CHAPTER THREE

Sunday, November 10, 2002 (Ten AM)

Dirty pop, baby, baby you can't stop, I know you like this dirty pop...Dirty pop, baby, baby you can't stop, I know you like this dirty pop...Dirty pop--

What the hell?

Opening his eyes, JC scanned the room, trying to find out where the annoying chirp was coming from; surprised when he realized it was from the phone of the person laying down beside him.

"Shit!"

My sentiments exactly. JC thought to himself, while remembering the events of the night before.

The entire events.

Unfortunately though, before he could say this comment out-loud, Rebecca had already jumped up out of bed and was quickly scrambling around the room; trying to find her dress, her shoes--and JC guessed, as well--her other unmentionables.

She must be in more disbelief than I am right now...

"Becca.."

As if she didn't hear him, Rebecca continued to scan the room trying to remember if she was forgetting anything or not--only stopping when JC said her name once more, this time in a louder fashion.

"Rebecca!"

"What?" The younger female questioned; causing JC--who hadn't gotten that far in which approach he should use--to hold up Rebecca's phone, which was interestingly enough still going off.

"Thanks. I just remembered I promised Cathy I'd watch Kayla for her while she ran into the office for a couple hours, and if I don't hurry up I'm going to be late." Rebecca replied, before taking the device out of JC's hands and finally silencing the annoying ring-tone. "I should be back in a couple hours if you want to over-analyze everything that just happened last night. We'll talk about it then, okay?"

Without even bothering to wait for JC to respond to this question, Rebecca turned on her heels and made her way out of the older man's room; shutting the door behind her after she went through it.

God, she makes some of the hastiest exits.

~*~

After completely running two red lights, Rebecca found herself in front of Cathy and Justin's door-step only fifteen minutes after she had left a confused JC behind.

He'll just have to wait til I come back to put this whole ugly thing behind us---I hope it doesn't take us more than a half-n-hour though, I want to at least make it home in time to watch America's most wanted.

With that thought in mind, Rebecca quickly knocked on the door in front of her; after a second coming face-to-face with a slightly angry looking Cathy.

"You're late."

Knowing that she was indeed twenty minutes behind schedule, Rebecca quickly told the frazzled woman in front of her that she was really sorry. "Something just came up."

Giving the younger woman a quick once-over, Cathy smirked slightly to herself, before replying: "I'm sure...but we'll talk about why you're wearing a wrinkled black dress and smudged make-up some other time. Right now, I really need to get going before I'm more late than I already am---Kayla's in her high-chair in the kitchen."

And with that being said, Cathy was gone; shutting the front door behind her, after she went.

And they say I'm nuts....

~*~

(Six PM)

"Clear my eyes, it's the morning after, did I fall in love or did I find disaster? Take a second just to breathe, I pick my heart up off my sleeve, yeah. There she goes and I know she knows, by the way she eased out on her tippy-toes. Skip the breakfast tea for two, we made no plans to rendezvous, yeah."

Knowing that the words he had just written down in front of him would definitely not go with the beat Dallas had given him 'caused JC to sigh in frustration; before flipping towards another blank piece of paper; hoping to finally put the events from last night behind him, and instead focus on coming up with a song for him to record for his and Dallas' upcoming project.

A task which was easier said than done, he assumed, as the doorbell began to ring.

There's only one guess as to who that could be. He commented to himself, knowing that besides Rebecca, he wasn't expecting for anyone else to show up to his house that day.

"Hey." He said, after opening the door--finding Rebecca in the same clothes as she had worn before, behind it. "Come on in."

"Thanks." Rebecca responded back, before making her way through the front door and into the living room; afterwards taking a seat on the couch--just as she had done so, the night before. "So, where do you want to begin?"

That's a loaded question if I ever heard one. JC thought to himself, before--after thinking about it for a second--taking a seat on the couch beside Rebecca; winning him a roll of the eyes after doing so. "I guess you can start."

"All right.." Rebecca began, before taking a deep breath in and then outwardly continuing with: "I guess I should take most of the blame for what happened last night, seeing as I was the one who kissed you first. I didn't mean for it to go as far as it did, and if you want, we can just forget the whole thing ever happened and pretend like we really didn't sleep together, okay?"

Wow, she really is like one of the guys...JC commented to himself, knowing that back in the day that would have been definitely something him or Justin would've said at this particular moment in time.

Interestingly enough though, it wasn't what JC wanted right now.

"I don't know about you, but I don't think it's going to be that easy to forget about it just like that..."

I'm not even sure if I want to forget about it just like that.

Noticing the confusion on Rebecca's face caused JC to not be surprised when her next question was: "So, what are you saying?"

Not really sure what he was saying at the moment caused JC to take a second to think about it before replying: "Maybe we should just see where this is going. I mean, we're both two single consenting adults, and we obviously had a good time last night or it wouldn't have happened in the first place...so, how about we just leave it at that?"

After a second's pause, where neither of them said anything but instead just looked at one another, Rebecca hesistantly replied: "And what if it happens again?"

A statement which caused JC to slightly shrug his shoulders iin response before replying: "Then it just happens again...as long as it doesn't ruin our friendship, or anyone else's for that matter, I don't see a problem in it. Do you?"

After taking a second to think about it for a minute, Rebecca let a small smile slip across her face while replying:

"Absolutely not."

~*~

Monday, November 11, 2002 (DARP Recording Office)

Seeing as though JC was already in town, Dallas decided that come Monday morning, they should just go ahead and lay down the track that JC had written for the Drum Line soundtrack; a fact which JC was more than happy to oblige.

"I'm ready whenever you are." Dallas commented, behind the pixi glass, before cuing up the music once JC replied that he was ready. "All right, do your thing then."

"Saw you around the other day. Shawty, she was all the way, looked like you were feeling me, so I had to come and see. Girly wasn't trying to hate, but she had to demonstrate that she was the queen to be, but she couldn't fight the chemistry and I say I...I..I...I can't lose you. I, I, I....oh.."

As the chorus to Blowing me up (with her love) began, JC couldn't help but smile to himself as he noticed the smile that was clearly evident on Dallas' face as the older man nodded his head to the beat.

"She was disco lights on a Friday night, she moved across the floor. Suga, she was oh so tight like dynomite, blowing me up with her love. She was on the phone with me, all night long, I just can't get it enough. She was uh, uh, oh, uh, uh, oh, blowing me up with her love."

After finishing up the rest of the song, JC waited until the music had died down before asking the older man what he thought; receiving a round of applause for his efforts. "That's what I'm talking about! You nailed it on the first try...come on out here so I can play it for you."

Removing the head-phones from his ears, JC sat the device down on the table beside him before joining Dallas at the soundbooth; smiling minutes later after hearing the playback of the song.

"Sounds even better the second time around." Dallas commented, before shutting off the music and then hitting his friend with a serious question. "So, when are you planning on heading back into the studio to make your own solo album? I'd love to be a part of it if you want me too."

Even though the thought of working with Dallas on his solo album brought a smile to JC's face, the smile soon lessened up a little as JC realized he wasn't exactly sure when he'd be able to make that dream become a reality.

"Jive doesn't want any of us to come out with a record until they see how well Justin's album does on the charts. They want to make sure that his album sells before backing up any other solo projects that the rest of us guys want to do."

Surprised that they would have the balls to do that to someone as talented as JC caused Dallas to say that comment out loud and then afterwards follow it up with: "Well, have you tried to go somewhere else and see if they'll back you up with your record? I'm sure there are a bunch of record labels out there who would be dying to have someone like you under their company."

I've already been signed to two...JC thought to himself, thinking back to when, years before, him and the rest of the guys were signed under Lou Pearlman's company. "Jive's always been really good to me, I don't know if I'm ready to terminate my business relationship with them just yet." And understanding exactly what he meant caused Dallas to reply: "I feel you, but you should definitely try and see if you can get a solo album out there sometime soon 'cause people are really starting to sleep on your vocal ability..I can even help you if you want."

Knowing that Dallas had already helped him out so much caused JC to smile slightly at the older man, before outwardly commenting that he'd think about it.

A comment which caused Dallas to reply:

"Hey, that's all I ask."

****
Next part soon.

Incomplete
AANIKITA is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Crazy Love (A sequel to Daddy's Lil Angel) also liked 165 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: lyrics jc solojc