Author's Chapter Notes:
again SORRYYYY for the lack of update, been sooo busy lately. heres a  new chapter!! again id appriciate some reviews!

"You are worthless! How could anyone love you?" the booming voice said kicking Destiny multiple times.

"STOP!" she sreamed. She couldn't take this pain anymore.

"Destiny! Destiny!" she heard a voice shouting.

"Justin?" she asked her vison blurry.

Finally Justin's soft whisper woke her up. "Destiny" he said shaking her gently.

Destiny shot up, her forehead sweating, her whole body shaking. "It was just a dream" she said quitely hoping Justin wouldn't hear.

"Are you ok?" he asked concern all over his face.

"Yeah..Yeah..I'm fine. Nightmare I guess" she said throwing the covers back and swinging her legs over the bed.

"You were yelling in your sleep. Do you remember the dream?" Justin asked rubbing her back to sooth her.

"No." she lied. She didn't want to tell Justin what was going on and worry him.

"Well your up now. No more worries" he said giving her a sweet smile.

"So what do you want to do?" he asked.

"Well my birthday is next week.." she started.

"IT IS?! Destiny! Why did you not tell me?" JUstin asked in mock anger.

Destiny giggled. "Sorry. I didn't see the big deal with it."

"Des." he said turning her to face him. "18 IS a big deal."

"Justin, really. I don't expect you to do a big thing for me"

The wheels turning in Justin's head, but keeping his mouth shut and smiled. "OK. how about we go and see a movie?"

Destiny nodded, liking that idea. "Yeah, sure."

"Alright. Well hey I gotta get to the studio, so you have the house to yourself for a few hours. I won't be long. Just.. don't burn down the house ok?" he said winking at her.

"Har har.. go." she said pushing him out the door.

What is going on in that mind of his? she wondered as she watched Justin leave.

 

A week later Justin had the preperations all planed out. He wanted to make Destin'y 18th birthday something special. He had taken her out to lunch while the guys decorated the back yard with balloons and streamers and a HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY sign across the patio.

The guys had made sure their cars weren't showing when Justin pulled into his driveway.

"Did you like the movie?" Justin asked as they entered the quiet house.

"Yeah. I liked it" she said walking into the house, feeling an eerie calm.

"Hey Des, I think I left something out on the patio. Can you get it for me?" Justin asked from behind.

"Uh..yeah sure" she said a little confused, but walked onto the patio nonetheless.

"SURPRISE!!" the guys shouted coming out of nowhere

"Oh my god!" Destiny shouted jumping back, Justin catching her in his arms.

She turned to face Justin. "You planned this all didn't you?" she asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"Uh yes?" he asked nervously, not sure if she was mad or not. But his features settled when he saw the gentle smile spread across her face.

"Thank you Justin" she said giving him a tight hug before turning to the other guys waiting.

"Thank you!"' she said with a big smile, soon being in the middle of a group hug.

Destiny looked around as everyone was englufed with their food and couldn't help but smile. She was so grateful to have found friends like these. She had worried her bad luck would last forever but she had seemed to finally find people who cared.

"Alright. Present time!" Chris shouted excitedly.

Destiny rolled her eyed playfully as Lance stood up to get the gift, handing her a small square box with a card on top.

She read the card and chucked. "Did you write this Chris?"

"Me? I'm hurt. But yeah." he said with a proud grin.

"Just open it!" JC and Joey said at the same time.

"OK OK!" she chuckled then her breath caught in her throat when she pulled out the necklace that lay in the box.

"Turn it over." JC said.

When she did, she read the inscription. We Love You Des! Happy 18th! Love, NSYNC

"Wow" she said breathlessly. "Thank you, this is so sweet" she said giving each guy a hug and kiss. "You really didn't need to do this for me."

"No we didnt, but we wanted to." Justin said wrapping his arms around her lovingly, with her not realizing what was in his other hand.

She smiled at Justin but it quickly faded when she saw the evil smile spread across his face.

"Justin? What are-" her words were cut short when cake was shoved in her face.

"JUSTIN!" she screeched through her laughter. 

Before Justin could finish laughing, a piece of cake came hurling in his direction. Before long a fledged cake fight took place before their eyes.

Hours later, and many showers after Destiny sat on the couch as Justin desended down the stairs.

"So did you have fun?"

"Yeah I did. thanks so much" she sid as he sat down next to her, wrapping his strong arms around her.

"I'm glad" he whispered in her ear before they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
sorry this is a lame chapter im not feeling good lol

Incomplete
katiex0 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Handsome Stranger also liked 120 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story