ARIANNA

 

The sun shines through my window and brightens up the whole bedroom. I am lying on my stomach with my arm resting on Justin's stomach. I just continue to lie like this and watch him sleep. The man will probably sleep for a little longer, but he definitely slept wall last night so he should be in a good mood when he wakes up. I was proud of the way he handled things. I know it was a simple meeting for what we do but he did well. I am a little worried about how this will go later, but it is too late now. Fortunately he will be on tour and most of his actions will be over the phone and will be over with after three month. I can only hope that three months will be long enough for us to get all we need. 

 

Enough about my worrying. Justin seemed to enjoy his adrenaline rush last night. The man was on cloud nine. It amused both James and me, because it has been a while since either one of us have felt that high. That's why we usually stick to the big missions. These are the ones that gives us the high. The ones that are truly risky and life threatening. As much as I hate to admit it, we get a kicks in also when the newbies mess up big time and we have to go in and clean up, like a rescue mission. We do not wish this on anyone, but when it does happen it is like a game for us. 

 

Justin got his high last night and got a feel for what I do. I do not want him in this, but he liked it, a little too much. When we got back home last night, the boy jumped me. My clothes barely made it to the bedroom. I am pretty sure I will have to throw my shirt away because those tears are definitely not repairable. The man was a ravishing beast and oh so much fun. He has learned my best way to burn off the adrenaline.I am looking forward to future interactions that Justin will have, especially when he builds it up and has no way to burn it off. The wait will be worth it.

 

I guess it is time to get my lazy ass out of bed. It is our last official full day with Justin and we are planning on making a day of it. I start rubbing his stomach in hopes of waking him gently. I get a quiet groan as a response. "Come on, baby, we have to get up and get dressed. We are going to the Science Center, then dinner, then the bar."

 

"I know, but I want to stay here, in bed, with you," he says as he rolls over to hold me to him. "We can stay here until dinner then bar then back here."

 

"As fun as that sounds, it is your last full day here and we promised to hang out with Chase and Tabbetha. Besides, I am looking forward to the Science Center." I pout a little.

 

"Fine, fine. I am sure one day I will be immune to that damn pout." He kisses me as he climbs out of bed. He grabs his pants off the floor but I stop him.

 

"Don't you dare think about putting your clothes back on. We need to shower and clothes are usually not needed for that." I make my way to my bathroom. "I mean, we should be clean and all for our friends." I smirk and he quickly follows me into the bathroom.

 

***

 

"So I'm thinking," Tabbetha throws out as we walk around the dinosaur section.

 

"Hope it didn't hurt," I mumble loudly.

 

"That's unnecessary," she playfully glares at me. "We should so do Arianna's Karaoke Night tonight!" She is practically jumping up and down like a cheerleader.

 

"I'll think about it if you stop doing that."

 

"I could enjoy some AKN. It could be a great way to send Justin off," Chase adds in.

 

"Are you should its for Justin or are you wanting the benefits of the night?" I ask him knowing full well what the truth really is.

 

"It could be a little bit of both." 

 

"Right." I continue to walk through the dinosaur displays. Reading all the information that is provided. Contrary to popular belief, I enjoy learning things. I like the Discovery and History Channel on TV, going to museums, and all but it is a small secret I am okay if others do not know this.

 

"Karaoke Night. I would love to see and hear this, but I am sure it would be a little unfair for me to join in." Justin is so sure of himself as he places his arm around my shoulders pulling me into him.

 

"The arrogance only makes it better when you suck later on." Chase pats him on the back which makes us all laugh.

 

We finish walking through the center and decide on a steakhouse for dinner. For AKN a lot of food needs to be consumed. I call the bar and talk to the bartender to let him know what the plans are, giving him a little heads up. We all get dressed to impress and make our way to the bar. We arrive in style in my 2009 Aston Martin DB9 Volante Convertible. I pulled up to the front and handed my keys to the valet. "You know the rules. Scratches equals painful death." I join the other three at the door and we all walk in together. I wave at the bartender so he knows to send us our drinks and we find ourselves a table. We all sit down and within seconds our drinks are placed in front of us. We are having a blast.

 

We are there for about twenty minutes when Justin finally speaks up. "I can't help it. I have to ask. What is AKN?"

 

"It's Arianna's version of karaoke. It is a great twist on things. She explains it better which he does every time she starts which should be in about ten minutes." Tabbetha answers and looking at me for confirmation. 

 

I nod and finish my drink. "I guess I should go get my ass set up." I lean over to Justin and kiss him. "You don't get out of this either."

 

I walk over to the stage and signal to the bartender as I work with the tech guys to make sure all the microphones and screens are hooked up. After making sure everything is working properly, I grab the main microphone and stand in the middle of the stage. "Hey everyone. Everyone having fun tonight?" I receive hollers from all over the bar. "Awesome. Well I am Arianna and I am here to have a great night, and I am sure all of you are, too. I am about to start my own special version of karaoke night," a few hollers were heard, "which obviously a few of you have experienced before." I laugh. "There are a few rules though. We are all here to have fun, not to make fun of anyone. I will not tolerate anyone at all making fun of anyone and definitely not any booing of any kind. Also, I do not want any picture or videos taken of me. If you come up here and do not want that either, just let us know and we will all respect that. Right?" Everyone yells out their agreements. "I will let you know now that if you break any of my rules, you will leave. If you don't think you can handle this, I suggest you leave now. No one will hold it against you. Come back another night." I wait a minute and give anyone and everyone a chance to leave if they would like. Everyone chooses to stay. I am sure it is due to their peaked interests, especially of those who have not experienced this before.

 

"Now for the basic rules of how this all works out. We are all friends here tonight. We encourage all. This is not going to be your typical night of karaoke." I start off. "I realize most of you out there are not comfortable with karaoke. You do not have to sing if you don't want to. It is perfectly fine if you want to just stay to enjoy the show and support your friends. If you think you may want to, but do not have the courage or confidence to do so that is fine too. We are going to be serving a cup of courage for everyone soon." I offer to them and that definitely gets everyone cheering. "Here's the deal. You do not get to pick your song. I get to pick your song. You will come up here and give me one fact about yourself. I do not care what it is. It can be that you just got dumped by a jerk, you got a job promotion, you have a dog named lucky, whatever. From your one fact, I will pick one song for you. Once I give you a song, you have to sing it. No changing it and no backing out. Like I said no one will be making fun of you. The best part is we have every song possible, even those that were not meant to be a karaoke song." I make a point to eye everyone as I talk. "I will start the night off as our handsome bartenders pour out the courage and the lovely ladies deliver it. There is a catch. Because these drinks are on my tab as a gift to you, if you take it you drink it. There will be no taking the drink even though you don't want it just so your friend can have more than one. If it is a desperate need for you to have more than one so you can get up here, come to me. I will see if you really need another one." The whole bar is excited about their 'free' drinks. "Be patient for your drink because we are all going to be taking them at the same time. Be nice to the wonder worker bees here tonight. Don't be afraid to tip well." This time the employees cheer out causing everyone to laugh in good nature. "Well lets get this party started!" I yell out.

 

The DJ starts up the music and most everyone hollers at the familiar tune.

 

 

When I walked in the band just started

The singer couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Was on a mission to drown her memory but

I thought no way with all this ruckus.

 

But after one round with Jose Cuervo

I caught my boots tappin 'long with the beat.

And after two rounds with Jose Cuervo

That band was sounding pretty darn good to me.

 

 

I wave at the server to let her know to bring me one when she makes her rounds as I continue to sing. The bar has already started to join in.

 

 

Then some stranger asked me dance

And I revealed to her my two left feet.

Said, ''Don't get me wrong I'm glad you asked

But tonight's about me and an old memory.''

 

Then after three rounds with Jose Cuervo

I let her lead me out on the floor

And after four rounds with Jose Cuervo

I was showin' off moves never seen before.

 

 

I do a little jig to go along with the lyrics. I get cheers and people are laughing. They laugh out of great humor and amusement though and not out of meanness. This night is starting off well. The server makes it over to me and hands my drink up to me, the same drink that everyone else is given. I shot of Jose Cuervo.

 

 

Well, around five or round six

I forgot what I came to forget.

After round seven or was it eight

I bought a round for the whole dang place!

 

 

At the end of this phrase, I look over at Justin as everyone yells and knocks back their shots together. I gave a quick "Wooh!!" that is repeated by many throughout the bar.

 

 

After nine rounds with Jose Cuervo

They were countin' me out and I was about to give in

The after ten rounds with Jose Cuervo

I lost count and started countin' again!

 

One round with Jose Cuervo

I went two rounds with Jose Cuervo

Three rounds with Jose Cuervo

Five rounds with Jose Cuervo or was it four?

Six rounds with Jose Cuervo

Eight rounds with Jose Cuervo

Ten rounds with Jose Cuervo...

 

 

I end my song, receiving many many cheers. "Alright, well that was fun. Now that we've all had our chance at some confidence, who wants to be the next one to come on up here?"

 

A small girl comes rushing up. "Alright girl, what you got for me?" I ask her in the microphone, but pull it away so no one hears what she has to say to me.

 

"My ex-boyfriend tried to break me and circle of friends up." She tells me. She seems a little nervous. 

 

"I got a song for you. Before I tell you, I want to ask. Are you okay? You sure you want to do this? No backing out once you get the song." With the first few singers I tend to be a little more compassionate with. They don't have as many drinks any them and tend to be a little more nervous. 

 

"I'm fine. I'll be good once I get started. Thanks though." She smiles at me.

 

"Alright." I am back to the microphone. "Everyone enjoy 'My Friends Over You' formerly made famous by New Found Glory!" I introduce and hand the microphone over to the girl. 

 

She does great. She started out a little quiet but once she got into the song, she really opened up. She ended up thanking me and giddily joined her friends back at her table where I am sure they all talked about her song. 

 

The night picked up after that. People started to come up and put their name on the list that the DJ had at his table. I would move around the bar talking to everyone. After a few of the performances, I joined my friends back at our table taking the top list of names with me. After each song, I would call the next name, have them come to me with their fact, and announce their song for them. At the moment, a huge black guy was on stage singing 'My girl.' 

 

Justin leans over to me. "You know, I think you are the only person in the world that can get that guy to sing that song." He tells me with great pride. "This is fun. I couldn't have spent my last night any better way." He kisses me.

 

"Good because you are next." I inform him with a huge smile.

 

"That can't be because I didn't sign up." He tells me as a matter-of-fact.

 

"Funny, because your name is on the list. No back outs. Sorry thats the rule. Want to go ahead and give me your fact or do you want to wait?" I tease and Chase and Tabbetha are clearly amused by this.

 

"I love you and I don't want to do this?" 

 

"Sorry I only need one fact. You love me it is." I nod. 

 

The guy finishes up and receives his cheers. I stand up and go back up to the stage. "Everyone still having fun?" I ask. Loud hollers are almost deafening. "That is great! I have a very special guest here tonight. Please no cameras of any kind. He is here to enjoy the night just like y'all. He is no one special. So please welcome Justin Timberlake as he comes up here to sing his own wonderful version of 'Walkin' After Midnight' by Patsy Cline." I start clapping along with the crowd. He glares at me and remains sitting. "Ah. I think our singer is a little shy. How about we let him know he's got our support and encouragement." I say laughing as everyone starts to chant for him to go up. "Come on, Justin. You heard the rules. No backing out." I tell him.

 

He slowly makes his way up to the stage. He leans into my ear and whispers, "you will pay for this later." 

 

"I'm looking forward to it," I whisper back.

 

He snatches the microphone out my hand and I get down to join the others to enjoy the show. As great of a singer as Justin is, I have to admit Patsy Cline is probably not the artist for him to remake. The boy did good, don't get me wrong, but definitely was not his best performance.

 

"Thanks everyone. You are way too kind." He announces before I take back over.

 

The night continues. I am pretty sure that everyone took a chance. Tabbetha and Chase even got up to do some Sonny and Cher 'I Got You Babe.' Everyone is getting drunk and having a great time. It is hard to believe that Justin will be gone tomorrow. This night is too perfect. 

 ****

 Today is the day. Today is the day we send Justin off. We are all slowly dragging ourselves around the house. One reason is because we hate to see him go, but I have to admit the main reason is because we are all really hungover. It is the usual side effect of AKN. It is usually worth it though. We all had a blast last night and I think Justin enjoyed being normal for one night, because he pretty much sucked at karaoke and it was great.

 

"Man, this sucks." Chase complains as he comes out of the bathroom where I am sure he just finished throwing up the remaining bit of anything let in his stomach.

 

"Yeah, kinda like your singing last night," I throw back at him causing us all to laugh.

 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." 

 

"I'm pretty sure it will be a crime for you to ever since 'Genie in a Bottle' ever again. Let's leave that song to Christina. What do you say?" Tabbetha laughs harder but grabs her head when she does.

 

"She made me do it," Chase growls pointing at me.

 

"Nothing will beat the huge dude singing 'My Hear Will Go On," Justin adds. "I'm pretty sure you could have sunk Titanic with that."

 

"I do have to say that Justin did redeem himself slightly with 'Pride and Joy' but Arianna's "Friends in Low Places' could have used a little help or a lot." Tabbetha puts her opinion in.

 

"Thanks. It was a little easier than Patsy Cline." He gives a pointed look towards me and I just shrug with an innocent look. 

 

"I'll have you know that song is a dunk anthem. It is supposed to be sung off key." I protest but I know it was terrible. I had a blast singing it off key though.

 

"I don't think it was supposed to be sung that off key." She jokes back. "It's a good thing there were people like me to help the night along without bleeding ears." 

 

We all laugh hard, despite how much pain it was causing. "Right. For future references, your lucky Justin here didn't bring his boys in to beat you up for butchering their song. You're singing was tearing up our hearts to have to listen to it." Chase continues to laugh as he wraps his arm around his fiancee's shoulders.

 

We all keep joking around about the night before as  we get dressed and ready to take Justin to the airport. We are trying not to think about him leaving. We are very good with sad goodbye, and when I say 'we' I definitely mean 'I'm not good with sad goodbyes.' I don't have much practice with them.

 

I rush to get ready and get Justin's thing into the car. Chase and Tabbetha take their time because they have a little longer. We have to go back that wonderful drop off before leaving. We planned on doing this before swinging back around to the house on our way to the airport. Justin and I meet James at the mansion and then we head to the arranged meeting time. This time we just drop him off with two of our men and drive down a couple of blocks. He will just call us when he is finished and ready to be picked up. We decide that it is best that we do not tell Justin that we are not listening in and that we just trust that he will be able to make it out. It is just a simple drop off after all, and he has Charles and Jeff with him. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story