Story Notes:

I just hope you are able to enjoy more of Arianna's sarcastic humor and Justin's super ability to not kill her. 

 

I can always use feedback, no matter what kind, to help know what you like and what you don't and where I need to go with the story. 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here's a new start on a new story. let me know what you think.
It has been six months since I have finally confessed to Justin Timberlake that I really do love him. Since then so much has happened. Justin has made it known to the public that he is not on the market, but we have agreed that I do not need to be in the public eye. I am aware that with Justin being 'off the market' causes a media frenzy to get pictures of his girlfriend which is me. I am also aware that I am brilliant at hiding from the cameras. It is amusing to me how intimidating my bodyguards can be. We have actually done really well with looking boring which apparently repels the media.

Justin has actually joined me on some training sessions with my men. He has learned quite a bit of martial arts that he is planning on using to his advantage in his up and coming action movie. He wants to do more of his own stunts and this may help him to prove himself. I was also able to teach him how to use several different types of weapons including guns and swords. The sword lessons amused me greatly.

Justin has gone back into the studio and has started on his next album which he is excited about. While Justin spends the majority of his time in the studio, I spend my time at the mansion helping out with training and whatever else needs to be done. James and I have gotten a few new 'clients' that we are looking into and researching to make sure all is legit.

Now for the biggest news that has come up in the six months. Chase finally got the nerve to ask Tabbetha to marry him, and of course, she said yes. Now we have a wedding to plan and fast. She does not want a long engagement. I think this is because she has somehow convinced me of letting her use the mansion to be the place for the wedding and the reception, and she does not want to give me time to change my mind.

I have work I have to keep up to date on. I have a super popular boyfriend that I love but makes my work a little more difficult. I have my best friends' wedding to help coordinate that is making my life hell. I have to make sure that everything I do and all decision that I make do not bring any unnecessary danger to those I care about while al of this is going on, and to top it off my boyfriend is arguing with me and I want to kill him right now.

All of this leads to today's issue - family. For the past couple of days, Justin and I have been arguing over going to visit our families. He knows I am not close to mine so he does not push that, but he will not stop trying to push me to meet his. I have no desire to do the whole 'meet the parents' routine. He does not get that, and he is about to push my last button on this issue.

"I just don't understand what the big deal is? It isn't like I'm forcing you to go home with me to meet them." Justin practically yells at me from where he is sitting on my bed. "It isn't even my whole family that will be there, just my mom and my stepdad."

I walk out of my bathroom with the most annoyed looks on my face. "I already told you that I won't go. I don't care if its the entire family down to your 5th cousin twice removed or just your mom alone. I am not meeting the family." I tell him as I walk out of my room and proceed to walk downstairs.

"This is just a little ridiculous. You are making this into some dramatic affair. You are important to me and this is important to me and I figured if you loved me this would be important to you too."

I stop at the bottom of the stairs and whip around to glare at him. "Do not pull that 'if you loved me' bullshit with me. I do love you and there should not be a certain way to prove this. I'm not going." I finalize as I walk out of the room to go to the kitchen to make a few phone calls. I choose to ignore Tabbetha that is sitting on the couch silent for once. I am shocked that she did not feel the need to add her two cents into the conversation like she normally does.

JUSTIN

I let out a huff as I fall onto the couch beside Tabbetha. She is sitting here watching some movie on TV. "I don't understand why she is being such a stubborn bitch about this." I state. I am not really talking to Tabbetha, but she does turn a little towards me and looks at me without saying a word. After a couple of minutes of the staring, I sit up and turn to face her. "What?" I can't help for the word to come out with a tone of frustration.

"I cannot believe you just said what you did is all. Do you not understand her family issues yet?" She asks me with an almost sympathetic look on her face. "She does not do the family thing. She does not see her family anymore and she does not feel comfortable being around others with theirs, especially when they are close," she begins to explain. "She may not say it or even show it most of the time but she does miss her family. She got hurt at a very young and crucial age. Her family tried to help out by talking to her about it with hopes that maybe opening up about it, she would stop pulling away so much. I believe that it had the opposite effect on Arianna. She didn't want to talk about it, so she made the choice to pull away from her family and friends and started to hang out with James.

"James pulled her into his life by not talking about the events and her feelings. He gave her a way to release her pain and gave her a way to distract herself from thinking about anything that happened. She was young and very impressionable. James and his family used this to their advantage. Arianna pulled away more and more to where her family rarely saw her. If her parents refused to let her see James, she would just sneak out and go anyway." It is obvious that Tabbetha has a hard time talking about this all. She may not have known Arianna when all of this was going on, but it is clear that the girl hurts for her friend. "Arianna moved out of her parents' home on her 18th birthday and moved into the mansion with James. It was nothing like it is now but it was still pretty grand. I saw pictures. When I met Arianna several years ago, she still made a point to call her parents once ever few months, she saw them on Christmas and sent the kids in the family gifts on their birthdays. In the last couple of years, she has stopped. James has pulled her in and has convinced her that it is better for everyone that she does not see her family anymore.

"In case you were wondering where the history lesson was leading, it was to this. Arianna still loves her family greatly and miss them terribly, but she is convinced that it is better to not see them and to not them learn of who she really is. Her family just believes that she fell in love with the wrong boy and fell into the wrong crowd when she was young and the bad influence is keeping her away. They have no idea about her lifestyle. I know all of this because I went home with her on her last Christmas home and talked to her parents and siblings. They miss her too. The point is that it is extremely hard for the girl to see what she has and is missing out on with her family. She has an older brother who she looked up to when she was younger. He is married now with three year old twin girls. Arianna has never seen them. She has a younger sister who she missed out on showing her the ropes of puberty and boys and just be there for her." Tabbetha reaches forward and grabs my hands and hold them tightly. "It is extremely difficult for her to see other around their families and have to face the fact that she 'will never get to have that' with her own. She's a stubborn bitch, but you have to understand her and be willing to be patient and just work with her on these things." Tabbetha smiles an encouraging smile at me. "I'm kind of fond of ya, Justin, and I truly believe that you are great for Arianna and you are what she needs to get her real life back. Don't give up on her and just hang in there."

I smile back. I feel horrible. I knew that things with Arianna and her family were not great, but I guess I never took the time to really think about how back they could be. "I want to thank you for opening my eyes a little. I think I am--"
I cut off when I hear Arianna's footsteps approaching from the dining room. I turn to see her typing something into her phone as she walks into the room. She looks up at me and smiles and looks over at Tabbetha.

"It is obvious that you two have been and probably still are talking about me from the silence that occurred upon my arrival into the room." I see Tabbetha out of the corner of my eye, trying to feign hurt and innocence. "I'm not stupid Tabbetha so get that dumb look off your face." She replies without looking up from her phone. "I'm going to let you continue to run your trap about me and tell shit I'm sure I would not approve of you telling but only because I need to go to the mansion for a short while. There has been a small problem and I don't want either one of you there. Feel free to sit around and chit chat. I'll be back soon and then you and I can go to that dinner and movie we've been planning." She tells me as she leans down over the back of the couch and gives me a quick kiss. "Love you and please don't listen to Tabbetha. She's a huge drama queen." She tells me with a huge smile. I make sure to tell her that I love her too before she heads out the door, back on the phone.

"I'm telling you, Justin, you have been great for her and I truly truly believe that with some time and effort from both of you, the old Arianna just may be coming back to us. My advice is to let her know that you want her at your concert whether she meets your family or not. The girl wants to support you and you need to let her. She wants to see what you are so passionate about. She's heard your music and has seen some of your performances on TV, but she wants to see the man she loves in his element and just see what he is so passionate about. Give her that chance. Let her know that you want her there and that you appreciate her being there and her support for you. Let her know that meeting your family is her choice and not anyone else's and you cannot try to trick her and get your family to 'coincidentally' end up coming into the room or something like that. Let her meet them on her terms. She will be more comfortable and more likely to meet them in time." Tabbetha informs me of this and I cannot help but see her point in this.

I have been going about all of this the wrong way and it is time for me to stop being stubborn and let Arianna know that I love her no matter what and that I do want to share my family, something that is very important to me, with her but I will not force this on her. I just hope that she will want to meet them and maybe come apart of it in some way. Maybe meeting my family and seeing us together will help her see what she is missing out on and make her want to make amends with her own family. I can only wish and hope this for I love her so much and I want her to be completely 100% happy.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story