"Your boy, Jerry, called here. He wants to introduce us to some people the day after tomorrow."

 

"What's the day after tomorrow?" Laura said as she continued to type on her laptop.

 

"Its the awards ceremony, duffus."

 

"Ooooh...Sorry I had forgotten it was this week."

 

"Damn...I forgot to tell you that I got you a seat with me and the guys."

 

Laura stopped typing. "I was going to sit with Rachel and Jerry during it."

 

"Why?" JC asked.

 

"I just don't want people to think I'm your date."

 

"Why does it seem like our roles are reversed here? JC said as he put the newspaper down on the coffee table.

 

"What do you mean?" Laura asked.

 

"I'm trying my best to make an effort to make this work. Bend over backwards to please you and make sure that things are Okay for you and I get nothing in return!"

 

"First of all, it's give and take. We both are making sacrifices here. You are not the only one. And second of all...It's not just that...I don't want people to think I am dating any of you. Because I could just sit next to Chris, Joey, Lance, or Justin...I just don't want to be cast as dating any of you. It causes too much chaos. I mean someone could see you or any of the guys with a glass of water in your hand and the very next morning plastered all over the papers, TV and net there is a story about how you are alcoholics."

 

JC choked on his drink trying not to laugh. "I get where you are coming from, but I just get tired of having to hide things anymore."

 

"Yeah I know, but--"

 

"Oh my goodness look how big he's gotten!" JC interrupted as he rushed to the front door to help Rachel carry in a young toddler and 2 baby bags along with a stroller.

 

"Take him for me would you?'

 

"Of course."

 

Laura watched JC as he took the baby from Rachel's arms along with the two bags. She could see how content and happy he was and slightly smiled before looking over at Rachel with concern. Rachel nodded her head in recognition.

 

"How old is he now? One?"

 

"Yeah, last month we had a little party for him. He stuffed his hand into the cake before I could get pictures of it." Rachel laughed. There was chocolate everywhere. All over his face, in his hair, and somehow in his diaper."

 

JC laughed as he bounced the baby up and down gently. "Nikolas, you and me are going to have to start hanging out more. With our looks combined, we could have our pick of a lot of fly hunnies." JC joked. The baby immediately began giggling and putting his hands out towards JC's face. JC brought the baby closer to his face and nibbled on his tiny fingers lightly. "His eyes are crystal blue."

 

Laura quickly shot Rachel a look of concern.  Rachel hesitated slightly, "Yeah I know."

 

"Nobody in your family has blue eyes." JC looked up towards the ceiling as he ran her families faces through his mind.

 

"No one in my immediate family but it could be from back in the gene pool somewhere."

 

"Either that or Jerry's family." Laura quickly added.

 

"You wanna play with Buddy? Can he play with the dog?"

 

"Sure."

 

"What's up, Nik?" JC asked as he looked at the baby's face. "Um, why is he making that face and grunting...Oh good God!" JC said as he moved his face away. "Whew...I think you need to go to your mommy or auntie now. This is uncle JC's stop."

 

Laura walked over and took the baby from JC. "Don't ever grow up to be like that." Laura joked. JC lightly poked her in her side. "I'm going to get Buddy. I'll be right back."

 

"Okay." Laura said as she leaned her head out and quickly stopped. She almost leaned to kiss him and caught herself. JC looked at her and smirked. "See I told you."

 

"Told her what?" Rachel asked feeling left out.

 

Laura shot JC a look.  "Nothing...It's one of those, you had to be there, jokes."

 

"Oh." Rachel watched the two of them with her son. She leaned up to get the baby, but Laura said she would take care of it. She lightly laid the baby down on the changing pad on the floor and began to change his diaper.  "So when are you going to tell him?"

 

"I wasn't planning on telling him at all." Rachel said as she handed Laura a box of wipes.

 

"Rachel...."

 

"Why does he need to know?" she asked as she handed her a diaper.

 

"Why wouldn't he need to know!?"

 

"Do you think it would make things any better?"

 

"Hiding it sure as hell won't help."

 

"If not for him, at least for Nikky, Rachel. I mean come on now."

 

Don't sit there and dictate to me like you are miss high and mighty Lauren Alexandria Charles. You've known as long as I have and I don't see you telling him the truth!"

 

"You asked me not to. I keep my promises to my friends. No matter how much I don't want to." Laura set her small keyboard down on the floor and placed Nikolas in front of it. He quickly began to bang on the keys, becoming more and more excited with each noise he made. Laura could see JC walking towards the back door with Buddy in his arms.

 

"Look all I am saying is that he needs to know. For his own sake and for Nikky's.

 

"Hey look who I got, Nik." JC said as he walked in and placed the puppy in front of Nikolas. Nikolas didn't know how to react to the animal. Buddy began to sniff the baby all over and then started to lick him. Nikolas then started to giggle and began to crawl around the room chasing after the puppy's every move.

 

JC sat on the floor, completely mesmerized.  "He's adorable, Rachel."

 

Thanks." she smiled secretly watching him as he watched her son.

 

"Just a shame." JC muttered to himself.

 

"Huh?" Rachel asked.

 

"Huh? Oh nothing." JC said as he got up from floor and sat on the couch. JC continued to watch the baby and thought to himself that it was shame that Nikolas wasn't his son.  Laura watched him and had wondered to herself why he had said what he said, but soon brushed it off and went back to talking to Rachel about plans for the ceremony.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex