Author's Chapter Notes:
No real action but the humor in this chapter is a holdover and a way to show that these people can be quite human at times. Enjoy!

I jump out of the car and rush over to Arianna and pick her up and spin her around. She looks at me like I am insane but neither she nor James can keep from laughing at me.

"He's obviously a newbie. How's the mob life treating you there, Justin?" James laughs as they all walk to the small diner.

"It is great. The adrenaline is rushing and I am loving it." I hug my girlfriend to me as we walk in. I look around and see that is a nice quaint little place. "It's almost two in the morning. How is this place open?"

"They serve to our kind of people. No one talks to anyone here though. We all know what others do but we follow the 'don't ask don't tell' policy. It is our way of keeping ourselves from creating connections where they may end up killing us later on. Plus, during the day there are several regular locals that come in." Arianna explains to me. "The employees do not know our names either but they do give us all nicknames. It is how they keep us straight from each other. We like them and they like us. They enjoy the connections with us."

I nod with understanding. "So what is your nickname?" I ask her.

"They call me Sunshine." She shrugs with indifference. I am a little disappointed with the simplicity of the nickname.

"What's yours?" I ask James, with great amusement when Arianna starts to chuckle. I chuckle myself, "seems like its a good one."

James rolls his eyes and I assume he kicks Arianna under the table by the way she jumps and glares back at him. Her eyes may say mad, but the smirk on her face says that she is more humored than mad. She reaches down for a second and when she brings her hand back up and places it on the table she has a blade in her hand. She starts spinning on the table as she moves her eyebrows up and down. He just rolls his eyes again and leans back as far as the booth would allow, throwing his arm over the back of it.

"Go on, James. Tell him what they call you here." She teases him. I almost feel like I am in middle school again. 

"How about, instead, I stab you with that blade right there and we drop this conversation." He is annoyed and my curiosity is at its peak. 

"Now, Doll, you know that I would be able to have this blade in the side of your neck before you have enough time to reach for it. You want me to tell him? I would be willing to do that for you?"

"Yeah, I am sure you are giving like that."

"Will anyone tell me or do I have to guess?" I enquire.

"Well their most common one is Thumper." Arianna answers finally James just grunts and throws his head back.

"Thumper? That doesn't sound too bad." I shrug but still amused by the name.

"It's funny because he got it after he got horny one night and decided to take advantage of one of the servers here that was head over heels in love with our boy here. Apparently he took her to the back here and worked his magic," she started to laugh more, making her words more difficult to understand. "One of the employees happened to walk by and heard this weird rhythmic thumping. He couldn't figure out what it was and opened the door to check it out. Apparently, thumper here was banging the girl against some rack that kept hitting the wall. The best part is that the guy cleared his throat in hopes to let them know he was there and it took them by surprise causing the girl to jump in embarrassment and grabbed onto the stock rack to catch her balance causing the whole thing to fall on top of them. We are hoping next time he lets the girl know to moan loudly every now and then to let people know what is going on instead of jsut thumping." Arianna is in tears from laughing and I am close to it myself. 

As we are laughing and James continues to eye the blade that Arianna is still spinning on the tabletop. A server finally comes over to us with two drinks in hand. She hands one to James and one to Arianna. "Sorry, Sweetie. Didn't know what you drink. We don't get too many newbies here with them." She nodded towards James. I told her just to bring me a water and I ordered a sandwich. "The normal for you, Sunshine?" Arianna nods. "And for you, Tinker Bell?" His face goes purple and Arianna almost falls in the floor laughing. I'm sure there will be a bruise on my jaw from where it hit the table. My eyes are wide and the next thing I know tears are rolling down my face because I cannot stop laughing. The server is confused, but is slightly amused by our actions. James gives the girl his order and then glares at us. 

"I really wish you two, especially you Arianna, would grow the fuck up." He just rolls his eyes at us and lays his head back on the booth.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect her to call you that. That's why I brought up Thumper. Thats the normal one. Apparently you pissed her off recently if she's calling you Tinker Bell." The girl can hardly catch her breath to speak as she laughs.

"I have to be honest. I am curious about the story behind that name."

"I don't give fuck what you are curious about." He does not even lift his head up. It is as if he is talking to the ceiling. "Personally, Prissy Boy, I think you need to mind your own business. You don't even belong here."

My laughing stops pretty much immediately. I even move my head back a little as if I could feel the aftershock from his blow.

Arianna's laughing calms down a little beside me, but she is still chuckling. "Oh pull the stick out of your ass. You're just pissed because the boy over here gets to be the front man on this big mission and you have to stay undercover, not to be seen. Then we come here and your embarrassing little secrets are revealed. You have many more that only I know. I can share those as well if you would like." She challenges him. "Quit taking your bruised pride out on him." She turns to me and sees me frowning. "Cheer up, love. I'll let you know the back story." She tells me and her laughing starts to pick up again. I am personally surprised she did not jump over the table or throw the blade at James but I guess she is a better, more controlled person than I give her credit for. "So, once again, James decides he should bang a server here. You would think he'd learn after the 'Thumper' incident but that's James for us all, a little slow. I guess our boy here decided he needed to work on his reputation, get back to 'Love God' or something," Arianna laughs a little harder at this. "Well turns out that he is doomed to be known as a Disney character. The girl described the sex to be 'so good' that it made her feel like Tinker Bell had sprinkled her with pixie dust because afterwards it was like she could fly to Never Never Land." Now I had to start laughing. "I believe she turned out to be barely eighteen, lucky for Tinker Bell. Her birthday was the day before."

"Wow. I don't even know how to respond to that." I tell her laughing. I have heard some crazy shit after sex but that makes the list for the best statements. 

"That is enough!" James sits back up. He is about to say more, but the server comes back with our food. After she refills our drinks and makes sure we do not need anything, she leaves us alone to enjoy our food. "Just so we are aware, I have yet to hear any complaints about the sex. The nicknames may be horrible but at least it just means the sex is that great." James informs us as he starts to dig into his food. He then looks up at Arianna with a smirk and I know whatever is about to come out is not going to be good. "Besides, I do not believe I've ever heard you complain, Babe. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you begged for it many times."

I knew something horrible was about to come out. Arianna continues to calmly eat and this starts to irritate me. The last thing I want to hear about is how they had sex, how often, and how great it was. These are things I prefer not to hear about when it comes to my girlfriend. I am about to make this a point when Arianna takes a swig of her drink and then clears her throat. "I'll have you know, the only reason sex with you was even good was because you were having it with me. You just can't have bad sex when I am involved." She smirks and I smile. "Secondly," she grabs her blade and stabs it into the table, barely missing his arm. "Do not bring up our sex life again. I had to live through it once, and I prefer not to do it again." I have to stare at my plate to try to cover the fact that the smile on my face is about to split it in half. "Oh, and by the way, You'll need much more than pixie dust, Tinker Bell, to get me to fly as high as Justin does." BURN!


 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story