"I am just saying that you should find out what is wrong with her mother before you go dashing across the states to see about a woman you don't even know."

 

"I'm 'dashing across the states', to be with my wife when she needs me."

 

"Laura, actually asked you to drop appointments to come up there!?"

 

"No...She is very upset and I want to be there for her. And even though I have never met Mrs. Charles, she is in fact my mother-in-law!"

 

JC's dad started to grab the phone from her hand to tell his son to watch his tone but Mrs. Chasez stopped him and turned away to talk to her son. "Okay, JC. Let's just calm down for a second and think about this."

 

JC took a deep breath before speaking. "Mom. I love you dearly. But if this thing between you and I...Or you and Laura isn't settled soon, I am going to have to keep my distance."

 

Karen went to interrupt him, but he continued to speak. "The simple fact that you would try downplay this situation is unbelievable to me! And this decision really doesn't have anything to do with Laura's mother. It has to do with Laura. And if I have to say 'screw it' to a few hours of studio time and some meetings then so be it."

 

"You really this love this girl huh?" she asked.

 

"When you love someone, you'll do anything. You'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain. So if you call me being irrational for once in my life and skipping out on important meetings crazy...Then I guess you can say I do, mom. We're almost at the airport so I need to go. I love you mom. Bye."

 

She slowly put the receiver back down onto the base and layed down. She starred up at the ceiling and watched the moonlight stream through the room and she thought quietly to herself.

 

When JC was seated on the plane he tried his best to relax and get some sleep on the two hour flight. The stewardess came over and offered him a pillow and a drink. She then pointed out the headphones that were located in the seat. "Well it basically plays elevator music. I guess they figured it would be helpful in putting passengers to sleep." she joked.

 

He smiled and thanked her for her help and autographed a napkin for her daughter before putting on the headphones and leaning back into his chair. A familiar Spanish melody began to play and JC recognized Bryan Adams' song "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman." He listened to the lyrics and thought of Laura.

 

JC could feel the cabin rocking and looked out the window and could see it was raining. He smiled to himself as thoughts of Laura raced around in his mind as he continued to listen to the music. He looked inside his bag to get a magazine and came across Laura's purple notebook.

 

He took it out and started to leaf through the book. In the bag were pages and pages of lyrics and musical notes. His eyes widened as he started to read through some of her songs. He was amazed at how many she had written and how incredible some of them were. He was also taken aback at how revealing her lyrics were. For someone who seemed so private and reserved, she let everything flow out through her music.  There were no secrets there.  They all seemed to tell a story about her life or things that she had seen or experienced. He soon noticed that the book was split into two parts. The front half of the book was her personal journal and the back part of the book were songs and music. He looked up and around the as if he were a kid trying not to get caught doing something he wasn't supposed to.

 

He found himself immediately turned on as he read different fantasies that she had of him in dreams. A deep grin appeared across his face as he read how much she had cared for him even before they got involved with one another.

 

"That must be an extremely good book." a voice rang out.

 

JC was startled and quickly shut the book before accidentally dropping it onto the ground. "Yes, I guess you could say that." he answered as he reached for the book. Two sets of hands were on the book. JC looked up and saw the stewardess smiling down at him. "Here you go." she said.

 

"I must have looked like the Joker."

 

"Ehh...You were almost there." she laughed. "I just wanted to see if you wanted to a snack."

 

"Oh...No. Thanks though." He laughed to himself at how childish he was acting when the woman came over and noticed him reading a purple notebook with flowers all over the front of it. "Now she probably thinks I'm gay."

 

JC wanted to go back and finish reading Laura's journal, but knew he had violated her privacy by even opening it in the first place. He set it down in the empty chair next to him and closed his eyes and he tried to fall back to sleep. He slightly opened one eye and looked down at the book. He crossed his arms over his chest and began to tap his finger on his arm trying to play out his little dilemma. 'Well I have already read some. If I am going to be a snoop, I might as well do it right...But these are her private thoughts...I don't want her to not be able to trust me.' he thought to himself.

 

He put the notebook back into his bag and stuffed it under the chair in front of him and started to read his magazine. After a few moments of glancing down at the bag numerous times he threw down the magazine and grabbed the bag again and started to read the journal once more. His smiles continued to grow until they suddenly stopped on a certain date. JC read the entry a couple more times and leafed backwards and forwards through the book for more information. When it turned out hopeless, he read the entry one last time and slowly closed the notebook. He stared down at the journal and found himself lost in his own thoughts until he heard the pilot over the loudspeaker. He placed the book back into his bag and pushed it underneath the seat and buckled his seat belt. He closed his eyes and all he could see were Laura's words burned deep into his memory.

 

~~~~~~

 

JC's mom had been lying awake in bed for two hours thinking of her son and the argument they had earlier. She pulled the covers up over her shoulder and spoke softly to herself. "God I hope you are in love with her, JC. For both your sakes."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex