Laura jumped back in surprise. "Dammit, Justin. What is up with you and this whole popping up everywhere routine lately?!"

 

"My mother always told me that when someone is startled, it usually means they are up to no good." he smiled.

Laura rolled her eyes and pushed Justin as they slowly walked towards the ballroom. "I wasn't 'up to no good' as you and your momma say....I was just....Having some female issues."

 

Justin's face crinkled up as he shook his entire body. "Okay, you can keep that personal shit to yourself. No need to expound any further on the matter."

 

"Whatever!" she teased as she prayed to God that Justin didn't see JC walk out ahead of her moments earlier. She was soon relieved when he went on to gossip about other people who were inside.

 

As they reached the table, Laura noticed that JC was already back and engaged in conversation with Rachel.

 

"JC, what the hell happened to your neck?" Chris asked.

 

With a confused look on his face, JC asked, "What are you talking about?" as he touched his neck. He quickly remembered Laura biting it minutes earlier. "My collar was bothering me. I kept itching in that one spot and couldn't stop scratching it. Its all irritated now." he explained. Laura looked away from the table trying not to smile. Joey was studying the red mark on his neck and was just about to touch it until JC moved his head back "It should be fine in a couple minutes, guys."

 

As their food was being served Laura turned to the waiter and asked for another glass of water. Rachel turned to ask her to request two more from the waiter until she noticed a similar red mark on Laura's neck beneath her hairline.  Laura turned to ask Rachel if she wanted a glass too, but Rachel was staring off into space.  Laura tapped her on the shoulder, "Earth to Rachel? Do you want another glass of water or not?"

 

"Huh? Umm....Yes please." she quickly answered before returning to her own thoughts. Rachel was silent for most of the evening. She just sat back and watched everyone interacting. She noticed Justin leaning in and whispering to Laura and hoped that he was the one that had been the cause of the mark on her neck, but something inside her was telling her she was out of the loop on something.

 

JC has noticed Rachel's observations and knew something was going on in her head since she was so quiet. He also noticed Justin's incessant whispers to Laura, who seemed to be enjoying things way too much. As he was looking around at everyone, he locked eyes with Rachel who seemed to be staring at him. He mouthed 'what' and she just smiled and mouthed back to him, 'later.'

 

The host for the evening got on-stage and stated that while dessert was being prepared he wanted to have people come up and do a little karaoke so he could test out the machine they had just bought for the banquet hall. JC could feel Rachel's eyes stabbing him and decided to take the opportunity to retreat away from her by volunteering on-stage. He jumped up on stage and went through the list before picking a song.

 

When Laura heard the music begin to play she immediately stopped speaking and turned around to see JC standing on the stage. Justin looked at her and wondered what made her turn so quickly, but shrugged it off and looked in JC's direction as he began to sing.

Hey where did we go,

Days when the rains came

Down in the hollow,

Playin' a new game,

Laughing and a running hey, hey

Skipping and a jumping

In the misty morning fog with

Our hearts a thumpin' and you

My brown eyed girl,

You my brown eyed girl.

Laura quickly began to smile and laugh lightly to herself as she watched JC on-stage. It was one of her favorite songs as a child and lately, she'd been singing it all the time. She couldn't seem to get it out of her head. It must have also worn off on JC.

 

Joey and Chris got up and joined him on stage.  As they began to sing, JC motioned for everyone in the room to join in with them, "Do you remember when we used to sing," He pointed the mic out towards the crowd and everyone joined in.

Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da

"Just like that!" he smiled.

Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da

La te da

So hard to find my way,

Now that I'm all on my own.

I saw you just the other day,

My how you have grown,

Cast my memory back there, Lord

Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout

Making love in the green grass

Behind the stadium with you

My brown eyed girl

You my brown eyed girl

Everyone in the room sung out in unison together, "Do you remember when we used to sing

Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da. "

As he finished the song everyone cheered as he smiled and got down off the stage.

"Let's give another hand to JC for cheering up the room a bit with his rendition of that Van Morrison classic. Thanks man!" the host announced as he clapped in JC's direction.

 

When dessert was finally served, Jerry stood up and began to speak. "Well guys, I hate to have to leave in the middle of dessert and this great time we're having but I have an early start tomorrow."

 

Chris sarcastically grinned and said "Oh no, please don't leave us...Just when you were starting to liven things up a bit."

 

"Funny Chris...Thanks again for everything guys. You ready Rachel, we need to get going."

 

"You go on without me. I'll meet you back at home later."

 

Jerry looked at her in disbelief. "What?"

 

"You heard me." All eyes were on Rachel and she didn't want to cause a scene. She slowly stood up and hugged Jerry and kissed him on the cheek, "I want to stay with Laura for a bit longer. I'll meet you back at home later." Jerry looked over at Laura and then agreed. As he was leaving he looked back over at Rachel and noticed her staring at JC. A frown formed on his face as he slowly turned and walked away.

 

As they were leaving Joey and Chris decided to catch a cab and go hit a few clubs before they called it a night. Lance, Justin, Laura, JC and Rachel all jumped into the limo and headed home.

 

Lance was the first to be dropped off and Justin would be the last because of where their houses were. When they reached JC's he thanked everyone for the great time and proceeded to get out of the limo. Rachel stopped him and told him to wait for her as he grabbed her purse and stepped out of the van. He had a confused look on his face and looked towards Laura who quickly asked, "I thought you were coming home with me?"

 

"I need to talk to JC for a bit. I'll be over later." she smiled as she shut the door.

 

Laura began to speak but the door shut before she could get a word out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex