Destin'ys eyes widened as they approached Justin's house. She had never seen a house that big, She looked over at Justin with amazement on her face.

"Wow Justin, you live here? This is incredible." she said in awe as the car stopped in the driveway.

Justin had to smirk at that. He loved his house but he didn't find it all that amazing.

 "It's nothing special really" he shrugged with a smile as he helped her out of the car and handed her the crutches.

"Yeah Justin, it is. How the heck can you afford this?"

Justin raised an eyebrow but then realized she didn't reconize who he was. She hadn't freaked out when their eyes met. She really had no clue, and he liked that. It was nice to have someone treat him as just Justin.

"My job pays pretty good I guess you could say"

"I'd say so." she smiled at him as he helped her into the house.

"This is beautiful. How long have you lived here?" she asked turning her head to make eye contact with him.

"A year maybe?" he guessed. "I like it though, away from the rush of the city. I can just relax here"

"I know what you mean. I have a place like that too" Destiny said sitting on the couch, setting the crutches next to her.

"Here, we need to eleveate your ankle" Justin said taking a pillow and placed it under ankle. "Are you comfortable? You need me to get you a drink?"

Destiny giggled. "No, I'm fine thanks."

"Are you sure? I don't mind getting you something" Justin asked.

"Really. I'm alright." she assured him.

Justin nodded, sitting on the couch next to her, making sure to be careful that he didn't bump her ankle.

"So Destiny, tell me about yourself?" he said giving her that captivating smile.

"Uh, well nothing too exciting. I was born in Mississippi and moved here to California with my family when I was 4, my childhood was kind of rough as well as my recent days but I don't want to talk about it" she said suddenly putting up that wall she was so familiar with.

"Destiny?" Justin asked concerned.

"I'm sorry Justin, I just can't. It's really hard for me to talk about" she said tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, its ok. come here" he said taking her in his arms and rocking her back and forth as she sobbed quietly in his embrace.

For some reason he felt a need to protect her. He had just met her but something about her caught his attention and he wanted to get to know her better. From the pain he saw pouring out of her, he knew she had suffered something tramatic. He only wish he knew what it was so he could help her mend those wounds.

When Destiny finally seemed to calm down a bit he gently pulled her away from him looking into those beautiful, sad, green eyes.

"I have to go call my friend real quick. I'll be right in the other room if you need me ok?" he asked as he slowly stood up, never looking away from the young girl before him.

"Oh, I'm sorry I kept you from your call" Destiny said moving hair out of her face.

"It's not a problem sweetie. I'll be right back" he said kissing her forehead gently, surprising himself at such a bold move to a girl he just met.

He was pleasantly surprised when she smiled up at him, assuring him with just that smile that it didn't bother her.

Justin looked back at her once more with a smile before pulling out his cell phone and pushing the speed button he'd pushed many times before.

"Hey Justin what's going on?" JC asked as he realized who was calling.

When Justin explained the whole situation to JC, he waited patiently as the line was silent.

"Wow man, thats crazy. Are you sure shes not some like, crazy fan?"

"I'm sure Jace. She just has this calmness to her I can't even explain it but when I look into her eyes I see this deep sadness, it almost depresses me. I want to know what happened to her and I just met her"

"Well, don't push her J. She's obviously hurting and won't open up to you. You have to give her time"

Justin sighed, peeking into the other room seeing Destiny looking down at her hands "I know man. I gotta go, I'll call you later"

Making his way back into the living room he saw Destiny curled in a ball on the couch, fast asleep.

Justin let out a smile smile as he gently took the comforter off the back of the couch and placed it ontop of the sleeping girl infront of him. He leaned down infront of her stroking her hair gently as she looked so peaceful in her sleep.

"Sleep well" he whispered gently running his hand along her face, hoping she could find some comfort in her dreams.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story