"No, they actually took it pretty well. Justin seemed a bit distant afterwards, but I'm hoping it will pass. It's only been about a week since all this happened." Laura said as she talked to her friend on the phone.

 

"What the hell is that noise?" Hallie asked.

 

Laura continued to fill up the ice bucket and open bags of chips. "Oh, I'm just trying to get the guys something to munch on until the pizza and wings get here. They're all watching the game."

 

"So am I the first non-new relative that you have told so far?" she asked.

 

"Yeah...I honestly didn't want to tell you like this over the phone, but I am not going to be in California anytime soon and I wanted you to know before you found out from someone else, Hallie."

 

"It' OK. I completely understand. So what did Rachel say when she found out?"

 

Laura stopped what she was doing and stood in silence.

 

"Judging by your silence, its safe to assume you haven't told her yet, huh?"

 

"Not yet. But I'm going to have to before the end of the week...I'm just...scared."

 

"Why? Losing her friendship is not something that you should be losing sleep over, Laura. After everything that she has done?!"

 

"Look Hallie. She has been my friend since I was a baby. And although she doesn't seem to have her priorities straight, she is still my friend."

 

"I'm sorry. I was just saying that she has put you through a lot. Probably more than you have told me. If she were the great friend she claims to be, she wouldn't have put you in a lot of situations that you have been through in the past."

"I know. And I am glad that you got my back, but no matter what anyone else says, she has been like a sister to me."

 

"Okay. I know Rachel is a sore subject so I will move on with the conversation. What does the ring look like?"

 

Laura laughed as she looked down at the large rock on her hand. "Its amazing!"

 

"How much did he spend on it."

 

"Hallie, please. I think it was half a mil.  He only let me glance at the receipt before snatching it back out of my hand."

 

There was complete silence on the other end of the line. Laura went to ask her friend is she was still there, but was soon jolted by a loud scream coming from the receiver. She held the phone away from her ear. JC walked into the kitchen and saw her looking at the phone awkwardly. She smiled at him and mouthed that it was Hallie.

 

"Hey Hallie." JC yelled towards the phone.

 

"Tell him I said hi and congrats." Hallie said.

 

Laura continued to talk to Hallie as JC grabbed the ice and chips to take into the other room. When he returned to get the sodas, he could hear Laura whispering into the phone. "Oh, trust me, girl...He knows how to use it very well."

 

A grin appeared on his face. JC crept up behind her and placed his arms around her waist and he kissed the side of her neck. Hallie could hear giggles and a lot of activity on the other end of the line. "Should I let you go? You sound way too preoccupied over there if you ask me."

 

Laura laughed into the phone. "JC! Please..." she begged as she tried to break free from his grip. "No, I'm still here, Hallie. JC was just leaving to get back to his friends. So what was I saying before?"

 

He smiled as Laura threw the dish towel at him before pushing him out of the kitchen. "Oh, shit...Hold on Hallie. There's a call on the other line." she interrupted as she clicked over.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Umm, Laura?"

 

She immediately recognized the voice on the other end. "Oh...Hey Rach, what's up?"

 

"I was looking for JC. Is he around?"

 

Laura looked towards the living room and noticed JC and the others yelling at the television.

 

"Yeah he's here. He and the guys are watching the game."

 

"Oh. Well I better call back then. I know how he gets when he is wrapped up in a game."

 

"Is it important? I can go get him for you."

 

"No...well..not really."

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yeah...It can wait. How are you? I haven't talked to you in quite a bit."

 

"I'm splendid." Laura smiled as she looked down at her hand.

 

"Wow...Splendid? You must have finally found a man." Rachel joked.

 

Laura came back down to reality. "Hey, umm...Are you going to be in the area in the next couple days?"

 

"I might be. Why?"

 

"I actually wanted to see you and talk to you about something, Rach."

 

"Is it important? I can come now if you need me."

 

"No...It's not life threatening. I just wanted to tell you about something."

 

"Oh...Okay. Well I think I will be in your area tomorrow or Tuesday."

 

"Good. I have Hallie on the other line so I need to click back over, but I'll tell JC you called and have him call you back or whatnot."

 

"Okay...Thanks. Tell your friend I said hello."

 

"When will you two get along?" Laura asked coyly.

 

"Never." Rachel laughed. Laura smiled as she said goodbye and clicked back over to finish talking to Hallie. She knew that once Rachel found out, life wouldn't be filled with bliss much longer.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex