[Comments - 6]
Summary:

Joshua Chasez is living a perfectly wonderful Rockwellian existence. He married his college sweetheart, had two beautiful children, owns his own design firm and is on the road to Architectural fame. His life is perfect... so why is he haunted by a dream that won't go away, a song that is clawing its way out of him, a life he could have had, were it not for that failed Disney audition?

When push comes to shove, will Joshua have to choose between the life he's always dreamed of, or the dream life he's already living? 


Rated: R
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes
Word count: 21437 Read: 17495
Published: Sep 13, 2009 Updated: Sep 13, 2009
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

I started this awhile ago, as a sort of AU. I just wanted to write something different. I got stuck near the beginning, and put it away, and went back to work on All I Wanna Do. Now that I've reached a point where I need a break from that long story, I decided to pull this out and see what I could make of it. I'm really happy with the result!

The only thing you really need to know, for this story is that instead of acing the Disney audition, he's so nervous that he tanks it! He never makes it to MMC, never makes it Nsync, never becomes a solo artist and the genius we know and love. This story is about the music that burns inside of him, anyway-- it's got to come out, no matter what. 

1. Chapter 1 by MissM [Comments - 2] (4996 words)
Meet Joshua and Celeste Chasez. Theyr'e living the good life-- or are they? During the day, all is great. At night, Josh is haunted by a recurring nightmare.

2. Chapter 2 by MissM [Comments - 0] (4879 words)
A pivotal meeting could push his career forward.... but what about the song?

3. Chapter 3 by MissM [Comments - 0] (3423 words)
TBA

4. Chapter 4 by MissM [Comments - 2] (2556 words)
The song is complete and Josh has the chance to share it with Orlando... and maybe the WORLD.

5. Chapter 5 by MissM [Comments - 0] (3336 words)
It's decision time-- the original nightmare returns, except he's living it. Which way does he go?

6. Chapter 6 by MissM [Comments - 2] (2247 words)
The "dramatic" conclusion. Celeste has an idea that would let him live both dreams... if only he would just take the leap.