Author's Chapter Notes:
Well...this is it!! It's been sooo much fun writing this story, I can't even explain it! Thank you all so much for reading and reviewing...you have no idea how much I appreciate it!! It means the world to me! So THANK YOU!! I hope you like the last chapter!! I'm going to miss these three. But I do have another story in the works...so keep your eyes peeled. Thank you again for everything! It's been a fun ride!! Enjoy! - Whitney
I’d like to start out by saying that life is anything but predictable; but it sure is one hell of a ride. I bet you’re wondering what has happened since that fateful day in the hotel room. I still remember that moment like it was yesterday. Learning that the one woman who sets my heart on fire returns my feelings and hearing my daughter say her first words, I can’t even begin to explain the emotions that coursed through my heart that day. Everything fell into place that morning and I’ve been floating on cloud nine ever since.

It’s been over a year since Alyssa rang true to her promise and moved out to California. We found her an apartment near my house, even though I tried to convince her to move in with me, but she refused. She wanted us to go through any other normal dating period and I guess living together wouldn’t really qualify as normal right out of the gate. As for her career, Alyssa has settled into being an event planner for a local promotions company. Even though, she misses North Carolina I know California is starting to grow on her.

As for Cadence, she has grown so big over the past year and she’s a little devil on her feet. She’s walking and talking now and quite the looker. She’s just as beautiful as her mother; which might be a bit of a problem for me. Cadence is my baby and I can guarantee I will be the overprotective father when she gets older. I’m hoping I can control myself and not put a tracking device in her car like Hulk Hogan did to his sixteen year old daughter when she went out on her first date, but I’m not making any promises. Thankfully though, I have a long time before the boys come knocking on my door.

As for me, well I can’t ask for anything more. I have a healthy little girl, a wonderful girlfriend, a successful career and more love than most people could ever experience in their lifetime. However, there is one thing I still have left to do and I’ve been planning this since the day Alyssa moved out to California.

“Cadence, sweetie...” I call out to my daughter whose playing with her toys in the living room. “Can you clean up your toys…mommy’s going to be here soon and we need to be ready.” I say while crouching down towards her level.

Cadence looks up at me with her big blue eyes before rounding up all of her dolls. She gathers all of her dolls in her tiny arms before standing up on her feet and waddling down towards her room. Did I forget to mention that she’s the most well behaved little girl ever? I attribute that characteristic to me being her father. I smile at her retreating form before following her down the hallways towards her bedroom.

Quietly, Cadence is putting the dolls away in her toy chest when I walk in. She turns to look at me before walking over and reaching her hands up towards the sky. I reach down and lift her into my arms.

“Daddy…where mommy?” She asks in that voice that only a child can produce and melt your heart.

“She’s coming home from work…she’ll be here any second.” I say before running my hand over her soft long blond hair.

“Good…I’m ready…see.” She says before lifting her sweatshirt up and producing the t-shirt I just had made for her.

I smile at Cadence’s antics and give her a big kiss on the cheek. “I really need you to help Daddy tonight…you ready to be my assistant?”

“I be your asitant Daddy…” She proudly agrees before the door finally opens and we both hear Alyssa call out for us.

I push my hand into the air and Cadence swiftly gives me a high five before I set her down on the ground. Quickly, I pull her sweatshirt back down, covering the t-shirt and Cadence takes off down the hallways towards Alyssa.

I stand a take a deep breath before following my little girl out of the room, towards the one woman who completes everything that I am and ever will be.


Alyssa and I have finally returned to my house after enjoying a nice, quiet romantic dinner. Our hands are intertwined and she’s running her hand up and down the length of my arm. The shivers run down my spine at her touch and I know for the rest of my life, she’s the only one that will ever ignite that spark. Slowly, I open the door and allow my hand to fall to the small of her back while following her into the living room. Before Alyssa can get ahead of me and walk towards Cadence’s room, I pull her back and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her flush against my chest.

“I love you…” I say before gently pushing my lips to hers.

Alyssa’s arms wrap around my torso and she softly returns my kiss before pulling away. “I love you too Justin…”

The two of us just stand there in each other’s arms, enjoying the moment. She lays her head gently on my chest and her vanilla perfume attacks my nose. I take a deep breath before laying a kiss on the top of her head. She looks up at me with a smile on her face before she unravels herself from my hold and starts walking towards Cadence’s room. A smile takes over my face because I can’t wait to see her reaction once she sees what Cadence and my mom helped me plan.

I’m not more than a few steps behind Alyssa when she opens the door to Cadence’s bedroom. Her mouth drops open and I slip my hands on her waist before guiding her into the room.

“Justin, what is this?” She whispers, careful not to wake a sleeping Cadence.

“This is my surprise…” I say while looking around at all of the roses lining Cadence’s room.

“How many are there?” She asks before walking up to Cadence’s bed.

“Five dozen…” I answer before she leans over Cadence’s bed and bends down to give her a kiss. However, Alyssa’s body halts mid-bend and her hand rises to cover her mouth. She turns to look at me with tears clouding her eyes and I step up next to her before bending down on one knee. Carefully, I slip the necklace off Cadence’s neck and take the shiny ring off the chain.

“Alyssa…” I start before stopping and taking a deep breath. “I love you with all of my heart and nothing would make me happier than being with you for the rest of my life. So Cadence and I have something to ask you…” I say shakily, I’m trying to keep myself under control but the feelings are so strong and they’re practically consuming my entire being.

“Cadence…honey…” I whisper and my little girl starts to stir. She rubs her hands over her eyes and she lets out a yawn.

“You ready?” I ask and she nods her head.

I help Cadence slip the sweatshirt that was previously guarding my secret off her tiny body and reveals a plain white t-shirt with writing that makes Alyssa gasp. I reach for Alyssa’s hand before Cadence proudly asks.

“Will you marry my daddy?”

Alyssa has tears running down her cheeks and I slip the ring over her finger just as she happily agrees. I can feel my heart pounding and I’ve never felt more complete in my entire life. We are finally going to be the family I knew we could be.

“Yes…yes….I’ll marry you.” Alyssa repeats before wrapping her arms around my neck and laying kiss after kiss across my lips.

“I love you so much…” I say in between kisses.

“I love you too Justin, now until forever.”

Completed
WhitneyJT is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked Do You also liked 590 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj