I walk into the small shop and am led to the back. This is so stereotypical. A man is led to the back of some hardware store, restaurant or whatever it may be. In the back is some some room where some badass wannabe is waiting with a bunch of thugs standing around with guns to intimidate, or there's a poker game in progress and they spit out some threat and shoot some guy that got a better hand. I roll my eyes at the whole idea. I follow the guy in front of me to the back. He opens the door and where I expect a poker game to be or some group of thugs, there is just three guys. One is sitting at an empty table in front of me and the other two are standing at each end of the table.

I walk into the room and the guy that let me in, walks out closing the door behind me. I walk closer and the two goons on the end walk over to me and I stop. They start to search me for weapons I am sure.

"What is it that you are wanting?" The guy sitting down asks me.

I do not move, but I do keep eye contact with guy. I was warned by both Arianna and James.

"Make sure you don't fight the search. They will find and take the gun in your waistband and the one in the holster under your jacket. Keep eye contact. If you show that you are nervous then they will probably search you more extensively. With your lack of reputation in this business they will only look in the most obvious places. Don't let the goons scare you."

After the two guns were taken, they laid them on the table and went back to the table like predicted. The knife and one-shot derringer still in my left boot and the small revolver in my right. "I've come here to talk to your boss. I have some business for him, and I need to make arrangements soon because I leave town in two days. I am sure he will be very interested in my offer but I won't go through you."

"I believe I am the one with the guns, the muscles, and oh yeah your guns. You tell me the plans, and I will tell you if it is worth our time." The guy is smug. "I highly doubt someone in your situation has much business with us."

"You must be confident with him. He knows who you are so he knows you have money. He will be interested in what you have to say, so he will take it to his boss, but if he gives you a hard time then leave. He won't let you get far. His boss will be pissed if he loses out on money."

"Thats fine. If you think that way then I will take my business elsewhere." I grab the guns that are on the table and place them back in the holster and my waistband. "Hate that you feel like I wasted your time." I make it to the door before I hear the guy scoot his chair back and stand up.

"Hold it. I believe I will tell you when it is okay to leave. I believe it will be a waste of time, but he may not. Meet here at midnight. If he is interested in even listening to you then he will be there." The man handed me a simple white card with an address on it.

I snatch the card out of his hand. "I suggest you tell him that it will definitely be worth his while." I say as I leave the room and the store. I walk about a block down the street and a red ferrari is there waiting for me. I jump in and see Arianna driving. "Very conspicuous." I roll my eyes.

"Since when are you conspicuous? This would be more obvious than a station wagon." She smirks. "What did you get?"

"I thought you were listening in to make sure I was safe?" I give her a look of disbelief.

"Not me. James was walking around the store, shopping, but we didn't really listen in. We knew this one was going to be the easy one." She smiles at me.

"Whatever." I hand over the card. "I have to be there at midnight which is in..." I look at my watch "...about three hours. More training?" My adrenaline is pumping now.

"No more training. It will take about an hour to get here and in the meantime, we go over what you are going to do this time around because it will be a little more in tense." She warns me. "We meet up with James at the mansion and then we get our cars and head out. We can discuss the plans on the way. Wonders of bluetooth in the car."

"Cars? Who do I ride with this time?" I want to know my company and our car of choice.

"No one. You will be driving yourself and you will be driving this." She says as we pull up into the drive and in front of the mansion is sitting the car see is referring to. My mouth drops and I can barely wait until the car stops to jump out.

"This is a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. This just came out as a world debut. How do you have it already?" I run my hands over the car. "You know what? Nevermind. Of course you have it already. I've seen your garage." I am admiring the car and I hear her snicker behind me. I turn around and I that James has joined her behind me and they are both laughing now. "What is funny now?"

"You haven't seen our garage." Arianna tells me.

"You gave me a tour remember." I remind her as if she were a confused child.

"Oh I remember. I remember giving you a tour of one of the floors of the garage." She smiles with a huge twinkle in her eye. I am sure it matched mine.

"There are multiple floors?" I ask as my eyes widen with excitement.

"Yes. There's the floor with our main cars we use, and then we each have a floor with our favorite cars and what can be considered as show cars. I'll let you see it later. We really need to go though."

I nod a little disappointed but I know I'll get to explore those cars later. Now I jump into the car that is mine for a few hours. I close the doors and look around. Every gadget and hookup that is possible for a car is in this one. I rub my hands together in anticipation. My girlfriend is my dream girl. There is no doubt in my mind.

***

This time I am not feeling so confident. I park in front of what seems to be an abandoned office building. I was expecting a huge warehouse but this works too. I do not see any signs of anyone else, so I start to worry that I messed up and and the boss guy is not going to show up. I walk up to the door and look into the window and door to see if there are any lights. I see none . I sigh and start to turn around when I see a huge guy standing behind me. This guy would probably make King Kong run away.

"You planning on leaving?" The guy asks, not moving at all. "Because I would hate to be the one to tell the boss that you decided to leave after having us meet you out here in the first place."

"I wasn't leaving. I was just going to see if I got the right address." I say and silently berate myself. I cannot believe I just said that. Some mob guy I will make.

"That is good to hear. Follow me." He orders as he enters some code into a keypad that I had missed a minute ago. The door opens and I see the inside of the building. It looks like a regular office building, but he has learned from Arianna that nothing is what it seems with these people.

Sure enough, the boulder man led me down a hallway to the right and then to an elevator. It isn't long before we are two stories down. We walk out and there are a lot of men walking around and working on something. They are all wearing guns and most of them are quite a bit larger than me. If I was not so scared shitless at this moment, I would probably shit on myself. I look around me the whole time I am following and seeing different types of things. Some men are welding something that did not look safe. I am pretty sure that in one of the side rooms, through a crack in the door, I see someone being tortured horribly, and I see a few people handling a large quantity of guns.

I continue through the building, and towards the back, I see an office with windows that allow me to see in. I see a man in a very expensive suit sitting at his desk with a woman sitting on his desk. From what I can tell, she is dressed in something revealing. We walk in and the man dismisses the girl with a simple wave and the boulder man closes the shades over the windows. "What do I owe the pleasure of your company, Mr. Timberlake?" The man behind the desk ask as he leans forward.

Before I can reply, one of the men proceeds to search me. The same two guns are removed from under my coat and placed across the room from me. I am scared, but doing everything I can to stay calm.

"Don't worry about this. If they take your guns, remember you have your derringer and revolver and knife. My advice is that if for any reason, something goes wrong, do what you can to go after the boss. If you hit him at all, most of the men will flock to him, and then you can use whatever you can to get out of there. We will be close by for this one."

I do not care what they say. I am not confident with this one. "I have come to you for a great proposition for you. A chance for you to make easy money." I tell him.

"I'm listening." He leans a little more forward with a bigger grin on his face.

I start to ease a little. "Well I am willing to pay you half a mil. for something very simple. With this money, I get the services I request and you get my money plus if you prove to be helpful, I all you a way into my people. Believe me, celebrities are willing to pay out ridiculous money for ridiculous things." I tell him, almost confident.

"What services are you referring to and what makes you think that I need that money. I do quite well, thank you very much." He leans back in his chair now with a waiting look.

"Your monkey man that I talked to earlier," I start by pointing out the man that is in the corner of the room who is giving me a death glare, "talks a lot. I know that you are into drugs, guns, and women. Well those are the top three that I care about. As you know, I am a high profiled man. I live my life in front of a camera most of the time. I have come to you because highly doubt you let my drugs trace back to you which means it is harder for people to know I do them. I, like most most celebrities, like to have a little recreational fun that tends to be frowned upon. People, dealers, talk for money. As it is clear to us all, you do not need the money nor the publicity that comes from selling me out." I pitch the offer. "I am offering you 250 for the drugs and the other 250 is for the other part of this deal. I have a lady friend that I do not need to be out in the public. People talk. I can't take her on tour with me but I want to keep her around. I worry that if I leave her to wonder around free she will wish to come visit me. I have a girlfriend and fans that can't see her. The 250 is for you to keep her here, like a storage area for people." I make my point and I see him nod with slight approval. "I will be gone for only three months, but a lot of trouble can happen in three short months. I do not want you to beat on her or lock her up in some dank hole in the wall to fight to stay alive. I will not tell you how to do your job, but if I am happy with the results of both the drugs and my lady friend when I return, you will get an additional half mil as a thank you. That means, when this is done, you will have an extra million, a satisfied customer, and someone who can bring more millions in without much thought. I have a lot of influence." I smile with such assurance that it almost shocked me.

"I am intrigued. When will these three months begin?"

"I leave in two days to go back to LA for business but I'll be back in two weeks for a personal function. I want her for those days so I will bring her to you when I am down with her in two weeks. I expect to be able to have her whenever I request her. She is still my property. I am just paying you for storage. I will keep in touch with you about her and the drugs throughout my tour."

"I like you, Justin. I will kill you if you cross me, but I do like you." The man in the suit stands up. "I believe we have a deal. I will give you a number that you can contact to pick up your drugs or drop off your woman. I expect your money before you leave for LA. It will be a pleasure doing business with you." He shakes my hand.

"I believe this will work. You will have your money before I leave." I assure him. "You may want to let your monkey man that he may want to be careful next time he tries to turn someone away." I look over at the guy I was talking about and saw his glare turn into shock and I believe slight fear.

"Thanks for the tip. I will definitely handle this." He sits back down and waves to his men. One of them grabs my guns and guides me to the door. "'Monkey Man' can stay here." I hear the guy say as we walk out and the door shuts. I think I heard yelling and possibly a gunshot as we walk back through the large room.

This time through my head is held higher and I do not look around me. We go back up the elevator and back through the fake offices. They lead me to the door I entered through, and just as I am about to step out, they hand me my guns. I thank them and place them back in their spots. I get back in my car and drive off to the meeting spot, a diner in town. I contact the other two on the drive over and we race to get there. Of course, I do not win but it is good to see that Arianna beat James. I wasn't out to win. I was more out for the speed and the adrenaline rush. I can see how Arianna was pulled into this lifestyle and why she has stayed for so long. I am rushing and I haven't done much more than talk to someone, use my acting skills in a whole new way. This is great.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story