Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey there!! How's it going? Well here's the newest update. I hope you like it! Please Please review...I love to hear from you all! I really really appreciate them! :) Enjoy!
There’s a saying “He who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.” These past three months that I’ve spent in North Carolina has only solidified that meaning. Alyssa is by far the best person I could’ve ever met on this vacation. She is the epitome of what a loyal and honest friend should be. She was there to just listen and take my mind off of all my worries. Alyssa let me be me and that’s more than what I could’ve asked for.

I can’t believe how fast these past three months have gone by and to think this time tomorrow night, I’ll be back in California is strange. I’ve grown so accustomed to this place, these people and this lifestyle. Being thrust back into the lights and fame will be difficult especially when I am used to all the privacy I want. Even though I miss my house, my family and my dogs…I’ll miss this place more just because for three months I was able to be Justin without the superstardom attached.

After spending the weekend with Alyssa’s parents I got a real sense of who she is as a person. Alyssa is a real family person through and through. That by far is her most attractive quality to me. She cares deeply for those around her and everything you give her she gives back ten fold. Those people are rare to come by and I know I’m lucky to call her a friend.

That’s why I’ve been busy all day putting together a surprise for her. Just a little something to say thank you for everything she’s done for me. Alyssa is planning on spending the night with me and taking me to the airport bright and early. I know she’s been dreading this day for the past week but she said there was nothing that would stop her from seeing me off.

It’s starting to get late and Alyssa still hasn’t shown. She left work early to run home and change before coming over but she’s definitely taking longer than I thought. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and I felt my heart jump. The final night was upon us and now that it was here…I felt like the one dreading it. Slowly, I made my way to the door and opened it. However, I wasn’t prepared for the sight before my eyes. Alyssa was standing there with a hooded sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back. Hesitantly, she drew her eyes up to meet mine and my heart practically broke in two. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were stained with fallen tears. Softly, I smiled and pulled her to my chest.

“I don’t want you to go…” She whimpered into my shoulder.

“Don’t cry Lyssa…I can’t take seeing you upset.” I whispered as I softly rubbed her arms. “I promise I’ll come back and I expect you to come see me.”

“It won’t ever be the same though. That’s what’s so hard. We won’t ever have the simplicity of this summer anymore.” She sighed.

“I’m not going to lie to you and say my life doesn’t complicate things because it does. But when it comes to us…I’ll try my hardest to keep it just between you and me. I promise.” Softly, I wiped the tears off her cheeks and planted a small kiss there instead.

Finally, she smiled softly before releasing me from her arms. I never like to see anyone cry, but its gut wrenching to see someone you care about hurting. It feels like someone sucker punched me in the stomach. I definitely do not want to be the reason to make her cry anymore.

I let my hand slide down her arms and intertwined our fingers. Lightly, I tugged on her hand and pulled her down next to me on the bed. “Don’t be sad…it’s our last night together. Besides, how can you be sad when I got you a surprise?”

Her eyes lit up and a genuine smile overtook her face. “Justin, you didn’t have to do that…”

I raised my hand and put a finger to her lips to silence her. “I wanted to. But it’s nothing tangible…”

Alyssa raised an eyebrow at me. “Oookkk…”

I stood up and walked over to the chair to pull out my guitar from behind it. Alyssa brought her hand to her mouth when she saw it. “Justin…you didn’t…”

I laughed. “Oh, I did…now I don’t ever and I mean ever write a song for anyone. Except for that whole Britney thing but moving quickly along…You’re different and this song is different. This is my way of saying thanks. For letting me find myself again with your help and your friendship.”

Alyssa tucked her legs underneath her and put her arms in her lap. She looked on eagerly as I brought the guitar to my legs. Gently, I stroked the strings over and over as the melody began to fulfill the room. I let myself get lost in music before letting my heart sing.

Staring out at the rain with a heavy heart
It's the end of the world in my mind
Then your voice pulls me back like a wake up call
I've been looking for the answer somewhere
I couldn't see that it was right there
But now I know what I didn't know

Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself when nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has twice as many stars in the sky

It's alright, I survived, I'm alive again
Cause of you, made it though every storm
What is life, what's the use if you're killing time
I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there when all my hopes fell
I want to fly, looking in your eyes

Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself when nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has twice as many stars in the sky
Because you live, I live

Because you live there's a reason why
I carry on when I lose the fight
I want to give what you've given me always


After strumming the last chord, I opened my eyes and turned to look at Alyssa. I’m not going to lie; I was scared out of my mind as to what she would think. I had never sung in front of her before let alone write a song for her. However, all my worries disappeared when my eyes met hers. There were fresh tears brimming her eyes and smile as wide as the ocean playing on her face.

“That was beautiful Justin…I don’t know what to say…”

I set my guitar down before turning towards her. “You don’t have to say anything…I didn’t know any other way to say thank you for what you’ve done. When I came to North Carolina…I was completely lost. I didn’t even know if music was what I wanted to do anymore. But you changed everything for me. You didn’t care about my past or even a side of my life that most people use me for…you just wanted to know the real me. You restored my faith in people…you have no idea how much I am in debt to you.”

The tears that were threatening to fall were now rolling down her cheeks. I reached my hand up and brushed them away again before pulling her close to me and kissing her lips. It wasn’t a passionate or lustful kiss. But one of friendship and closure, exactly what we needed. Alyssa slowly pulled away and I found myself being the one who wanted more.

But the shrieking of her cell phone was enough to pull me from my daze. I had never felt that way after kissing her before and I certainly didn’t need to start the night before flying back to California.

“Hey Ryan…” She said after picking up her phone.

Ahhh…neighbor boy again. I seriously despise that guy.

“No…I can’t. I’m taking Justin to the airport tomorrow morning.” She said with a strain in her voice. This can’t be good…

“Ryan…I’m not going to get into this right now with you. He’s my friend and that’s all that should matter. I’ll call you tomorrow after I drop him off.” She said while bringing a hand to her head and rubbing her temples.

“Talk to you later…” Alyssa said quickly before shutting her phone and then turning it off.

I raised an eyebrow at her as she hopped back on the bed next to me.

“Sorry…”

“Don’t be. Is everything ok?” I genuinely wanted to know but part of me wanted to know what that asshole said about me too.

Alyssa grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers before explaining. “Yeah, everything will be fine. You two must’ve really rubbed each other the wrong way because whenever I’m with you, he’s short and snappy.”

“I didn’t even say much to the guy…” I said looking at her.

“I know you didn’t. He’s just a little protective of me. Can we change the subject…I don’t feel like talking about Ryan anymore.”

I reached for the remote and turned the TV on. Mindlessly, I flipped the channels before settling on an old movie. Alyssa snuggled closer to my side and I wrapped my arm around her. The smell of vanilla bean attacked my nose and her warmth put my senses on high. I felt her hand move to rest on my leg and that literally put me on edge.

“I’m going to miss these times…” Alyssa said softly before looking at me.

“Me too…” I said before reaching up to caress her cheek.

“Justin…” She murmured before I crashed my lips onto hers. I felt every part of myself being set on fire and I wanted nothing more than to rush this kiss but this moment was special for the both of us.

Alyssa shifted on the bed before maneuvering herself to straddle my legs. I felt the weight of her on my lap and the touch of her hands was enough to drive me insane. I know I shouldn’t be doing this but I don’t care anymore. I had been fighting these feelings for her for so long now…I don’t care that I am leaving tomorrow because tonight is going to be perfect.

Alyssa reached her hands underneath my shirt before pulling it up over my head and discarding it on the floor. My hands immediately entangled themselves in her hair and I pull her closer. I couldn’t get enough of her…her smell, her taste, her touch. I wanted every part of her. My hands explored every inch of her body and it was becoming harder to control myself.

I grasped her shirt before lifting it up and throwing it on the floor along with the rest of our clothes. Softly, I cradled her in my arms as I moved us down on the bed and pulled the covers over us. My breathing was ragged and I felt my pulse quicken when our eyes met.

“Justin…” She whispered.

I never knew how your own name can send shivers down your spine when spoken in that way. “Alyssa…are you sure?” I asked. The last thing I would ever want is for her to be uncomfortable with this.

“Yes…please Justin. I need you.” She said lustfully. I parted her legs and gently pushed myself inside. Her walls tightened at my entrance and I had to stop and compose myself before continuing in a slow movement. Our bodies started to move in sync and my lips never left hers as I pulsed in and out. Alyssa wrapped her arms around me and locked her legs at the ankles. I quickened my pace when I felt her getting close and the tremors start to take over her body. She dug her nails into my back and I felt her walls tighten around me. Hurriedly, I worked my hips into hers and finally reached my release before collapsing on top of her. I slowly rolled off of her to lie next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her flush against me.

“That was amazing…” She said with sleep laced through her voice.

Gently, I kissed her lips. “Absolutely…”

Alyssa snuggled closer to my chest and wrapped her arms around me. “Night Justin…”

“Good night Alyssa…” I said before closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep almost immediately. Who said friends couldn’t sleep with each other? Besides…it was only a one time thing.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj