Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is butterfly since people were looking for it.. i think it may have been under a different name though :)
Chapter One.

Little Alexandra watched silently as her father spoke with her mother. She knew something was wrong, but they kept on telling her that it was nothing. As they finished speaking she saw her mother nod and her father walked towards her slowly.

“Daddy?” Alexandra asked the tall man. Her father smiled softly and knelt down in front of her, pulling her into a hug.

“Alexandra...” he whispered, and Alexandra felt herself about to cry.

“Daddy, where are you going?” Alexandra asked looking over his shoulder and seeing his big suitcases by the door. Her father pulled back and looked over his shoulder at the suitcases.

“I’m going away for a while,” he said sadly.

“When will you be back?” she asked and he kissed her fore head.

“Soon,” he said and slowly stood up.

“Promise?” she asked, putting her thumb in her mouth and sucking it out of nervousness. He smiled down at her, and took her small hand in his.

“I promise,” he said, then he let go of her hand and walked away. That was the last time Alexandra remembered seeing her father, he didn’t come back.


Ten years later.


A young girl with brunette curls stepped out of the black van and smiled. She had her father’s eyes and her mother’s smile, or so many people had said. But she had never really known her father, and as for her mother, well that was a whole other story.

She looked up in front of her and stared for a while at the big poster that had been palstered to the wall of the building.

“Are you okay?” the older man who had driven her there asked. She just nodded and continued staring up at the poster. It was a poster of a man, a man who seemed so familiar to her, yet so strange.


JC stood leaning against the doorframe watching the young girl sing her heart out into the microphone. He smiled to himself because he was sure that this time Johnny had found the best.

“She’s amazing Johnny,” JC stated, not taking his eyes of the young girl. “Where’d you find her? She’s a definite keeper.” Johnny laughed lightly and adjusted the volume on the recording device.

“At an open mike night down at Louie’s on Friday. You think this is good? Wait till you hear her play the guitar, she’s great,” Johnny said and leaned forward to his own mike to talk to the girl. “Hey, Alexa? Why don’t we show Jayce over here that song you played on Friday at Louie’s?” The young girl, Alexa, blushed shyly, but nodded and grabbed her guitar from the corner. “Listen to this.”

After a few moments, Alexa sat on a near by stool and began to strum a few cords on the guitar, warming up. Then she began to play one of the most harmonic tunes JC had ever heard.

“Wow,” was all he could say as he watched mesmerized.

“I know,” Johnny agreed and they watched in silence as Alexa sang along to her song. There was something strangely familiar about Alexa to JC, he couldn’t quite say what it was, but what ever it was he liked it.


That night when JC went home he opened up the albums and looked through them. The memories came flooding back, and he wondered when he’d ever get to see his little girl again.

He sat there looking at her photo, and smiled. She looked a lot like him, or so he’d been told. She had his blue eyes, and his frizzy curls, she even had his smile. But it had been over ten years since his ex-wife Laney had driven him away. And when he’d gone back to the house to get his daughter, Laney had up and disappeared, leaving no clue as to where they had gone.

He’d hired many detectives to try and find his family, but all came up with dead ends, suggesting that maybe Laney had changed their names and moved out of the country.

JC felt tears in his eyes as he remembered this, and slowly shut the album. He leaned his head back against the chair and put Alexa’s tape in the player. Her soft melodic voice filled the room, and he found it comforting. He fell asleep knowing that somewhere out there, his daughter was waiting for him.


Alexa sighed as she pulled out the tattered shoe box from under her bed and opened it. She smiled to herself as she remembered the day’s events and shifted through the miscellaneous photos in the box. She stopped at one in particular and picked it up gingerly.

“You would have been so proud of me today daddy,” she whispered to the photo of a young man in a white suit. The photo was old and for the most part she really couldn’t see the face of the man, but it was all she had to remember her father by. “I got a record deal,” she added and hummed a few lines of the song she had sung to Johnny earlier in the day.

She felt tears in her eyes and wondered where he was, what he was doing and most importantly if he missed her. She didn’t really remember him, but the only thing she did recall was the sound of his voice at night when he used to sing her to sleep.

“Alexa is that you? What you doing in there?” the sound of her mother’s harsh voice interrupted her thoughts, Alexa sighed, carefully replacing the photo back in the box. “Come out here and get me a pack of cigarettes from the store!” Her mother yelled again. Alexa got off her bed and replaced the box back under the bed before going to her mother. “Alexa did you not hear me!”

“Yes mom, I’m coming!” Alexa called back and walked out of the room closing the door softly behind her. One day she’d find her father and when she did she would be out of here, forever.


“Good morning Alexa,” Mandy, Johnny’s assistant, greeted Alexa as she arrived later that week to begin recording for her new single.

“Morning Mandy,” Alexa smiled, “Is Johnny here yet?”

“Sure, just through there,” Mandy replied pointing at the doors just to the left of the reception area. Alexa smiled in appreciation, and readjusting her guitar case she headed towards the door.

“Thanks,” she called over her shoulder to Mandy and swung the door open. When she stepped inside she noticed Johnny sitting on a plush chair waiting for her already, with him sat his friend that had come see her record a few days back.

“Alexa, you’re here finally. Good to see you, how was your week?” Johnny asked her noticing her walk in, he stood up and gave her a hug. She had only known him for a week, almost, but Johnny was already treating her like a daughter.

“Hi Johnny,” she replied smiling shyly, “It was good.”

“Great,” Johnny said pulling back and gesturing over to the guy that was standing next to him. “Alexa, do you remember last week when you played for the one of my friends?”

“Yeah,” Alexa said remembering him.

“Well, he’s back. This is JC,” Johnny replied pointing to JC.

“Hi Alexa,” JC said smiling softly at the girl, Alexa blushed.

“Hi,” she said shyly, there was something familiar about him that she couldn’t quite place.

“Well JC heard you last week and thought you sounded so good he wanted to come in and hear you record again is that okay?” Johnny asked softly and Alexa nodded.

“Sure,” she replied and Johnny grinned.

“Okay well let’s get going then,” Johnny said and pushed open the door to the recording booth so Alexa could step inside. Alexa smiled gratefully and stepped inside, noticing all the while, JC looking at her with curiosity. “Okay Alexa, why don’t you get warmed up first while Jayce and I finish discussing a few things okay?” Alexa nodded and pulled out her guitar, beginning to tune it and get it ready.

As she tightened the guitar’s strings she looked up and Johnny and JC were talking intently, every now and then glancing her way. She didn’t know what they were talking about, but she knew what ever it was it was definitely good.


JC smiled as he watched Alexa warm up. He knew that Johnny had really found a gem this time in Alexa.

“Jayce? Are you even listening?” Johnny asked cutting through his thoughts. JC blushed and glanced at Johnny, he didn’t want to be seen as some sort of perve but there was something mesmerizing about that girl that made JC not listen to a word Johnny was saying.

“What were you saying Johnny?” JC asked, now focusing his attention on Johnny. Johnny leaned back in his chair and laughed.

“I was asking if you wanted to produce some of her songs.” Johnny asked shaking his head at JC, “Or was you too busy thinking nasty things about her? She’s too young for you Jayce. She could be your daughter.” JC blushed and looked at Johnny.

“I wasn’t thinking of her like that,” JC said, “There’s just something familiar about her. She reminds me of Alexandra.” Johnny smiled and looked at Alexa.

“Yeah, she kindda looks like her doesn’t she? I mean from the last time I saw her, but then again that was ten years back,” Johnny stated studying Alexa’s face, JC was right there was something familiar about the girl.

“Yeah, I guess,” JC said now getting uncomfortable with the conversation. “So what were you asking me anyways?”

“Oh, that. I wanted to know if you wanted to produce some of her songs,” Johnny said and JC nodded.

“Yeah definitely. She’s a definite talent. I’d love to do anything that connected me to talent like that,” JC accepted and glanced back at Alexa, definitely.

“Great,” Johnny said smiling, then he leaned forward and spoke into the mike. “Hey Alexa, guess what you’ve just got yourself one of the hottest producers to work with you. JC Chasez.” Alexa looked up from her guitar at the sound of Johnny’s voice and smiled, it was a million dollar smile.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc