A month has passed and Tabbetha is getting ridiculous. She is running around like a chicken with its head cut off (this saying amuses me because every time I hear it, I can't help but picture it...but that is pointless in this matter) and she id driving me crazy. She has taken a 'leave of absence' from work until after the honeymoon so she can have plenty of time to work on the wedding. Lucky Chase is working during the day, so he doesn't have to deal with her tirade because when he gets home she's usually too tired to do anything but discuss good things while I am contemplating whether I want to use the loaded gun on her or me. The luckiest of us all is Justin. He has dance rehearsals and tour meetings and appearances and so on that takes up most if not all of his time and he gets to avoid the bridezilla. I find this completely unfair. We did get her to decide on a date that is a week after the concert we are going to in a month. That way it is still soon for her but allows Justin a little time off for it because he has 3 days off during this time (not that he didn't purposely plan it this way) and Chase and Tabbetha get to go with me to the concert before the wedding and honeymoon. It works out for everyone.

Today is a relaxing day for me. I am hiding from the bridezilla at the mansion in my office. Justin is at another rehearsal/meeting/appearance, whatever it is this time, so I have time to myself to work. James and I are easily making our way into this group of people that are holding up people in horrible conditions in a warehouse, selling them to the highest bidder where they become someone else's whore or servant or much much worse. We are having to get as much information on them as we can so we can make our way into this place and get these people out and away the safest and fastest way we know how. We have very few men on this, two besides James and me to be exact. We believe in this case the less the better. There is a less chance of something getting out of our control.

Right now I am look up all the background information on some of the newer members of this group. I start to print out the information and studyit when my office door flies open.

"Have you seen this?!" James yells furiously at me.

"I could probably answer more honestly if I knew what 'this' was?"

"It's your stupid friends guest list. We cannot have that many people here. You told me this was going to be a small wedding. There are over 150 people here!" He throws the list at me. "This is ridiculous. You are putting everyone in danger with this. Our security will be ran thin as it is on this. They have to run perimeter, make sure the inside is clear, the gate is watched, and not to mention make sure that no unchecked visitor makes it in. You have to move this damn thing." He demands as he sits down. "I don't even know why you agreed to let them have it here anyway when you barely even allow them alone to come here because of security reasons." He is furious and I cannot help but be amused by it. It is almost like sweet payback from times he has chosen to purposely piss me off.

"Oh don't be such a drama queen. It will not be that bad. Half those people probably won't even show up. Plus, everyone has strict instructions to RSVP or they cannot come. I believe it is due to location rules and catering purposes." I laugh at the excuse. "We will have a list with everyone's name on is that has RSVP-ed and if they aren't on the list then they are not allowed in unless I personally allow it and we all know I do not do that."

"What about people wanting their chance to see your beloved Justin Timberlake. That will make everyone want to come and not too mention bring about a ton of photographers and then there could be some kind of riot of all kinds of people and I know our men cannot handle that. I do not care how many people we have working security, we cannot control that."

I roll my eyes and pull my papers back up to study. "Could you be anymore dramatic?!" I throw my feet up on the edge of my desk and ignore the man sitting across the room glaring at me. A few minutes pass before I turn back to him. "I promise you are overreacting. You just don't want them to have it here. I promised they could and I will not go back on my word. Security will handle the guest and I have some of the men assigned to be part of the catering crew so they can watch the guest who are moving in and out of the mansion."

Thinking the conversation was over, I am annoyed that James continues to sit in the chair, staring at me. "This is so stupid. Our men could be spending time keeping up with their physical training, they could be perfecting their precision with their weapons, and they could be carrying out their assignments but instead you choose to have them checking off names on a list, valet parking, and serving strangers so creme puff or whatever for fuck's sake." He keeps pushing this and I am starting to move past annoyed to frustrated to pissed. "Why can't they have it somewhere else?"

"They can't afford it. They don't roll in the dough like you, James."

"No, they may not but you do. You can pay for some extravagant location that offers their own wedding planner so Tabbetha can be at ease, a fantastic photographer, catering, and you can even pay for her family and friends to stay in a elegant hotel." James tries to offer an alternative.

"They don't want wedding to be paid for by me. They love each other and they want to be able to celebrate that with their family and friends. I offer them a location for free and they pay for everything else. They want to this to be normal as possible and I am doing what I can to grant that for them, besides I'm spending my money on their wedding gift." I smirk a little.

He just groans at this and throws his hands up in defeat. "I just want you to know that if there are any problems whatsoever, everyone will be leaving. If anyone gets in that ends up starting something like a shootout or anything, I will not be jumping in to save your stupid friends or your stupid boyfriend. I'll be there saving my life and I will do what I can to help out our men because it is not their fault you are using them for your own thrills but you and your friends and their guests are on their own." He storms out of my office with a slamming of the door.

I cannot stop the sigh that comes out. I see this will not go smoothly for me. I do not care though. This is not about me, this is about my friends and their so-called special day. I am about to get back to my papers when my cell phone rings. I grab it and see it is Justin and I cannot stop the smile when I answer it.

"Hey baby! What are you doing?" he asks me.

"I'm at work doing some research. You done with rehearsals already?"

"Nope. Of course not. The dancing Nazi is killing us here," he answers with a hint of humor and then I hear someone in the background say something so he adds a little louder, "but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end when we have a fantastic show." I hear the some person yell 'thats what I thought' back at Justin. I laugh at this. "Anyway, sorry about that. So I was thinking we could go home tonight and order some Chinese, lock ourselves in your room, watch some movies, and just hang out." He offers.

I smiles but then sigh. "I would absolutely love to but I have to do some research on some things, and also take care of some things around here." He does not have to day anything. I can hear the disappointment in his silence. "I'm so sorry, baby. I have to get this work done though, especially if I'm going to take time off for you concert and then Tabbetha and Chase's wedding."

He groans quietly. I'm sure he's rubbing his hand over his head like he normally does when he's frustrated and does not want to say anything he may regret. "Fine. Don't worry about it. I'm sure when I get done here, I'll be too tired to do anything anyway."

"Please don't be upset."

"I'm not upset." He lies to me.

"You're lying to me. I know you are."

"I'm really more annoyed and frustrated that work is always coming first. No matter what. I thought you said you were going to start doing other things every once in a while."

This time I groan. I was hoping we wouldn't get into this. "Don't be like this. I am going to work less for us. Its just that I need to get a lot done this next month. There's a lot I need to research and a lot that needs to be planned out before you're concert."

"So it's my fault that you work and don't want to be with me. You agreed to go to my concert so now you are going to take it out on my by working so much that you don't have to be with me?" His voice is getting louder and I'm sure people around him are staring at him.

"Don't be like this. I did not say it is your fault. I want to go to your concert and I need this done. What is the damn deal? You said yourself you'll probably be worn out after rehearsals." Now I'm getting ill and I know I need to control my temper. I take a deep breath and count to ten. "If its that big of a deal, come here and I'll let my guards know you're coming. We can have dinner here."

"Fine," he huffs. "Apparently this is going to be the only way I get to see my girlfriend unless we are being kidnapped or tortured to death."

"Justin--"

"I gotta go. Break is over." He cuts me off. "I'll call you when I'm done and on my way," and he hangs up on me. He didn't even tell me that he loves me like he normally does.

For the rest of the day I keep trying to keep myself from being distracted from my work. I get quite a bit done. I rushed a lot so I will be able to be with Justin when he gets here but I am disappointed in myself because I know my work is not as thorough as it could be. I know Justin wants me to be a normal girl with some normal job that allows me plenty of time to worship him but I cannot be that person. I like who I am, an strong independent woman, and I enjoy my work. It may be dangerous and my life may be on the line most days but it is what makes it all worth living. I am afraid he will not be able to understand this and will eventually lead to our downfall.

******

JUSTIN

My girlfriend annoys me, frustrates me, and down right pisses me off sometimes but I cannot help but love her. I realize our phone conversation did not go well today and as soon as I hung up I thought about it and I overreacted. She is doing what she can so she can go to my concert like I practically begged her to do and now I am holding it against her. It does bother me that she works so much and I feel like she would work on finding ways to kills others and/or get herself killed then be with me and find ways to make us work. As soon as I hung up the phone, I felt bad because I did so without telling her I love her and I thought about calling her back but I was afraid it would start up another argument. I thought about texting her to tell her but that just seemed like I was doing it out of obligation and I do not want her to think that.

The choreographer was nice enough to point out to me that I was not my normal 100% when I came back from break. We worked a little later than planned because of this. We eventually got through what we needed to. I feel bad for the other dancers because they had to work harder and longer because I could not get my head in the right place. My girlfriend is going to be the end of me.

I am on my way not to the mansion, hoping that we can have some kind of evening together. I am not holding my breath though. She may be sitting beside me but she will be working on something. I should just be happy that she is there physically though. When we are at the house, we usually end up calling it quits just as the night starts because James calls and demands she comes out to wherever and then she leaves. I am so tired of James. I understand there is no relationship between her and James, but she still jumps up and leaves every time she gets a call from the bastard. This would not bother me so much if it were not for the fact that he likes to be really smug about this fact. He always has a smirk on his damn face, and always as a quiet little remark just for me to hear, usually something stupid like 'I'll be sure to take really good care of her' or 'she'll be with me all night so no worries' and my favorite 'I'll try not to wear her out too much tonight.' The son of a bitch is going to get what is coming to him and I hope I'm there to see it.

I get to the gate and the guards wave me in and I drive up to the front door. As I park and get out of my car, I see Charles walking towards me. "Hey, man. Is Arianna around?" I ask as I walk up to the front door.

"She is but she is in her office right now. I'll go see if she is ready to for a break." He starts to walk away but I quickly stop him.

"Don't bother. I'll go get her." I state and head off in the direction of her office. Of course Charles did not like this because he followed right behind me yelling the whole way. As reach her door and choose not to knock as I swing the door open.

Arianna had obviously heard us coming because she did not jump when the door loudly slammed against a chair. Charles yells at me telling me that I cannot just come barging into the place just because of Arianna.

I turn back to him. "As a matter of fact, I can. Your guards let me in, so obviously they know I am supposed to be here. You did not look to shocked when you saw me pull up, so I'm guessing you know I am supposed to be here so fuck off." I yell at him. I almost feel bad because Charles has always been a great towards me, but I am not in the mood to be told I cannot see my girlfriend.

I turn to face Arianna and she stands from her desk and leans over it. "Don't worry, Charles. I will handle this." She sighs as she looks at me.

I cannot help but give the guy a smirk when I close the door on him. "That guy takes things too serious. He knows who I am."

She sits back down and rolls her eyes at me. "He takes his job serious because it is serious. He is right, Justin. You can't just barge in here like you own the place. This is technically a place of work and the job here does have high security risks. If it had been a new guy instead of Charles, you may have been shot, stabbed, or who knows," she rambles on, causing my frustration to grow. "Next time you need to follow the rules."

"Just great. Now I have to go through like seven different protocols just to see my girlfriend." I fall into the chair that I had hit with the door earlier. "Why can't I just have a girlfriend that I can see whenever I want. I can call you whenever I want and I can walk freely around her house?"

"You knew how this was going to be. I warned you." She is right. I was warned but this does not change the fact that it annoys the piss out of me. "Besides you can call me anytime you want. I just can't guarantee I can answer every time, but I believe that is the same way it is for me. I can't call you anytime either. You have rehearsals, meetings, recording sessions, and so on. You can't use that against me. Plus, you are free to walk around my house as you wish, but this is not my house. This is my office, my place of work. You can't expect free range, but if you wish, feel free to roam around." She tells me with a wave of her hand as she looks over papers, almost ignoring me.

"You going to roam around with me?"

"Yeah right. I'm busy. Let me finish this work and then we can hang out or whatever you want." She shows no interest in 'hanging out.'

"Well, please don't let me inconvenience you into doing something so horrible like 'hanging out' with your boyfriend. What the hell am I supposed to do? If I had known you had no intentions of doing something with me, I would have just saved gas in my car by not coming up here and not to mention save my time and troubles by fighting with your men to get to you." I am pissed and stand up to leave.

"Look, Justin," she starts as she puts her paperwork down to look up at me. "I told you I had to get this work done, but I promise we will do something when I am finished. There is not much for you to do, but I'll let my men know not to bother you and you can feel free to walk around the mansion. Go see the cook and get a snack. Go borrow one of my guns and go to the shooting range or something. I'll come find you as soon as I am done here."

"Yeah whatever."

******

It has been about an hour and a half and I am done walking around aimlessly. I have been to the kitchen. The cook was nice enough to share a bit of his 'secret recipe' soup that he was making for one of the men here. He is planning on purposing to his longtime girlfriend and the cook made a special meal for them to have during their candlelit dinner out in the courtyard under the stars. He even promised to set some aside for me to have later after I told him how amazing I thought it was. After visiting the cook, I decide to go get her Walther P99 that I knew she had in her room. I made visit to their shooting range. I was able to release some frustration but not enough. I eventually give up and return the gun to her bedroom and make my way back to her office.

On my way there I come across 'Room 7.' I remember Chase and Tabbetha talking about how great the room is, but they never told me why. I walk up to the door and there is a sign hanging on it that writing on it. It states 'Fuck off' in bold letters. I turn the sign over and see 'Heaven is Waiting' written on it. I am confused by this but put the sign back down. I shrug as I reach up to turn the knob, but before I get the chance I am pushed against the wall beside the door.

"What the fuck?!" I yell at James who is holding me there against the wall.

"Can't you read, Fucker? The sign says 'fuck off' in case you can't." He glares at me. "And just in case you don't understand what that means, it means to fuck off, not open the door. What in the hell would you do if someone walked in on you and Arianna?" He asks raising his brows in question.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I mean you would not want someone to walk in on you while you two were using the room would you? Or are you some kind of freak like that?" He now has a smirk plastered on his face as he let me go and just leans against the wall staring at me with his arms cross a this chest.

"I don't know what you mean by 'using this room.' We don't use this room. I was just curious what it was, not that it is any of your business."

He starts laughing and I am pretty sure it is at me. "You don't know what 'Room 7' is? You've been dating Arianna for over six months and you don't know this room is?" He continues to laugh. "This is priceless." He does not say anything more as he laughs his way down the hall and out of sight.

Now I am on a mission. Apparently I should know what this room is, but I don't. I rush my way back to my girlfriend's office and will demand to know just what James was talking about.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story