Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey there!! Sorry it took me so long to update...I apologize, I've just been super busy. Guess what though?! It's my birthday Thursday!! YAY! :) I love birthdays...they're the best. Ok..enough about me, enjoy the chapter! Things are definitely going to get a little interesting now! :) Please please review...I love to hear from you all!
“Trace…seriously man, I already told you…it’s not like that between Alyssa and I.” I can feel a small headache coming on and I immediately draw my hands to my temples. I don’t know how many times I’ve told Trace that having sex with Alyssa is just not going to happen. Ever since I mentioned her, he hasn’t gotten off my back about it and it’s been over a month. “I don’t want to sleep with her.”

“Whatever man! All you ever talk about is Alyssa this and Alyssa that. I’m just pointing out the obvious.” Trace mocks into the phone. Its days like today I question why he’s my best friend.

“She’s a good friend…how many ways do I have to say it?” That headache I was talking about is now in full force. “She’s a bud, a pal, an amigo, a fucking friend. Damn Trace, you’re worse than the paparazzi.”

Suddenly, I hear him laughing. “Alright man, jeez. She’s a friend. Call me later when your panties aren’t in a bundle.” Click.

That asshole. He calls me, gives me the third degree and then proceeds to hang up on me. What is with people today?

Realizing I need to get out of this hotel room, I threw on a pair of gym shorts and headed out for a run. There’s something about working out that soothes my nerves and calms me down. I love to hear the rhythmic pounding of my feet on the concrete. With each step I take, I can feel myself distress. I let everything go when I’m running and it’s probably one of the few times my guard is completely down. I don’t pay attention to anything or anyone around me; I’m completely one with the road.

After running for an hour, I was in serious need of a shower. But not before stopping by to say hey to Alyssa. I figured I would find her in her office so I made a bee line to the events building. However, I wasn’t expecting the lights to be turned off and the doors locked. It’s only five o’clock and Alyssa is usually around till six or seven. Where the hell is she?

Deciding I should probably just head to my room, I made my way back inside the hotel. I guess my head was busy thinking of all the places Alyssa could be and I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going because suddenly I felt a hard smack on my ass. Whipping around I turned to look at the culprit.

“Hey there Mrs. Smith.” I calmly managed to say. That fucking hurt!! I swear to God that woman must lift weights or something. She can’t weigh more than a hundred pounds but she hits me with Muhammad Ali strength.

“Hey there good lookin’, where are you off to in such a rush?” She says in a full southern drawl.

Trying to suppress the pain, I put a smile on my face and took a step back. “Back to my room, I just got done working out.”

She noticeably eyes me up and down and I start to feel dirty. She’s eighty years old and is checking me out like she’d devour me if she got the chance.

“I could definitely help clean you up.” Mrs. Smith confesses.

Oh lord, she could be my Grandmother and she’s flirting with me. Plastering a fake smile on my face, I lean in and softly say, “Maybe some other time. I’ll see you around Mrs. Smith.”

Before she can make another comment, I’m already at the elevator and repeatedly punching the buttons to take me up to my room. Once the doors shut, I let out a huge breath of air. I guess I was holding my breath a little longer than intended. I haven’t seen Alyssa all day and I am starting to worry about her. Normally, she’ll find me sometime throughout the day or we’ll get lunch but I haven’t heard a thing. Shaking the negative thoughts from my head, I open the door to my room.

“What’s up stud?”

That voice has been a part of my everyday routine and I smiled when I recognized it. “What are you doing in my room?”

“Well…I finished work a little early so I thought I’d come and say hello but you weren’t around. I figured you went out for a bit and decided I might as well just hang out till you get back.” She said while tossing her magazine aside. “Where were you?”

“Getting molested by Mrs. Smith.” She bursts out laughing but I don’t think it’s very funny. “Before that though, I went out for a run.”

“Nice…what do you have going on now?” She asks turning her bright blue eyes up at me.

“Going to take a shower and then who knows?” I answered before heading into the bathroom and closing the door. I couldn’t be any happier to have these walls separating us because something’s different about her tonight. For starters, her hair is straightened and laying wispily around her face and she’s wearing make-up which accentuates her blue eyes. What am I doing? She’s just a friend, wasn’t I defending this shit earlier to Trace? But it’s hard to deny how pretty she looks in normal clothes and not her work uniform. Seriously, I need to stop this…it’s just Alyssa. Turning the faucet on cold, I climbed in and let the cool water calm my thoughts.

Not long after getting into the shower, I heard the door creek open. “Do you want to watch a movie?” Alyssa calls out to me.

“Yeah sure…put something in. I’ll be right out.” I said trying my best to make her leave the bathroom.

“I’m bored sitting in there.” She says while pushing herself up onto the counter top.

“Well last time I checked, I didn’t invite you into the bathroom while I’m showering.” I joked while poking my head around the curtain, making sure it was snug against my body. The last thing I need now is her seeing my cash and prizes.

Alyssa raises her eyebrows at me and then saunters up to the curtain. Gently, she tugs on it and I tighten my grip. “Justin, if I wanted to see you naked this little curtain won’t stop me.” She turns on her heels and just as quickly as she came she was gone.

Immediately, I shut the water off and wrap a towel securely around my body. I hurry up and change into a pair of lounge pants and a grey t-shirt. Walking outside, I notice Alyssa is completely sprawled out on my bed flipping through the channels.

“Make yourself comfortable.” I tease before giving her a shove and sitting down next to her.

“Justin you have this huge place to yourself…can’t a girl catch a break and enjoy a suite every once and awhile.”

“You fucking work here. Don’t you get deals and rooms all the time?” I said before swiping the remote away from her hand and putting on a movie.

“I would but I never go anywhere so I don’t use those deals.” She says solemnly. I can tell that’s a sore subject for her and the curiosity is starting to get to me.

“Why don’t you ever go on vacation or go visit someone?”

“Because my family is only a couple hours away from me so it’s just not worth it. If I go anywhere, it’s back home. I don’t have the money, time or drive to leave North Carolina.”

Even though I know that’s the way Alyssa likes to live, I can’t help but feel sorry for her. She’s never really been given the chance to explore what the world has to offer. Here I am, in her element and for me this is just a temporary solution to my life, but for Alyssa this is reality. We come from two very different worlds but it’s refreshing to have her in my life. She offers a completely different perspective and she breaks everything down to its simplest forms. No drama, no complications just straight truth.

“When I go back to California will you come visit me?” I asked turning to face her.

“I don’t know. I can’t promise that I will because when I make a promise, I don’t break it. But we’ll see Justin.” She answers before throwing a blanket over her legs and positioning the pillows behind her back.

Although, it wasn’t really the answer I was looking for I have to respect her wishes. I don’t want to push for anything I know she’s not ready for and coming to California to experience my life is definitely something she doesn’t really want. I guess it would be a little strange blending my secluded life with my very much public life.

Suddenly a shrill shrieking sound blasted through the room and Alyssa darted up from the bed. Running over to her purse, she grabbed her phone and flipped it open.

“What’s up Ryan?” Isn’t that her best friend from back home? Oh yeah…it’s neighbor boy.

“Oh my god, that’s awesome!!! When are you coming?” This can’t be good.

“Definitely…well I can take some vacation from work since I have the Fourth of July party already planned and hang out with you. I can’t wait to see you…it’s been forever. Sounds good babe! Love you!” She says before hanging up and turning to look at me. I must look like a deer caught in headlights because I completely listened in on her conversation.

“That was Ryan, my best friend from back home. He’s going to come out to visit this weekend.” She says nearly jumping on the bed full of excitement.

“That sounds great! I can’t wait to meet him.” I managed to mumble out, trying my best to sound enthused. I don’t even know why I’m acting this way…Alyssa and I are nothing but friends. I guess I enjoy having her to myself all the time and now neighbor boy sweeps back into town.

She smiled brightly up at me. “It’ll be just the three of us.”

“Great.”
________________________________________________________________________

Do you ever have the feeling, where you know something is going to go wrong and you’re completely powerless to stop it? Yeah, I’ve had the feeling all week. Neighbor boy arrives in t-minus one hour. Can you tell I’m thrilled? I feel kind of bad because Alyssa has been bouncing around this place like a kid at Toy-R-Us. I know I should be more enthused to meet someone who’s important to her but I just have this nagging feeling that something’s about to go very wrong.

Right now, we’re wasting time in her office before he shows up and it’s nice to have a couple minutes alone with her. “Alyssa!!!” A voice calls from the front doors.

Alyssa literally knocks her chair over and goes running outside of her office in search of the intruder, I mean guest.

“Ryaaannn!!” She screams while jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his waist. He encircles his arms around her small frame and spins her around before gently placing her back on the floor.

“You’re early…oh man, it’s been so long. I missed you!” She says giving him another hug. Is it just me or is that a lot of touching going on for just friends?

“I thought I’d surprise you! I missed you too Lys.” Oh sick, here go the nicknames.

Putting on the best smile I could muster, I step towards the two of them. “Hey there Ryan. I’m Justin; Alyssa’s talked a lot about you.” I say while extending my hand to him.

Ryan reaches out and shakes my hand but not before giving me a weird glare. “Funny, she hasn’t said anything to me about you.” Wow, if that doesn’t make me feel like a piece of shit.

Alyssa gently hits him in the stomach and sends him a warning glance. “Be nice Ryan. I like this guy.”

“Whatever. Let’s head out to your house Lys, I want to get rid of these bags and catch up.”

Alyssa looks at me apologetically for Ryan’s comments and I know she’s about to ditch me. “Justin…I’m going to take Ryan back to my place. I’ll be back here later tonight though.” She reaches up and wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me into her. “I’m sorry about him. I’ll call you later though stud.” She whispers into my ear and then let’s go.

I try my best to keep my voice steady. “No problem. Have fun catching up. It was nice to meet you Ryan.”

“Yeah, you too Justin. Come on Lys!” He says while practically dragging her out of the events building. She looks back at me and mumbles I’m sorry before continuing to walk with him back to their cars. Well that nagging feeling I’ve been having was definitely right on. This guy is an asshole and I don’t like him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj