After the waiters came over and took dinner orders, everyone began to get up and mingle at other tables. Laura and Rachel retreated to the bathroom to freshen up. When they walked back into the large dining room, they noticed that the music had already began to play. Spandua Ballet's hit "This Much Is True" began to flow throughout the entire room.

 

"This is my favorite song." Laura said excitedly as they started back to their table.

 

They were both immediately startled by Justin who popped up as if out of nowhere, "May I have this dance?"

 

Rachel smiled at Laura. "Ummm...Sure." she said as he took her hand and led her out to the dance floor.

 

JC was sitting at a nearby table talking to a couple of record producers when he noticed Justin and Laura walking towards the dance floor. He tuned out their conversation as he watched them. Laura looked around nervously before entwining her fingers with Justin's as he placed his other hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer to him. Laura rested her free hand on his shoulder as they began to dance.

 

Justin decided to test her. "What movie is this from?"

 

"Hmm...I'm guessing something Molly Ringwaldish...Pretty in Pink? At the end when they were at prom..."

 

"Very good." Justin smiled, clearly impressed by her knowledge.

 

"Yeah, I'm a big movie buff. JC sucks at our games of TV trivia."

 

"Speaking of him...Like his speech he gave earlier?"

 

"It was nice. " She nonchalantly said as they continued to sway to the music.

 

"You know it was for you right?" he said as he looked down into her eyes.

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" she asked. Laura was playing the innocent naive role where JC's speech was concerned.

 

"The part when he said 'I love you'. That was for you."

 

"Oh."

 

"That's the first time he has done that. He never even gave Rachel an 'I love you' when they were dating."

 

"He does it with you guys. Why not with me? We are just as close?"

 

"That's the same thing he said. We were all confused about it at first, but now it makes sense." he replied as he twirled her around slowly to watch her entire body as she turned.

 

"I just don't want people thinking there is anything else there, Justin. I most often times have to defend our friendship to you!" she joked.

 

"I understand. Did you give any thoughts to us going out again sometime?"

 

Laura began to laugh as Justin pulled her closer to his body. "Damn, Justin! It hasn't even been 24 hours since the last time we went out. You have to give me time to miss you." she said, smiling up at him.

 

"It usually doesn't take but 5 minutes for a girl to miss me. I must be losing my touch." he joked.

 

"You really surprise me."

 

"Why's that?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

 

"Because you are nothing like you appear to be." she smiled as she looked into his eyes.

 

"What do I appear to be?"

 

"Well most often times you have this player mentality and you seem like you are only about loving em' and leaving em', but that's not what you're about."

 

"How can you tell for sure?" he whispered lightly in her ear.

 

"Because...The extreme amount of effort that you put into our date yesterday...in the little bit of time you had to plan it...was amazing. I don't think anyone would go that far if they were only trying to get a good piece of ass."

 

"Well if you spent half as much time with me as you do with JC, you would have found that out a long time ago. I go to great lengths for things that are dear to me."

 

Laura looked at him, puzzled by what he had just said, but was scared to venture down that road of conversation with him. "So what do you think went on between Jerry and Rachel earlier?" she asked trying to change to subject.

 

"I don't know. Probably the usual. Why are you trying to change the subject, Ms. Slickster?" he grinned as he dipped her back.

 

"Because I don't want to get into that subject with you right now."

 

"You scared to blow up my ego or something?"

 

"No...It's just that-"

 

A man soon interrupted over the loudspeaker and announced that dinner was being served. Justin took Laura's hand and led her back to their table. As he held her chair for her, he curiously looked around and asked, "Where did JC go?"

"The last time I saw him, he was sitting over there." Chris pointed out to the table next to theirs.

"He looked upset when I saw him. He was walking past me out into the lobby by the rest rooms." Jerry stated as held out Rachel's chair. Rachel grabbed her chair and said she could do it herself, before rolling her eyes at him and taking a seat.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex