"If it is, I wish someone would let me in on it." he said as he frantically tried to remember what happened the night before. He looked at the receipt and sat down at the table in shock. "$556,800.00!  And that's definitely my signature on the receipt." he stated as he handed her the paper.

 

Laura was still in a state of disbelief. 'How could I not remember that?' she thought to herself. JC opened the flat manila envelope to check his mail. He began to mumble to himself and Laura looked towards him to see what he was talking about. He didn't say a word as he handed her the document.

 

Laura couldn't help but laugh. "Certificate of marriage? Hillpoint Wedding Chapel? How clichéd is this, JC?"

 

"What's so funny?" he asked with a confused look in his face.

 

"The one night that I decide to let myself go and be completely free, I wake up the next morning completely hung-over, naked, and married!" she laughed. "The woman downstairs was talking to me and congratulating me and I just assumed she was talking about my music, not my marriage."

 

JC smiled and attempted to laugh with her.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

JC placed the marriage certificate back on the table and looked up at her. "You think being married to me is that much of a joke?"

 

"Of course not, JC!" she exclaimed as she walked over to him. Laura slowly sat down in his knee and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemons here."

 

JC removed her hands and went to stand up. Laura caught her balance to keep from falling to the floor. "Okay that came out completely wrong." She said as she followed him over to the couch.

 

"Do you remember anything that happened last night?" he asked as he grabbed the two jewelry boxes off the table and held them in his hand.

 

Laura sat back and looked up at the ceiling trying to recollect what they did the night before. "I remember us going out and bumping into to Joey. We hit a few clubs, and after that I remember you saying something about walking home instead of catching a cab."

 

"Right." He agreed. "I remember walking by a wedding chapel in just about every corner we hit and we started to make jokes about it…." JC sat back on the couch and looked towards the ceiling.

 

"How can a person not remember their own wedding, JC?" She asked disappointedly.

 

"I don't know, Hun. We did have a lot to drink last night."

 

"Yeah, but you would think that it would be the most important time of your life. What type of people forget something like vowing their lives to one another?"

 

"It's not like we can't have it annulled." He said as he closed the ring box and placed them back on the table.

Laura brought her gaze from the ceiling back down to JC who was staring at the boxes on the table. "Do you want to have it annulled?"

 

JC turned his head to look at her. "Do you?"

 

"Don't answer my question with a question, JC. Do you or not?"

 

There was a long moment of silence before he answered her question. "No…I know that you are the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life." he stated as he turned to face her. "I can't picture finding anyone else on this earth that knows me better than you do..." JC lightly rubbed the back of his hand across her cheek as he looked deep into her eyes. "...Who can touch me the way you do. Someone who can make my heart beat a million times a second just with a smile. But if you don't want to, I can understand."

 

"You are not scared about what other people will say when they find out?"

 

JC knew that was coming. "What the fuck do I care about anyone else, Laura!?" he yelled as he stood up and raked his hands through his hair before turning around and facing her. "You're it for me. You're the only one I am worried about when it comes to that."

Laura desperately wanted to believe him. She stood up and walked over to him. "Are you sure, JC? Are you absolutely sure this is what you want?"

 

"Yes. And if it's not what you want, then we can go and get it annulled today if possible." He answered as he sat down at the table and began to grab a spoonful of eggs to put on his plate.

 

Laura stood there for a moment and watched him as he continued to pile on the food and started to eat. She looked down at the rings and back over at JC, who never looked up at her. She walked over to the coffee table and grabbed the two boxes and slowly walked back towards the dining table. JC continued to eat as she stood there. She sat down next to him and grabbed his hand and took it in hers. She took the larger band and was about to place it on his finger when she noticed the insignia on the inside. She looked up at him as she slowly slid it onto his finger and said, "Today I marry my friend."

 

He leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. He opened the second box and took out the two rings and read the insignia inside of her band aloud. "Our song is never-ending." JC slowly slid the band on her finger and then the engagement ring and entwined her hand with his. Neither of them spoke as they stared into each other's eyes. All that could be heard with the clattering of their rings pressed together.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex