Hundreds of lights were flashing as Laura stepped out of the limo. She looked around and noticed the reporters lined on both sides of the red carpet. She looked ahead and could see Lance. She desperately tried to spot JC but could not see him in the crowd of people lined up to go inside.

 

"I didn't think it would be this crowded here tonight, Rach."

 

"What are you worried about? You look fantastic. I'm going to have to borrow that dress from you."

 

As they walked down the red carpet towards the entrance to the theater reporters called out to Laura for pictures and questions.

"…Tonight I can at least relax. There is no anxiety over whether I am going to win or not because I am not up for an award tonight. I'm just here to support my friends." Laura smiled as she continued with interviews. She glanced over and could see JC talking to an E! reporter and almost as if he could read her mind he turned around and looked directly at her. She slightly smiled as he continued with his interview.

 

"Ms. Charles! Is it true that you and JC Chasez are teaming up to write for the new pop sensation Michael Stewart?"

 

JC heard his named being mentioned and turned to Laura. She was stunned at the question because no one was suppose to know that they were working together on the album until the press release which was a month away.  "--Yes that's right. Ms. Charles and Mr. Chasez are exclusively working with Virgin Records on this album. Its sure to be a smash hit." Jerry chimed in. "Hey JC, why don't you come over and get in a few pictures with me and Laura!" he yelled.

 

JC immediately knew who leaked the information and tried not to let his anger show as he walked over to Laura and Jerry and dawned a smile for the camera's.

 

As they were posing, Laura could hear reporters competing for JC's attention with tons of questions, "Are you going to be a featured guest artist on the album, Mr. Chasez? Have you and Ms. Charles worked together before? Have you and Mr. Emerson reconciled your differences since recent events involving Ms. Stafford?" Laura knew JC could hear the questions and how much the last one must have hurt, but he continued on as though they didn't exist. JC smiled as he spoke to Reba McEntire who had been walking down the carpet to go inside as well.

 

JC tried his best not to hear the press dig into Laura next. He was used to it, but Laura had been a rather private person. People would know and love the songs, but they never wondered who the person behind the music was until she had co-written a few songs for Christina Aguilera. "Ms. Charles, is it true that you and Ms. Stafford are close friends? How do you think that will affect your work with JC? Do you think there will be a possible romance with you working so closely with Mr. Chasez?"

 

While smiling for pictures with his teeth clenched, JC leaned sideways closer to Jerry and said, "If you fuck this up for us, you'll live to regret it."

 

Laura didn't know if JC's comment to Jerry was about their deal or if he was referring to their relationship. He wanted to turn and comfort Laura but knew he couldn't with all the spotlights on him.

 

Laura felt her face becoming hotter and hotter. She wanted to run away but knew she was trapped. Hundreds of questions coming from every direction. Flashes of light that never seemed to end. Just when she thought she couldn't take anymore a hand grabbed hers. "Hey Laura! How have you been, girl?" a voice rang out loudly. Laura looked up and Justin was smiling down at her. He continued to smile as he talked to her. "This is how you work it, hun. Continue to smile and laugh like you are enjoying yourself out here, but at the same time we can talk about all these freaks who are snapping pictures like we were zoo animals."

 

Chris soon joined Laura and Justin in their conversation. "See this geek over here snapping photos. No wonder he is behind the camera instead of in front of it." Chris joked. Laura began to chuckle as Justin and Chris laughed hysterically towards the cameraman who began to laugh along with them out of mere confusion as to what was going on. Through a wide smile Justin looked at her and asked if she was OK. Laura just smiled back and nodded her head and said thank you as they continued with interviews before finally proceeding inside to take their seats.

 

JC and the rest of the guys were seated up front. Laura, Rachel and Jerry were seated almost at the back of the theater. Laura was beginning to regret her decision to sit with her best friend. "Had I known we had the nose bleed seats, I would have taken JC up on his offer to sit with the guys."

 

"Oh hush, Laura." Rachel smiled.

 

Laura and Rachel continued to joke around all evening. The ceremony had become long and drawn out like the Oscars and they were trying their best to keep themselves interested as they sent each other text messages about the people in the rows ahead of them. Jerry had to play baby-sitter as he continuously told the two women to behave themselves.

 

They would pause every now and then when the guys would receive awards. The loudest voices in the back hooting and hollering would be none other than Rachel and Laura pretending to be fanatical teenagers.  "Marry me, Lance!"  Rachel yelled.

 

When the nominees for Outstanding Achievement in Song writing were announced, Laura immediately became silent and sat up. She had received the award the year previous so she was not eligible for it this year. JC had been nominated in the category and she was crossing her fingers for him. When he was announced the recipient of the award, JC dropped his face into his hands in surprise.

 

His first instinct was to find Laura and hug her, but she was no where in sight. Laura sat up in her chair and watched him with a deep grin on her face. As he took the award and shook the man's hand he stood there and looked down at it and let out a long sigh and smiled, "Wow...I just want to thank those who voted for me. I was up against some of the best songwriters around. I don't think of myself as the best of the bunch by any means. I just think I had an angel on my shoulder," he smiled as he looked out into the crowd towards Laura. "I want to first and foremost thank God and my parents. I want to thank the guys...Justin, Chris, Lance and Joey. You're my brothers. And that's eternal...No matter what anyone else tells us, we've managed to stay strong...TOGETHER. That bond can never be broken between us...NEVER. To Rachel, Jenny, Laura, and Rich...I hold you guys right here in my heart."

Upon hearing their names Rachel squeezed Laura's arm and smiled at their honorable mention in his speech. JC continued to thank the record producers and management until finally concluding his speech. "And last but not least I want to thank a very special person. You know who you are. You amaze me. All those times when I would want to throw my hands up and quit, you never let me...You pushed me to keep going. Every time I thought the battle was just too hard to fight, you gave me the strength I needed to win. Every time I told myself that I couldn't do it, you told me I could…And that I would. You've been there for it all. The great, the good, the bad, and the ugly...no matter what."

 

Rachel's smile grew deeper as she listened to JC speak. He had her complete attention. Laura was also sitting there smiling focusing her attention to JC while he concluded his speech, "I know that things haven't been easy and I know that they will only get more complicated, but if you give me the chance, I promise that I will be that solid rock for you, that you have been for me. Thank you so much for everything. I Love You...This is for you...Thank you." he said as he lifted the award up in the air as he tried to hold back the tears that were beginning to form in his eyes.

 

As they were clapping for JC while he walked off-stage, Laura quickly wiped the tears from her face and looked towards Rachel who was also wiping her eyes. Laura figured she was emotional because of the speech and smiled at her. "That was beautiful wasn't it?" Rachel asked Laura. Laura nodded and smiled. Her smile faded as she thought of the repercussions of what JC had just started.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex