Time seems to have flown by. I am sitting in my office where I am supposed to be doing work and making sure that all of our missions come back as a success and all evidence is clear from us, thanks to our friendly officer that tends to owe us some. Instead, I am sitting behind my desk, doodling on a notepad, and waiting for Justin to call me. He is in rehearsals right now and supposed to call me when he is finished. We are spending the evening together with interruptions. There will be no Tabbetha and Chase tagging along, no important business calls for me, nothing. We decided that we would do alone time tonight so we can hang out with everyone the night before he leaves. This way everyone has a chance to give a proper goodbye.

I understand that I'll be seeing him again in a week for the concert and then again in another week for the wedding but that does not mean I am not looking forward to him leaving. I have gotten used to having him around. I get up and take a stroll around the mansion. I use this time to do tedious things like checking on things around the mansion, seeing how some of the men in the recovery wing are doing, checking up on the ones who are out on a mission, and so on.

There is not a ton for me to do right now because James and I have most of our main mission coming up planned out and now I am bored. He promised to finish up the small details and loose ends while I am at the concert and wedding and then we begin. I plan to undercover as some poor unfortunate girl who gets handed off to be held captive. I need to get in and get information on everyone involved and look into any others that may have been captive. I will have to find a way to get into the business rooms and meeting once I'm there to get information on the workings of the operations so it will be easier for James and the rest to take it down with the least about of casualties for our side. I am not too worried about their side.

James has decided he wants to disguise himself as a potential client. We believe this business deals with both drugs and women. We will take this bastard down and hard.

I am on my way back to my office when Justin calls me. I plan to meet him at the restaurant in an hour giving him time to shower and clean up. I finish one last check on the way to the office and decide to do one last look over on the main file before I head out. I grab the folder and open it to almost drop it when I see the top page. James must have placed it in the folder earlier today when he had it. I sit down as I stare at the note that read 'need well known buyer to get in = lots of money = Justin?' I cannot believe he would even consider this, knowing how I would feel about it. He was going to be the buyer, or one of our men, prove they have money.

I slam the folder down on the desk and call James to find out where he is. "I'm walking in the front door now. What's up?" He answers and I hear the door open and close. I snatch the folder back up and storm out of my office and to James. He sees me coming and smiles as he hands his jacket to one of the men like they are a butler or something. If I weren't so furious I would have rolled my eyes at this. "Hey. What's the hurry?" He asks. "Wait, don't you have a dinner date? Why are you here?" He does not wait for an answer as he walks away towards the back of the house.

I call out his name but he does not stop. After a few attempts I get enraged. "STOP!" I yell loudly.

He does so and turns to look at me with what seems to be an amused look. "What is your deal? Go have dinner." He laughs a little before he turns away but I will not allow it.

"Don't turn away from me," I command. I walk up to him and shove the folder into his chest. "What the hell are you thinking?" I demand to know what was going through his mind when he wrote this note.

"These are our plans for the big one. You should know that." He chuckles a little but I am not amused.

"And the new side note you added?"

"Oh no biggie. Just a thought I had." He is so nonchalant and I am so pissed off.

"No biggie? This is a biggie. You will not bring my boyfriend into this. He isn't even in this business. If you need a way to get in besides me then you tell me and we will discuss this as partners and use one of the men as a possibility." I glare at him.

"Our men would cause suspicion. They are all great liars and killers but they are too comfortable for this one. Justin would be a little nervous. We want to give off the illusion that there is no secret behind the business interactions. He would look nervous because of the illegal aspect of it and reputation issues, not because we are coming in to bust ass and kill. He would be these people's introduction to higher society. They would want him in. He'd be perfect." He has obviously thought a lot about this which just infuriates me more because he never said anything to me.

"Absolutely not! You will not try to bring Justin into this lifestyle. He's already in danger just by being with me but this is going too far." I push him into the wall behind him to add emphasis to my point. "Plus, he's going on tour and leaves in three days. There's no chance." I tell him assuredly and turn to walk away.

"I'll just ask him. I have a meeting tomorrow with the middleman"

I stop walking and turn back to him. "I'm not kidding. Leave him out of this." I demand and leave the mansion to go meet Justin.

I try to calm myself down. I want to enjoy this evening. No work distractions, no stress, no worries, and no propositions for Justin to join into our dangerous games where he does not belong. I must keep him out of them.

I am on my way out of the drive when Justin calls back and tells me that he will be running a little late because of a business call he got and he has to have some conference call with the big guys. He will just call me when he is finished and come pick me up at my house.

I go home and change clothes for dinner while I wait for Justin to call. It does not take me long to get ready so now I am pacing my floor trying to calm down and clear my head. I am trying to convince myself that James would never do this. It is a little after six when my phone rings.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. There apparently were some last minute changes in the tour schedule and they thought it die hard necessary to tell me. I'm on my way to get you now." He asks clearly short on breath, probably from running around trying to get cleaned up fast and running back to his car.

I tell him to calm down because I am not upset. He is about to go on tour and I expect him to have to rehearse a little longer, get details worked our, and so on. I hang up the phone after letting him know all is okay and he needs not to rush, creating a risk that is unnecessary.

When the doorbell rings, I know I have to get up to get it because the doors are locked and the two buttheads are at Chase's place for the night, part of our 'alone time' deal. I greet him at the door with a kiss.

"Ready to go?" He asks me offering his arm for me to take.

I still can't hold back the smiles I get when he goes all Southern Gentleman on me. His mom should be proud of him and herself, she raised him well. I grab a jacket and my purse and lock up again. "I'm so ready," I take his and walk to the car where he opens the door for me. A girl could really get used to this. He gets in on his side and starts up the car. "I'm hungry and can't wait to be with you without anyone interrupting." I admit with a small tint of pink rushing to my cheeks.

"Good because I'm excited to spend time with you, too."

We decide to go to our favorite place, Maria's. We know the food is fantastic, the service is excellent, and we are guaranteed privacy. When we arrive, we are taken back to our table and of course Maria comes out to greet us. She gushes over Justin's tour like a proud mom. The woman has come quite fond of the boy in the time that he has spent here with us. She is planning our wedding, naming our babies, and so much more. Every time she hints to me or talks about how great it would be, I don't even try to stop my eyes from rolling. She heads back to the kitchen while our server takes our orders and brings us our drinks.

"This is nice." He leans over and speaks softly. "I'm going to miss you," he tells me grabbing my hand and leaning closer to me. "I've grown fond of seeing you everyday."

I smile and lean in myself to the point where our noses are almost touching. "I enjoy seeing you everyday. It's definitely going to be different around here but just think I'll be out there in a week, and you'll be back here the week after that for the wedding, so you aren't getting rid of me anytime soon." I laugh a little trying to lighten the mood.

"I love you, Arianna." He says it so soft and gentle that I almost tear up.

"I love you, too, Justin." I lean in the rest of the way to give him a gentle kiss, but right before our lips touch we are interrupted by someone clapping loudly nearby.

"That is just too sweet. They really should make a movie about it. Gangster mob girl falls in love with small town boy."

I glare at James who has taken it upon himself to grab a chair and sit down at our table. Caroline, the hostess for the evening, comes rushing up. "I'm so so sorry, Miss Lombardi. I told him you said no disturbances, but he wouldn't leave."

"Please, call me Arianna and don't worry about it. It's not your fault this asshole can't seem to listen. I'll deal with this problem myself." I continue to glare at him. I feel Justin pulling away from me. I turn to him and see that he is not happy at all with our visitor. "I swear, Justin, I am not working tonight. I already warned this ass that I am not taking any calls." I tell him, making sure he knows this. I turn back to James, "What the hell are you doing here?" I try to keep my voice down so I do not attract any unwanted attention.

"Well I remember you telling me Justin here was leaving soon, and I wanted to bid him a farewell." He shrugs as he leans back in his chair.

"Go away. You have no business here." I stress.

"That hurts, Arianna. I just wanted to give him a proper goodbye."

"I think you should leave," Justin tells him with a glare of his own.

"Wow, you two are not the happiest couple to be around, but I'll leave if you insist." He stands up to leave. That was too easy, I cannot help thinking. Obviously I thought it too soon because he doesn't take two steps before he stops and turns to look at us again, but more at Justin than me.

"Don't you dare," I warn him through clenched teeth, causing Justin to look at me confused and then back at James.

"I'm thinking you two, as a couple, need to have more in common and I have a proposition for you, Justin." The evil bastard smirks as he walks back to our table. "Join us on our next big mission."

Justin just sits there in silence. "Absolutely not. I already told you this. It is too dangerous, he's not trained, and he goes on tour," I spit out. I am completely furious with him at this moment.

"All he needs to be trained with is a gun and maybe a few defensive moves. He won't be doing much."

"Get one of the men that are already trained," I demand.

"No," he replies simply looking back at Justin. "We need a fresh set of eyes. Our men are too jaded when it comes to combat and the environments surround them. Justin will see things others would overlook as simple everyday things. "

"Get one of the new men then. He's not doing it and thats final."

James smirks at me and raises his eyebrows. "Why don't you let your man speak for himself?" James turns back to Justin as do I.

He is just sitting there silently, so I speak up. "Justin, don't listen to him. He is just looking for one more way to piss us, mainly me, off before you leave." I take his hand back in mine. "Your going on tour and we will do this mission without you, and we'll be fine." Justin shakes his head and I assume that means he agrees and he will not be 'helping out.' "See? He's going on tour." I say as a matter-of-fact.

"Of course he is," James laughs, and I know more is to follow that statement. He does not give up so easily. "That's where he'd go either way. He would be doing most of his stuff over the phone. I just need him tomorrow for a meeting and when you come back for that awful wedding, we'll meet again."

I lean up and glare harder at James, if that is possible. I am fully away that if looks could kill, this man would be a pile of ashes. I am wishing I had used real bullets the last time I shot him. I always end up regretting the rubber bullets later on. I open my mouth to to tell him where to go but Justin speaks up before I can. "What would I be doing?"

I whip my head around with shock written all over it. "Nothing because you aren't doing it." I turn back to James to see the cocky smile that reads success all over it.

"I'll give you all the details if you want in. I just need to know you are in." James holds his hand out waiting for Justin to agree and shake on it.

"Justin, don't. We came here to have dinner and to spend the evening together, no work and no distractions. Don't let him do this." I beg him.

"I want all the details." Justin states as he grabs onto James' hand and shakes and all I can do is fight back the tears that are trying to escape.

James has officially crossed the line and has now brought my boyfriend over to dangerous territory. I don't think I can handle this.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story