Later on that evening after everyone had left, JC's mom stopped by to drop off some bridal magazines for Laura to look at. Laura wanted to please Mrs. Chasez and promised her mother-in-law the wedding that she'd always wanted.

 

"Nope. She is sleeping. She was up since early this morning trying to help me with my little party I had. She even cleaned up all this mess before she went to bed." JC said as he pointed to the three large trash bags that were sitting by the back door to be taken out.

 

"Well just give her these to look at. I told Laura I would bring them by tomorrow and look at them with her, but I have to take your cousins to the airport."

 

"okay." he took the bundle of magazines and placed them on the kitchen counter.

 

"She's moved in already?"

 

"No...We haven't worked that detail out yet. She is just spending the night." He explained.

"I guess I should stop that...You're married now, JC. You don't need to explain anything to me anymore."

 

He looked down and smiled. "Yeah I know. I was just trying to be more open with you about my life."

 

Karen sat down at the table and motioned for JC to join her. "Well, can I take this moment to try and do the same with you?" she asked as she looked down the hallway to make sure that Laura was not close by.

 

"Sure." he replied as he sat down next to his mother. Karen put her hand over JC's. "Are you sure she is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

 

"Of course I'm sure." he said as he pulled his hand away. "Why would you even ask me something like that?"

 

"Because I know you." she said as she motioned him to keep his voice down. "You sometimes you act without thinking.

 

"I thought you liked Laura."

 

"I love Laura...And that is why I am making sure that you two aren't making the biggest mistake of your lives."

 

"And what mistake might that be, mother?" he said as he folded his arms and sat back in the chair.

 

"The mistake of trying to hold onto something that was never there to begin with."

 

JC rolled his eyes as he looked away from her.

 

"She is Rachel's best friend, Joshua."

 

"Here we go with that again!" he said loudly.

 

"Let me finish!" she whispered, motioning for him to keep his voice down.  "She is Rachel's best friend as well as yours. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you aren't clinging to Laura because the two of you have Rachel in common? Isn't that the one thing your friendship was based on to begin with? The link you both share in Rachel? The two of them are so much alike it is scary at times."

 

JC stood up quickly and pushed his chair in. "They are nothing alike."

 

"If that is what helps you sleep at night, then keep saying it to yourself."

 

"You know nothing about how we are together mom. You can't just come in here and pass judgments, because I didn't end up with the one that you wanted me to be with." JC walked into the living room and began to shut off the television.

 

His mother stood in the doorway watching him as he fixed the pillows on the couch.  He stood up and looked towards her. "You should see yourself sometimes, mom. The way you obsess over Rachel. You make Laura feel as if she isn't even in the room when you get on one of your 'Rachel is the best' rants. You compare her to Rachel when you shouldn't. She is nothing like her in the least. But I guess if her name isn't Rachel, she will never be good enough for me." he said as he threw the pillow down on the couch.

 

"Rachel has been around our family for a very long time. I grew very attached tothat girl and yes...I will admit that I tend to talk about her more than I should. But it only comes from missing her. She became part of our family...I still think of her in that manner...Even though the two of you are no longer together."

 

JC was growing angrier by the second. He walked over to the front door and opened it, waiting on his mother to take the clue that it was time to leave. She looked at him and nodded as she grabbed her purse. She slowly walked over to him as she stood in the middle of the doorway. "You are my son...and I would never do anything to hurt you or lead you astray. I know how your mind and heart work. I've observed how you were with Rachel...And I observed your friendship with Laura. And if you think I was naive about you and her...You are way off, hun. The only shock you gave me was the whole marriage in Vegas."

 

He looked away from his mother, but she took his face is her hand and made him look her in the eye. "I truly love you both. All I want is for you to be happy. I don't want you to settle in life. I want you to have everything you have ever dreamed of...Any mother would want that for her child. I also want Laura to be happy. I don't want her to one day realize that she was second best in your eyes. I do not want to see either of you hurt. I'm just trying to make sure that you are with Laura for Laura...and not for remnants of your lost love." She kissed his cheek and walked out the door and down the driveway.

 

JC slammed the door shut. He sat down on the steps and let his head fall into his hands.

Laura was awaken by the sound of fire engines that were racing down the street. She looked at the clock and noticed it was 1am. She slid her hand over to the other side of the bed to touch JC and realized that he was not there. She got up and searched the entire house with no luck. She looked outside and could see his car was still there and wondered to herself where he could be. She walked out into the backyard to see if he was in the pool. The water was still. Laura turned around to go back into the house when she noticed him sitting on the lawn chair staring at the water.

"JC?" she asked with a puzzled look on her face and she walked towards him. He didn't take his gaze away from the water. "Baby? What are you doing out here?"

 

"Couldn't sleep." he said as he lifted his eyes to meet hers. He stared at her as he remembered what his mother had said to him earlier. Laura walked over and sat in the chair next to him.

 

"Is something bothering you? You usually have no trouble sleeping." she joked.

 

JC slightly smiled at her and then turned his gaze back to the water. "I'm just thinking about my life and wondering how I ended up where I am today."

 

Laura was confused. "What do you mean?"

 

JC didn't want to scare her. "Oh, nothing, babe. I'll be in, in a second."

 

"Okay." she said as she stood up to leave. Laura started to walk away, but JC grabbed her hand and lightly pulled her down towards him. He leaned up and kissed her softly on the lips. Laura smiled. "I love you, JC." she said as she kissed his forehead.

 

JC ran his hand down her cheek and smiled. She stood up and reluctantly let go of his hand as she walked back into the house. He looked back towards the pool and quickly realized he was now the one who was afraid to utter those three words.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex