Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the feedback! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading it. Hope you enjoy this update.
I inwardly groan as I roll out of bed. Last night did not go the way I had hoped. James was with us through the entire meal as he and Justin discussed the plans for his part in the mission. I was not talked to for the whole conversation. They made it clear that my opinion did not matter at all. I am pissed at James for doing this and upset with Justin for ignoring my wishes to team up with the guy that he swears he hates. After dinner, James tells Justin that they would discuss more in the morning and we came back home and I just went to bed.

I am now waking up still upset and sore as hell from tossing and turning all night. I make my way out of the bedroom to go downstairs to call Chase. Maybe I can talk to him and see if he can talk some sense into his friend. If that does not work, maybe Tabbetha can beat it into him. I get ahold of them and tell them to come back to the house. They need to talk to him before James gets here.

I need to distract myself so I go to the kitchen and start cooking. It is about an hour before Justin makes it down the stairs. By this time, Tabbetha and Chase are sitting at the kitchen table and it is covered in everything. I made eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, waffles, cut up some fresh fruit, and had milk, fresh orange juice and fresh lemonade. I had lots of food. I made an abundant amount of each. Chase and Tabbetha are already stuffing their faces when Justin sat down to join them.

"Good morning, you two. You are back here early. I assumed you would be a while before you came back here." Justin states as he piles food on his plate. He leans over to me and kisses my cheek, "good morning, baby."

I shrug but do not reply. It may be childish but the silent treatment is about the best I can do to keep myself from saying something I may later regret. I see the two sitting across from me look at me with peaked interest I am sure. I just roll my eyes and continue to finish my plate.

"So, how was your night last night? Enjoy your alone time?" Chase asks laughing at the joke he had in his own mind.

"I wouldn't know how alone time is. James was with us all night." I huff.

"Are you serious? Why didn't you make him leave, Arianna. You promised Justin you wouldn't work." Tabbetha starts throwing accusations out which just adds to my rage.

"For your fucking information, I was not the one that invited him. I told him to leave but someone else chose to have him stay through our entire dinner, ignoring me the whole night." I grab my plate and discard it in the sink and walk out of the kitchen.

What is wrong with me? I have never been so childish when it has come to boys. If they piss me off, I just leave. I cannot believe I am letting him get to me this way, especially dealing with James.

 

JUSTIN

I sit at the table quietly, pushing my food around the plate. After Arianna stormed out of the kitchen, I cannot look up because I am afraid of what Chase and Tabbetha may say, but I know I will not have to look up to get Tabbetha's thoughts.

"What have you done?!" She speaks out just as I knew she would.

I do not think I realized how much last night upset Arianna until I saw her storm out. I know I am the only one to blame on this one. I am always giving her a hard time about pushing us to the side for work and always being distracted during our dates and the one night she does everything she can to keep that from happening, I let James take over our date. I am such an idiot. "I guess I let James get to me. He started talking about me having more in common with Arianna and joining in on a mission. I figured that we would have something to talk about." I place my head in my hands.

"You what?!" Tabbetha jumps up from her chair. "I cannot believe you would even listen to a word that conniving little idiot, and I won't even go into the fact that ignored her all night when you have a limited amount of nights left before you leave to go on tour to be surrounded by a phenomenal amount of women." Tabbetha is clearly pissed at me and leaves the room to go after Arianna.

I look up at Chase who is just sitting there eating his breakfast. "What? No words of hatred or wisdom from you?"

He just shakes his head while he chews his mouthful of food.

"Oh come on. You're one of my friends from way back when and you've been close friends with her for a while now. You have to have something to say." I want to hear what he has to say.

"Anything I can say, I am sure you have already yelled at yourself about." He shrugs as he takes a drink of orange juice to help wash down the food he is shoving into his mouth. "I believe Arianna is more pissed at James for trying to get you into the business. I am sure it is his way of holding onto her for longer. She's probably upset with you because you fell for it and on top of that she doesn't want you in the business. She's done everything she can to keep you from it and to shield you from it, especially after that whole kidnapping and torture thing you went through. I don't think she can bear seeing you like that again. Now as for my lovely fiancee I think she is just one big ball of dramatics. She loves her friend and hates James. It is clear whose side she will take." Chase is a man of few words but he is a man of wise ones. "This is all your choice, bro. If you want in then join in. Arianna will get over it and do everything she can to keep you safe. If you don't want to do it then don't. James won't hold it against you, or Arianna will take care of that quick. Tabbetha, on the other hand, will learn that this is none of her business and she will go with whatever you all decide. If you truly believe that you will help the mission and help Arianna in doing so then I say go for it. I would love to be able to play some crazy badass guy who gets to shoot at people and beat the hell out of them." He laughs as he sits back in his chair, trying to digest all that mountain of food he ate I am sure. "My advice is to listen to them both. Figure out what you really will be doing and make the decision from there. Do not makes your decision just because you think that is what she wants or what he wants. "

"Thanks, bro. That helps a lot." I say as I start to eat again. "Do you think she'll be mad at me for long. I really don't want to spend the rest of our time like this and we all know that I don't want Tabbetha mad at me. The stupid sarcastic comments and snide remarks get old after a while." I laugh a little.

"They will be fine. I am sure that Arianna is ranting and raving about James and what she will do to him the next time she sees him and I am most definitely sure that Tabbetha is sitting there listening to her and enjoying it, especially the more painful scenarios."

I laugh at this statement because I know it is most likely true. I try to not worry about it and finish my breakfast. Hopefully, Arianna will have calmed down a bit by the time I go out there and she'll talk to me about all of this. I cannot deny that I am intrigue by the proposition and I cannot deny that I am intrigue by the idea of being able to live her lifestyle for a short time. Justin Timberlake by day and undercover killer by night, except no killing for me. I do not believe I will be able to handle that part.

I finish eating and get up to go join the girls in the living room. I turn back to Chase who is leaning back in his chair look comfortable. "You not going to come join us?"

"Oh hell no. You two are going to get into a heated discussion and I prefer not to be apart of that. You can, however, send my fiancee back in here because she'll want to join in the conversation and add her two cents." He sits his chair back down on all four legs and stands up. "I'll be out back, send her my way." He laughs and shakes his head as he heads out the back door.

I walk into the living room and see the scene that Chase just described but being acted out for me. "That sorry lying conniving sorry excuse for a man will pay for this. He ignored my orders and I do not look kindly upon that. I will rip his teeth out one at a time. Break his fingers one at a time. If he passes out from pain, I wait until he wakes up to continue. He won't scream because we have trained ourselves not to. I'll continue until he does though." Arianna crosses her arms and nods her head with great assurance.

Tabbetha is, as Chase had said, sitting on the couch with a huge smile on her face similar to that of a child that is waiting for the next present at Christmas. She is leaning forward with every statement. I am almost tempted to wait to see if she will fall of the couch, but decided we need to talk and get it all out there.

"Chase says you should go join him. He is out back." I declare before Arianna can say anymore.

Tabbetha just sits there and pouts. "I will do no such thing. My friend needs me." She nods as if she had bestowed great wisdom.

I cock my eyebrows up and shake my head. "I'm going to talk to her right now and Chase says you need to go join him." I am a little more firm with the last statement.

She goes to open her mouth to speak again but Arianna stops her this time. "Go join him. I think I am more than capable of having this conversation without you. Plus, I don't need any remarks from the peanut gallery during this."

Tabbetha just stands up and huffs as she stomps out of the room. I hear the door open and slam shut as she goes outside to join Chase. I chuckle at the childish act, but I stop when I look over at Arianna who is standing there with her arms still crossed, rolling her eyes, then looking over at me with an expectant look. I do not know what to say to her, which does not seem to be a problem for her.

"I cannot believe you are such an idiot." She definitely knows how to start a conversation. "James is using you and because you want to be some kind of James Bond, you are willing to overlook the fact this whole thing is extremely dangerous. You have no idea what you are getting into. You have a tour to go on, a public image to protect, and a life to keep alive." She is obviously pissed with me.

"You know what? If you don't want me to do this then fine I won't," I start to yell back. "My agreement to do this had nothing to do with wanting to be James Bond or something like that. I agreed because I was hoping that this could be a step to having something that would allow you to open up to me much more. I tell you all about my day in the studio, how my rehearsals are going, how I feel when I'm on stage, how annoying the paparazzi is, and so on and so forth. You don't do much more than come home and say 'work went well' or 'no one was killed today' and I want you to talk to me. I know that I don't understand it all but it would be great if my girlfriend would talk to me." I feel my blood pressure rise and my face turn red. "I wanted this because I was hoping that if I got involved you would start to talk to me more. You would tell me exactly how you feel, exactly who you got involved with or whatever you could tell me. I wanted to help and if getting involved would do that then so be it. It has nothing to do with some selfish tendency to be James Bond." I finally stop pacing and look right at her. "I think your biggest problem with me doing this is that you want to stay the 'badass' in this relationship. You don't know how to ask for help. If you get help then you may not be such a badass afterward and I don't think you can handle that."

Her jaw goes slack for a second. I see she tries to speak but does not know how to reply. She starts pacing and rubbing her hands over face and through her hair, obviously trying to think of something to say. I sit down on the stairs and just wait for her to say something. As much as I want to just walk away, we need to talk about this. If she really does not want me to help then I won't but I want to know why. She finally stops to stand right in front of me.

"Fine. If you are so hell bent on 'helping' then you have an extremely short amount of time to get ready. James will be here soon, I am sure of it. If you truly want to do this then we have about an hour to get you comfortable with a gun. You will have one on you anytime you meet with these people. You have to be comfortable with one. That means comfortable with not only carrying one but also using one. That is not long."

"I know how to use a gun." I state.

"On a person? You need to be able to appear as if you wouldn't have a problem shooting a person if they crossed you. It is much different then shooting a target or deer hunting. You may not use the thing but you may need to point it at someone to show that you would if you had to. You can't afford to be shaking when you do that. You have to have confidence to carry a gun on your holster and confident enough to use it. That is not all. You need to be knowledgeable on guns to, know the difference between guns. After your gun lesson, we have a short amount of time to get you trained in some defensive martial arts. If something goes wrong, you will need to be able to defend yourself as much as possible. James and I will not be going with you on this. They may not know us but they most likely know our reputations. They will quickly catch on if we show up ready to battle. Plus, I will be undercover. We will get to that later. James will be watching and listening in just in case something goes wrong and you need backup but he won't get there immediately so you need some skills. Our men usually train for at least a year before put in a situation like this. You have a few hours. The meeting is set up with the middleman tonight and then you have a meeting with the big guy after that if it goes well. You will need to convince him that you are there for this business arrangement. Once you go in, you cannot back out. It creates suspicions." She explains all of this to me, and I start to feel a little more nervous about it now. James talked very little about it last night, in these terms anyway. I was so set on being some kind of help that I did not think things through all the way. "Are you sure you want to do this? If you do then we will get started. I will take you to the mansion right now and tell James to meet us there. If not, no harm done and we will find another way. I need to know though." She crosses her arms again and is standing over me as I sit on the stairs.

I feel as if she is looking down on me, trying to intimidate me into changing my mind and backing out. I will not let her push me into this. I stand up, allowing myself to stand taller than her and look down at her. I nod with assurance, "I'm in."

 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story