Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's a new chapter I hope you like it! please review so i know that people are reading/ liking it and want me to continue =]

Destin'ys eyes fluttered opend at the sound of pots and pans in the kitchen. Peeking over the covers she saw Justin in the kitchen, diligently working hard to make breakfast. She smile at the sight. He looked so cute with the little apron around his waist, biting his lip as he tried to put in the right ingredients.

"Destiny stop that" she whispered to herself. She had been hurt too many times in the past and was afraid of it again. Justin was a nice guy but she couldn't open up to him, not yet.

"Well good morning sleepy head" Justin said walking into the living room seeing Destiny sitting up on the couch, her hair a mess looking completely adorable.

"Good Morning" she smiled lazily. "Whatcha cookin in there?" she asked letting the smell drift into her nose.

"Well Madame, we have french toast, eggs and some delicious sausage if i do say so myself" Justin beamed with pride.

"Oh well then Mr. High and Mighy Chief, maybe I'll have some" she giggled.

Justin smiled back at her before making his way back into the kitchen bringing her a plate. He set it down on her lap waiting for her to try it.

Destiny took a bit of the food, chewing it slowly deciding if she liked it or not. Looking over at Justin who was eagerly waiting her approval. She swallowed the bite and shrugged.

"Justin, for future refrence, don't go anywhere near a stove" she said with a giggle, Justin's mouth dropped.

Destiny burst into giggles at the look on his face. "Justin! I'm kidding. Quit your pouting, you look like a five year old."

Continuing to pout Justin said there with his arms crossed, pretending to be upset. After five minutes of silence Destiny wondered if she really hurt his feelings.

"Justin? I was just kidding. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings." she said scooting closer to him. "Justin?"

After a moment Justin finally spoke. "You should be" he said.

Destiny was about to open her mouth when she saw the hidden grin spreading across Justin's face.

"Justin!" she shrieked, smacking his shoulder as Justin looked up at her, his eyes sparkling with laughter. "That was so mean"

"I know" he said continuing to laugh.

He loved being around this girl. She was mature for her age, but still knew how to be goofy and have fun. He was hoping their friendship could continue. Whether she found out his secret or not, he wasn't about to tell her. He liked things the way they were at this moment.

After things finally settled down, they were sitting on the couch talking about nonsense things. Then Justin remembered that JC was throwing a barbaque at his house with the other guys on their day off.

"Hey Des, my buddy is throwing a BBQ later on. Do you wanna go?" he asked her.

Destiny shifted so she was facing him. "Sure, that sounds fun. What time?"

Justin looked at his watch, "In about 2 hours probably."

"Oh ok, well let me go shower and clean up. I don't have anything to wear though" she said slowly standing up.

"You need help?" Justin asked as he watched her cringe as she stood up. Her back was to him and she didn't notice that he saw the bruise on her hip. Justin didn't ask what it was from although he had a good idea he wasn't about to ask.

"No I'm ok" she said heading for the stairs.

"It'll be hard to get up those stairs, here." he said lifting her off the ground and into his arms making her let out a shriek of surprise.

"Justin! What are you doing?"

"Carrying you upstairs. What does it look like?" he grinned as they made it to the top of the stairs, he slowly lowered her to the ground letting her make her way to the bathroom.

"Oh and, we'll stop at the mall before the BBQ and get you some clothes, for now you can wear one of my shirts and sweat pants"

"Thanks Justin" she said giving him a warm smile.

"Not a problem" he said softly as she closed the bathroom door behind her.

"Destiny!" he called up the stairs.

"I'll be right down!" she yelled back.

Slowly he saw her making her way down the stairs, one at a time. She looked so cute with her curly brown hair up in a messy bun wearing his clothes.

"Well don't you look adorable" he said as she reached the last step.

Destiny blushed at his words. "Thanks" she said quietly.

"You ready to go?" he asked placing his hand on the small of her back as they made their way into the warm California sun.

"You bet." she said with a smirk.

"Alright sista. To the mall we go!" he said making his voice deep for emphasis making Destiny laugh.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story