Our first night in LA and we did not do much of anything. We were all pretty jet lagged, so we made an unanimous decision to stay in. We watched several movies, ate a remarkable amount of pizza and ice cream and chips and whatever else we could get our hands on, talked about random meaningless crap, and fell asleep. It was so simple and so what we all needed. There was no talk of missions or assignments, no talk of upcoming weddings, no talk of anything serious unless you consider talks about what kind of bird would you be or what would your muppet name be to be of the serious type. 

 

That was all last night. This morning Justin woke up extremely early and left to go to some meeting or radio show or whatever. I didn't listen much since I was set on sleeping for a little longer. I do know that he promised to have someone come pick us up so we did not have to worry about trying to find our way around or find a parking spot. This made me laugh a bit. I've been to LA several times. I know my way around quite well but I didn't tell him this. I just let him do his thing and go along with it. While Tabbetha spent all morning running around worrying about what she was going to wear to the concert, Chase and I lied around in the living room playing with all of Justin's electronic gadgets and making fun of Tabbetha's ridiculous actions. 

 

It is almost noon and we decide to get up off our lazy butts and get ourselves ready since our ride was to be there at noon. I run up the stairs to Justin's room where all my stuff was. I rummage through my bag for a minute and pull our a simple pair of jeans and black and red striped tank top. I throw my hair back into a messy ponytail and simplify my makeup with just a touch of eyeliner and mascara and a bit of gloss. I throw on a pair of my red and black tennis shoes and I am finished, only taking a total of about ten minutes to complete it all. I take my time making my way back downstairs though.

 

I look at the photos that line the walls. Some are candid shots of family and friends. Some are framed success like albums. There is one of his dogs that he talks a lot about. Apparently they stay here usually but Trace took them for the weekend. I am going to have to talk to Justin about that. I would love to see them. There are a few of people he tours or has toured with: dancers, band members, stylists, etc. I cannot put a name to anyone in any of the pictures though except for Trace. I haven't really thought about it, but I don't know what anyone looks like at all. I never asked for pictures and I guess Justin didn't think to show me because of my obvious distaste in meeting family and friends.

 

I finally make it back downstairs and Chase is lounging in one of the oversized chairs in a pair of his dark jeans and a black t-shirt with some silver design. His feet are resting on the coffee table without his shoes on. I assume he will be wearing the black ones that are sitting on the floor next to the chair he is sitting in. I look around for Tabbetha, but no sign of her in the living room.

 

"Is she almost ready?" I ask Chase as I plop down on the equally oversized couch. "She knows we are leaving at noon and I would hate to have a repeat of yesterday." I shrug.

 

"I was just up there and she said she just had to finish her hair." His eyes roll along with mine.

 

"She kills me. We are going to a concert. A concert where there will be lots of girls jumping around and screaming. There is no point in dressing up more than jeans and comfy shoes."

 

"You don't need to tell me that," his reply is emphasized with him gesturing to his own outfit.

 

It is not five minutes before the doorbell rings. "Must be the ride." I get up and answer the door. Sure enough, I open the door and it is Trace. "Oh good. I was expecting some stuffy old man in a suit." 

 

"Nope, sorry. You are stuck with me. How was your flight?" He makes his way into the house. 

 

"It was pretty uneventful. Good to see ya again though. You going to be watching the concert with us or do you have to do the whole backstage thing?"

 

"I'll be mostly backstage but I'll be sure to catch as much of it as I can. The first show is always intense." He tells me. "You all ready to go? Justin made sure to tell me to get you there soon so you all could hang out before the show. He is doing a final sound check now."

 

"Sure." I turn around to see Chase standing right behind me. I turn towards the stairs, "Tabbetha! We are leaving. Are you coming or you want to be left behind again?" I yell up to her. Chase tries not to laugh as Trace gives me a funny look.

 

"That is so not funny!" She yells back down. "I am on my way."

 

"We'll be in the car." I announce and then look at Chase. "Shotgun!" I take off running with him right behind me. "I called it and you know the rules." I growl as I try to push him off the handle. 

 

"So, I say survival of the fittest. You should sit in the back with Tabbetha. Gush over stupid stuff with her while I sit in the front."

 

"Don't make me punch you, because you know I will." I threaten and the lean over to whisper, "I also have a blade I am not afraid to use. I get shotgun." 

 

Chase gives me an evil glare as he moves to the back door. "That is cheating just so you know"

 

"I never claimed to be a fair fighter." I shrug as I hop in the front seat and start talking to Trace. 

 

It isn't long before Tabbetha comes running out of the front door with her shoes in hand. I roll my eyes, almost completely around, when I see what she is wearing. The girl is wearing some extremely short denim skirt with a turquoise tube top. Her hair is curled perfectly and pinned back while her makeup is ridiculous. She has a pair of heels in her hands that if they were on her feet, they would tie her her calves. She gets into the vehicle and Trace starts driving away. 

 

I turn to the back seat to look at Tabbetha. "Are you serious? You are dressed like you are going to try to sleep your way backstage and hope you can catch Justin's attention and get him to sleep with you and then fall in love with you to live happily ever after. What the hell are you wearing?" I ask laughing. "I don't know if you are aware of this but we are already able to go backstage. That's what this stud muffin is for," I rub Trace's head. "Not to mention, Justin is taken by a fabulous girlfriend that could probably kill you in five seconds." I smile at her.

 

"Hey, don't forget that she is engaged to a great guy." Chase throws in with a smile of his own. 

 

"You two can kiss my ass. I like the way I am dressed. I look hot and I am wearing this because I want to. It is hot outside and it will be even hotter inside around all those people." She glares back at us all.

 

"Well if for some reason, the guards question the fact that you are with me, your outfit will definitely help." Trace jokes himself which causes an uproar of laughter from us. 

 

Tabbetha just chooses to huff and cross her arms as she pouts. 

 

We get to the venue and Trace shows his pass so he can park in the private parking lot that is close. I hop out and meet Trace in front of the vehicle. I link my arm with his and go ahead inside while Chase tries to suck up to his pouting fiancee. There is a huge guard standing in front of the door leading to the backstage area of the building. After Trace vouches for all three of us, I whisper something into the man's ear and he nods at me as Trace and I make our way in. Trace wonders what I told the guy, and I just tell him that I requested that the man give them a hard time. Pretend that Trace is only allowed to bring one guest with him and I was that guest, and to act that he is interested in the way she looks and that she could 'use those looks' for her advantage. It may be mean, but I'll be amused when the guy finally lets them in and she comes after me. 

 

Trace gives me a small tour of the backstage area, showing me where the food is and where a game room is and where Justin's dressing room is of course. When we get to the dressing room, we sit down on one of the couches in there and wait for Justin to finish up on whatever it is that he is doing. We just sit there and talk about whatever comes up. We discuss Trace's life including the girl that he is in love with and we discuss their clothing line and how hectic that can be and just whatever. I enjoy talking with him. It is even more interesting when it comes to fun information I learn about Justin, especially the embarrassing things. 

 

It is about twenty minutes before I can hear Chase's loud laugh and Tabbetha yelling at him to stop because whatever he is laughing at is not funny at all. She is also telling him that he should be offended and take up for her honor.

 

The couple finds their way into the dressing room where we are sitting and Tabbetha glares at Trace and me. "I know that was your fault out there and I don't appreciate it at all. I am not a whore and I am not humored at all by the fact that you had that guy treat me like one." She is furious as she falls onto the couch with a loud huff. 

 

"I'm pretty sure it was entertaining." I shrug with indifference.

 

"What is entertaining?" Justin asks as he walks into the room.

 

"Oh, the guy out back propositioned Tabbetha. It was her payment to get into the building.." I answer him.

 

"What? He didn't. I'll take care of that." Justin is mad at this information and starts to walk back out of the room.

 

"Oh calm down. He was only kidding. He couldn't help himself considering the way the girl is dressed." I call after him.

 

He is confused but comes back over to us anyway. He sits down beside me and gives me a quick kiss before looking over to Tabbetha. "What's wrong with the way she is dressed? I think she looks nice." He states.

 

Tabbetha thanks him while the ret of us burst out laughing. "The guy couldn't 'help himself' because Arianna told him to proposition me." She informs Justin.

 

He turns to me in shock. "What? You didn't?"

 

"It is not my fault that they weren't there at the door for Trace to vouch for when we came in. Also, she chose to wore that outfit. She wore it for you, by the way. Apparently she'll be able to sneak her way back here, get in your pants, and get you to fall in love with her." I tell him in all seriousness.

 

"Don't bring me into this. I vouched for them." Trace throws in when Justin gives him a look to tell him not to encourage my behavior. 

 

"I did not wear this for that reason!!" Tabbetha yells at me.

 

This goes on as we continue to hang out. The best part of all of this is when we decided to turn on the TV and through channel surfing we landed on E! as they were doing a small segment on Justin. "Justin Timberlake is in L.A. to kick off his huge tour where he will travel all around the country and sings to millions. Justin has grown up singing to millions and making girls and women alike swoon over him with his voice, but according to several bar goers Justin may not be able to sing everything like most believe. We have sources saying that Justin spent his last night in town, visiting his mystery girlfriend and a few friends, in a bar singing karaoke. One song he chose to sing was Patsy Cline's 'Walkin' After Midnight' and not so well either. As full as this bar is, no one has picture or videos. Everyone claims that neither him or his girlfriend were recorded because that would have broken some rules. What has the world come to when people won't record the most embarrassing moments of a start because someone told them not to?"

 

Justin groans but I know he is shocked and relieved that no one broke the rules. "I can't believe no one turned in pictures. I let people take some pictures with me. They didn't even turn those over? I am amazed. The story though still got out."

 

"Told you that people would follow the rules. We take AKN very serious." Chase states.

 

"What is AKN?" Trace asks and then turns to Justin with a look of complete amused shock. "You chose to sing Patsy Cline?!" The man is having a hard time breathing from laughing so hard. I would almost swear he is going to pee his pants.

 

Justin glared at all of us. He maybe regretting doing it now. "AKN stands for Arianna's Karaoke Night, and I didn't choose Patsy Cline to sing." He growls at his friend. "Apparently Arianna made up the rule that you don't get to choose your own song. She chooses it for you and you can't back out after she does so."

 

The group started talking about the different songs everyone was assigned to sing. The rules were explained to Trace, and he loves it. He is already planning on coming to visit sometime after the tour is over to participate in this great AKN. I have to make sure Justin understand that he will not be able to come soon after the tour. I will be locked away with this mission and I know it will not be over anytime soon after the tour. We will have to see how it all plays out. While they are goofing around, I get a phone call. I would have ignored it, but I see that it Charles. 

 

I excuse myself and go off to a corner away from everyone and answer the call. Charles is calling me because James has decided to make up his own missions. I start to argue with his, and then get off the phone with him and call James. After I thought it was over with, James calls me back and tells me that since I am away he is in control and he can do whatever. This conversation goes on for a while and I do all that I can to keep from yelling at him. This conversation goes on for a long while, and I am getting more and more irritated. I finally get off the phone and turn to find that no one is in the room with me anymore. I sit down on the cough to breath and calm down before I go on a search for everyone. It takes me about ten minutes before I finally get up and head to the door. Just as my hand reaches the handle, my phone rings again. I growl as I see that it is James again. I am yelling at him again when I hear someone come into the room.

 

I give a Tabbetha an apologetic look that says 'kills me.' I have no idea where everyone is, and I see the disappointed look on her face as she sits on the couch and waits for me to get off. I pace the floor through my whole yelling match, and when I finally hang up on James I fall onto the couch beside Tabbetha with a sigh of aggravation.

 

"You are out of control, Arianna," is her simple statement.

 

"I'm not asking for them to do this to me."

 

"I know, but you came out here for Justin. You work all the time while you are at home. You are not at home. You promised him that you would take a break to be here to support your man. We are all out there goofing off before he has to go on stage and you are in here working. Justin wanted to spend some time with you before he went on stage, but he can't while you are in here on the phone. Sadly enough, he is now with his parents so now you can't even see him unless you are willing to put your own selfish feelings to the side to meet them." She lectures me as I sit there and take it all in. I already feel extremely guilty for this and she just makes it worse. "I'm just letting you know how this looks to the rest of us. If you didn't want the vacation, then maybe you should have stayed behind."

 

She just stands up and walks out and leaves me there alone to think about it. She is right and I know it, but I am not worried about what she thinks about me. I really do want to be here with and for Justin, and I am worried that he thinks that I don't want to be. "He understands. He is apart of my world now." I say to myself. I don't quite convince myself, but it has to work because I cannot go out there right now. He is probably with his mom, and she sees that I am a horrible girlfriend that cannot take the time to support her boyfriend who happens to also be the much loved son. Justin is probably complaining about my actions too. This sucks. I plan on calling him to come meet me so we can talk, but my phone rings once again. 

 

I growl as I pull the phone up to my ear. "Seriously! I am on vacation. You all need to be able to learn to take care of shit on your own."

 

"I know you are upset, but I just thought you needed to know that James has sent two newbies out on a drug assignment." Charles informs me.

 

"What is the big deal on that?"

 

"Ok, let me repeat. James sent two newbies out on a unplanned drug assignment. I am not talking about some stupid small shit you send the newbies on to help with training. I am talking about James wants drugs and can't get into your safe, so he sent newbies out to bust a big guy for a large amount for his own recreation. The more trained guys know not to do it because they fear you, but these two don't know that James is mostly bark while you are mostly bite."

 

I am pissed now. James is putting our men in danger because he cannot control his stupid itch. "Well tell James that he is to call this whole retarded thing off," I demand.

 

"I already told him that you would not approve, and he told me that I can suck it because he controls my job, not the other way around." 

 

"Well you can tell him that I control whether he lives or not," I threaten. I hear the door open and who I am sure to be either Tabbetha or Justin coming back in to yell at me. I ignore whoever as I continue to yell at Charles. "You tell him that if he ever decide to go behind my back and pull a stunt like this again I will personally kill him myself and I will be sure to make it slow and painful." I yell. "Tell him --" I am cut off by the person clearing their throat. I turn to see some lady standing in the doorway. "Hold on, Charles." I pull the phone away from my ear and turn to the lady. "Can I help you?" 

 

"Maybe, I was hoping you could tell me where Justin is. We need him in wardrobe. He needs to get ready for the show." The lady explains.

 

"I believe he is with his family in the game room. That's what I heard last." I inform her and she thanks me as she leaves the room. "Tell James that I will deal with him later. If I hear he pulls another stunt like this again, you will not control his job because you will have it. Let me know who the newbies are so I can call them back and tell them to take the whole weekend off until I get back." After I get the names I thank Charles, call the two I need to, and then I call Tabbetha to meet me on the floor for the concert. 

 

I will talk to Justin after the concert. Our tickets are ten rows back from the stage on the floor. This way we get a close look, and I do not have to worry about people speculating who we are and why we would be sitting in VIP. Plus, I figured Justin can have his parents sit there and I do not have to feel awkward sitting there beside them when I don't really want to meet them. Chase and Tabbetha meet me on the floor at our seats. The show starts soon after and it is amazing. The man is ridiculously talented and I am so proud to know him. The man can sing and dance like no other and I cannot wait to get him home later. We watch the show and when he comes out to sing his last song and just goofs around on stage, I grab my two companions and we head backstage.

 

It is about 15-20 minutes when Justin arrives back there himself in all of his sweaty glory. Everyone gathers in the big room, spilling out into the hallway, and Justin grabs a big bottle of Jack Daniels. "I just want to thank each and everyone of you that helped put this together. This would not have been possible without all of you. Tonight was a great night and just shows that this tour is going to kick ass. So here is to all of you." Justin says as he pours a shot a Jack for those close to him and a couple of bottles are handed around throughout the crowd. Cheers are yelled out and shots are taken. 

 

I make my way over to Justin and hug him around his sweaty waist. "Hey, baby! Tonight was excellent. I am so proud of you. All of your hard work paid off well." I kiss him on his cheek.

 

"Thank you so much. That means the world to hear you say that. I am going to go shower soon. Want to go out afterwards or go home?" He asks me.

 

"I was thinking I could meet your parents and we can figure out what to do after that." I offer him. 

 

"Really?" He is shocked, but I don't blame him.

 

"Yeah. Kind of like my apology for bailing on you before the concert. I'm sorry that happened. I really did want to be with you before you went out there."

 

"I know. No harm done. Let's go meet my parents." He is excited. He grabs my hand and pulls me behind him through the large group of people that are still taking shots. I see Chase and Tabbetha standing up ahead with a smile on their faces. When we reach them, Justin comes to a stop and pulls me to his side. "Arianna, this is my mom, Lynn, and my stepdad, Paul. Guys this is my wonderful girlfriend, Arianna."

 

"Nice to meet you," I greet them as I shake their hands.

 

"You too. It is nice to have a name to the slow and painful killer." Lynn starts laughing causing me to be confused and by the look on Paul's face, he is with me. The other three seem to be shocked, worried, and horrified by Lynn's statement.

 

"Excuse me, mom? That's a little inappropriate." Justin states trying to play off the truth behind her statement.

 

"Oh, I am only kidding with her. I walked into your dressing room earlier trying to find you and she was threatening a slow and painful death on someone." That is why she looks familiar. I think I just may be in trouble now. Chase and Tabbetha are giving me a death glare and Justin is giving me a worried look. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. I am a business woman. I've had to threaten a many of people. When you are in control, you have to do what you can do get people to understand you are in control." Lynn has no idea just how true that is, not to mention just how much I can follow through with my threats.

 

"Well now that the introductions are over with, how about we figure out what we are going to do." Justin tries to change the subject. "I'm thinking I am going to go back home to shower and we can just meet up there." Justin tells everyone and we all agree. "Arianna, you can ride with me." He gives me a pointed look. 

 

I nod and follow him out of the room. I can only imagine how the yelling is going to go on the trip back to his house. I know to watch my back and be careful what I say and who is around when I say it, and I slipped up around one of the worse people to do that around. Justin is not happy with me and I do not blame him.

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story