The silence was broken by the ringing of the door bell. JC's mother stood up. "Wow! This is a…a big surprise to say the least. I need to get the door." She said as she went to leave.

 

Heather jumped up and said she would answer it.  Laura pushed JC to go and talk to his mother.

 

"Congratulations, Laura." Sophia said as she leaned down to give her a hug.

 

"Thanks. It was very unexpected." She nervously laughed.

 

After the initial shock was over everyone went back to talking and asking questions about the two of them and how the whole marriage thing came about. Before they had gone to the barbecue, JC and Laura had decided to change the truth to appease everyone as opposed to telling them they got drunk and don't remember getting married, let alone saying vows.

 

"Mom…Will you please talk to me?" JC said as he followed her into the kitchen.

 

"What is there to say? My son is married. Congratulations." Karen continued to cut pieces of cake and place them on saucers.

 

"I know this isn't what you wanted for me. I know you would have rather it be someone else wearing that ring.  I know of your dream for a big ceremony in the church and all of our family and friends in attendance, and I'm sorry, Mom. I still want that. I just followed my heart this past week."

 

JC's mother stopped in mid-slice. "I just wish you would have told me, JC! I didn't know about a relationship let alone a sudden marriage!" She whispered loudly, never turning around to look at him as she continued to slice the cake.

 

JC walked towards his mom and rested his chin on her shoulder. "I love you, Ma. And I am sorry that we kept this from you, but it was better for everyone around us if no one knew. And I promise that you will have the ceremony that you always wanted. I just wish you would have faith in me and realize that I would be the best judge of who I want to be with for the rest of my life."

 

JC's mother turned around quickly with her mouth wide open. "JC, I have tremendous faith in you." She placed her palm on the side of her son's face. "I guess I just feel like you didn't trust me enough to tell me what was going on in your heart. And to a mother…It hurts…And not being able to be there when you took this step hurts even more."

 

JC was about to speak, until his father interrupted them. "Everyone is getting a little antsy waiting on the cake, dear."

 

"I'll be right there. Can you send Laura in to help me please."

 

JC's father returned to the family room and told Laura she was wanted in the other room. She slowly stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Heather crossed her fingers and smiled at her as she pushed the doors open.  "Mr. Chasez said you wanted to see me?"

 

"Yes Laura, please come here." Karen placed the plates on a tray, never turning around to look at her. Laura's heart was beating a mile a minute as she inched her way towards Mrs. Chasez. JC's mom finally turned around and leaned back on the counter. "Well? Let me see it." She said as she looked down towards Laura's hand.

 

Laura lifted up her hand to show her the rings. JC's mom pulled her hand closer to her so she could get a better look at the diamond on her finger. His mother's eyes widened at the sight of the sparkling jewel on her hand. "Well, my son has excellent taste." She said. Laura didn't know if she meant the ring or if his mother was personally referring to her, until she held out her arms to her. Tears began to fill Laura's eyes as she hugged her mother-in-law. Mrs. Chasez ran her hand over Laura's hair. "Let's not mess up that pretty face, before we go back out into the room, sweetie."

 

Laura lightly laughed through her tears as she wiped her face. JC kissed her forehead and wrapped his arm around her shoulder to make her feel better before they returned to the other room with the platter of cakes.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex