimpse of her breast? Of course from what I could see looked perfect. My heart sped up faster as I tired to search for the words to dig myself out of this before she beat the shit out of me.

“I’m so sorry, Erin-Jace asked me to come over and pick something up for him! He never mentioned you’d be home. Hell, I thought you’d be with him. I’m--I’m so sorry. I’ll just get out of here.” I stuttered quickly.

Her expression grew softer as I turned back around hearing my name called. “Justin, just- get what you need to get and I’ll go change in the bathroom, okay?”
I looked at her, wide eyes and was surprised a little bit. She wasn’t kicking me out? I should have fucking ran.

I scratched my head nervously going in the direction of the closet, looking for the folder JC needed. “Thanks. I’m really sorry.”

She nodded softly and spoke her assurances before I heard the adjoining bathroom door close.

Someone was laughing at me somewhere as I searched the filing cabinet. All I could picture was her perfectly tan, athletic body in their naked as she probably rubbed that lotion all over her that made her skin so damned silky and smell amazing. I cursed myself even more as my cell vibrated in the pocket of my sweats, sending me into an even bigger argument with myself. The name that blinked across the screen should have cleared my thoughts but they didn’t, for some reason they only made me angry. I hit ignore as I continued looking. My girlfriend was the last person I wanted to speak to right now. She was in god knows what country filming a movie with this actor and this actress and my time with her had been scarce. I craved the touch of another woman. A women that was spoken for. Yes, I’ll admit it. I’m the biggest ass hole on the planet and I hadn’t even done anything yet. My thoughts were a crime enough alone- wonderfully dirty, sweaty, sexual thoughts.

I’d finally found the dang folder JC wanted, 10 minutes later and grabbed it quickly before leaving the room in a rush. My mind began it’s own argument as I contemplated leaving or not. Should I stay and explain myself further and see what the hell she was doing home, walking around in nothing but the tiny scrap of her towel making me hard as hell or just make a hasty exit and pretend nothing ever happened?

What do you think I did? I might as well asked for the trouble to be handed to me on a silver platter because I stayed. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from JC’s fridge, twisting the cap off and taking a long drink and I waited-- with anticipation.

She came out from the bedroom a short five minutes later, dressed in yoga pants and a form fitting t-shirt, looking comfortable and tempting all at the same time. I followed her into the spacious living room, watching as she took a seat on one of the plush leather couches before flipping on the TV. I followed suit, sitting beside her, water bottle in one hand, the other nervously on my leg as I looked at her with big innocent blue eyes which was funny because innocent was the last of what I was feeling at that moment.

I took another long swig from the bottle as the cool liquid traveled down my throat before swallowing and turning to face her.

“I’m sorry Erin. I didn’t mean to just barge in on you like that. I swear, Jace never mentioned you’d be here.” I pleaded.

She nodded, turning towards me and propping her feet up on the coffee table in front of us and folding her arms protectively over her chest. “It’s fine Justin. Don’t even worry about it.”

I nodded, shocked I was off the hook. The awkward tension had seemed to dissipate immediately and I was grateful. I noticed she looked bothered, that something didn’t seem right about her. The usually bubbly personality she gave off had seemed to be no where in site. I wanted to console her, to wrap her in my arms and absorb whatever problems she was dealing with. I wanted to love her in ways I shouldn’t.  

“Are you okay? You seem upset.” I stated. She turned somber eyes on me, sitting up and tucking a leg underneath her body, and leaning back lazily.

“Fine Justin. Just….never mind. So you talked to Jace recently?”

I could tell it had something to do with him but was a little shocked. JC usually treated his girlfriends well and I knew for a fact, he was crazy about her.

“Um, yeah. He called me this morning.” I say as I tap my fingers on the knee of my jeans, trying to keep them occupied from touching her.

“Must me nice.” She muttered and turned back to the TV, flipping through the channels.

“Haven’t talked to him, recently I take it?” I bite my lip as I await her answer. I’m such a sick man. I’m hoping she says no, that he’s let her down somehow. Sick is only half of it. God, sometimes I hate myself.

“No, we’ve talked. Just all to brief conversations. I know he’s busy and I’m just being selfish. I just miss him, that’s all.”

“You’re not selfish, Erin. You have the right. Anything I can do?”  I ask cautiously. What are the chances that she’d ask me to carry her off to bed somewhere and make love with her until the sun came up? Yeah, sick is what I am.

She sighed deeply, her chest heaving as her breath exhaled. I tried not to stare as her perfectly shaped breasts moved along with them, sitting perfectly on her above her ribs. Turning sad, confused eyes to his, she finally spoke. “No thanks, Justin. I appreciate the offer though.”

If only she knew how far the offer went. I looked over at her, nodding in acknowledgment as I watched her posture. She’s moved to the edge of the couch now, her elbows resting on her knees, her head in her hands. Something tells me this goes beyond what she’s actually telling me. Is this my chance to jump the gun?

I move closer to her, one hand immediately going to her back, moving up in down in a comforting motion. I feel her tense, then relax. I move the brown curly hair that’s framed her face away, tucking it casually behind her ear. My fingertips brush her neck in the process and her skin immediately shivers. Did I do that to her? Is she feeling what I’m feeling, what I’m wanting? Because right now, all I want is her. I take a chance, and press the issue a little further. I have to know.

“What’s going on, Erin. You know you can tell me anything.” She looks up at me, eyes confused still, but I see so much more. She’s really looking at me, studying my face. Am I dreaming or something? She blinks a few times, looking somber before her head drops to my shoulder. A snake my arm around hers, pulling her closer, breathing her in before she finally explains.

“Things have been so different for Jace and I. I know he’s busy with his career, I know he deserves this and this is his time. I just-- things have changed. I’m not sure if I fit in anymore.”

I swallowed, nodding my head to let her know I’d heard her. “Jace loves you, Erin. A lot.” See. I can be a good guy.

“I know he does. I love him to. It’s just--it’s been so long since we’ve-.” She stops suddenly, her fingers suddenly still in her lap. My hearts beating faster, my thoughts going in every direction. I turn my head just a little, inhaling the sweet smell of her freshly washed hair. My lips moving it a little as I ask that one question I need to know. “Since you’ve what, Erin?”

Silence ticks away and I wonder how I’ve ended up here. It had been a little over a week ago since I couldn’t stop staring at her at the release party. A little over a month since I had started to look at her in different light, not as my best friends girl but as sexy, gorgeous, I-wish-she-were-mine, Erin. Since I found the curves of her body something to be admired, to be touched by my hands. Full and pouty lips that I wanted to feel against mine. I almost have to hold my breath as I wait for her answer. She finally turns to me, looking me square in the eye before she looks away and whispers. Her answer might just be the death of me. “Since we’ve made love.”

Was she really admitting this to me? As much as I felt for my best friend, my thoughts were selfish. I found it as a free ticket to get what I wanted from her. She was hurting, confused, probably feeling a little needy and instead of consoling her, I thought with my dick instead of my heart.

 I grabbed her jaw in my hand, running my thumbs softly over her cheeks, looking at her, silently asking permission. She looked back, her brown eyes staring at me wide and perplexed with what was going to happen next. I waited another second to see if she’d pull away, to see if she’d slap me for what she knew I was going to do but she didn’t. Her lips lay open slightly, almost silently begging and I did what it seemed we both wanted. I leaned forward as passion and want surged through me, my breath lingering with hers and I took a giant leap and for once I didn’t think anymore, I inched forward, quickly and surly with force and pent of passion until my lips met hers and yeah, I’m an ass because I just kissed her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair triangles justin