Chapter Nine.
Ten Years Later.


There’s one thing I know for sure,
She was sent here from heaven and she’s
Daddy’s little girl.


JC stood outside the chapel doors waiting nervously for his daughter to come so that he could walk her down the aisle. He looked around, to his left, then to his right and pattered around anxiously.


As I drop my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank God for all the joy in my life


“Jayce,” JC looked up and saw Chris standing by him, smiling his old man smile. “Good luck.”

“Thanks,” JC said smiling and looked around him, wondering where she was.

“Daddy?” He found himself smiling at the sound of her voice and turned to face her, his whole breath went away.


Oh, but most of all
For the butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer:
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.


“Alexa honey, you look amazing,” JC said smiling at his daughter and how beautiful she was. She blushed softly and smiled.

“Thank you daddy,” she said and walked over to him giving him a kiss on the cheek.


“Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it’s my first ride.”
“I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried.”
In all that I’ve done wrong I know I must
Have done something right to deserve a hug
Every morning and Butterfly kisses at night.


JC smiled at Alexa and took her hand in his. She looked so much like her mother, yet a lot like him. With her brown curls up in a bun, held together with little white flowers, and her eyes shinning like never before.

“Are you ready?” he asked her and she nodded.

“Yes daddy. But don’t let go of my hand till its okay,” she said, and JC nodded, he wouldn’t.


Sweet 16 today
She’s looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying out her wings in a great big world.


JC took a deep breath in and looked at his daughter. She definitely had grown up, she was now a woman and he was proud of her.

“Daddy?” Alexa asked and JC stepped out of his trance.

“Yeah honey?” he asked softly, the grip on her hand getting tighter, he was nervous.

“I’ll be okay,” she said and he smiled. They pushed the doors open and began walking down the aisle, towards her new life.


But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer, sticking
Little white flowers all up in her hair.
“You know how much I love you, Daddy, But if you
Don’t mind I’m only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time.”
With all that I’ve done wrong I must have done
Something right to deserve her love every morning
And butterfly kisses at night.


With each step that he took, JC felt his heart tighten. He had only just got her back, or so it felt. And now he was giving her to someone else to love. He felt the tears brimming his eyes as he remembered the past ten years.

How he’d found her, and kept her warm and safe, away from her mother. He knew that Danny was a good guy, but no one would ever be good enough for his little girl, not now or ever.


All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by
Precious butterfly
Spread your wings and fly


They reached the end of the aisle, and Alexa looked at him smiling.

“Daddy, it’s okay to let go of my hand now,” she said softly. JC smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

“I know honey, I’m just scared,” he whispered into her ear. She laughed lightly and smiled at him.

“What are you afraid of daddy?” she asked and he blushed.

“I’m afraid of loosing my little girl,” he said softly, there were tears in her eyes too.

“Its okay daddy,” she said, “I’ll be alright.”


She’ll change her name today.
She’ll make a promise and I’ll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I’m thinking and I said “I’m not
Sure- I just feel like I’m losing my baby girl.”
She leaned over and gave me butterfly kisses with her mamma there,
Sticking white flowers all up in her hair.
“Walk me down the aisle, Daddy- it’s just about time.”
“Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don’t cry!”


JC looked at her, and she looked like a gem. She was so beautiful, he knew she would be alright but something in him didn’t want to listen.

“Jayce come on,” Johnny whispered in his ear and gently pulled him away. Johnny glanced at the priest to let him begin the ceremony.

“We are gathered here today…” the priest began, with JC’s eyes still on his daughter.


Oh, with all that I’ve done wrong I must have
Done something right.
To deserve your love every morning and butterfly
Kisses- I couldn’t ask God for more, man this is what love is.


“So do you Alexandra Kylie Chasez take this man to be your husband, to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?” the priest asked, JC felt the tears flowing.

“I do,” Alexa whispered softly.

“Then, with the power invested in me I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Then with every thing that he had in him, JC let her go. Because one thing was for sure, she was still his little girl. For now and forever.


I know I gotta let her go, but I’ll always remember
Every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses.

Completed
angel_from_africa is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Butterfly also liked 228 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc